Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
California Passes SB 277 Forcing All Children To Get Vaccinated
(05-17-2015, 08:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I used to not get it, never did. Even when working in health care. I've never had the flu before in my life. A few years ago I started getting it because of my father's weakened immune system. The way I see it, there are no negatives to getting it, but there are plenty of potential negatives if you don't.

I used to get it... My ex wife was in healthcare and we ended up socializing with a lot of Her doctor friends and they made a pretty good case for not getting them. I don't have any real medical background or knowledge here, I do know to listen when I hear several experts talking about how it's not necessary. Unless your young, old, or weakened immune system.

the flu won't kill me, so I don't see the point getting a shot. If I was teaching still i would so I didn't have to miss any work.
(05-17-2015, 08:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I used to get it... My ex wife was in healthcare and we ended up socializing with a lot of Her doctor friends and they made a pretty good case for not getting them.   I don't have any real medical background or knowledge here, I do know to listen when I hear several experts talking about how it's not necessary.   Unless your young, old, or weakened immune system.  

the flu won't kill me, so I don't see the point getting a shot.   If I was teaching still i would so I didn't have to miss any work.

It's free for me and there is no downside, so I figure I mught as well.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-17-2015, 08:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I used to get it... My ex wife was in healthcare and we ended up socializing with a lot of Her doctor friends and they made a pretty good case for not getting them.   I don't have any real medical background or knowledge here, I do know to listen when I hear several experts talking about how it's not necessary.   Unless your young, old, or weakened immune system.  

the flu won't kill me, so I don't see the point getting a shot.   If I was teaching still i would so I didn't have to miss any work.

I haven't gotten one for years.

But I'm not in that "danger" zone of very young, very old, or sickly. I get the flu about every other year. 24 hours of being in bed and then back at it.

But I agree with Lucy that its really just a best guess scenario with the shot.

Vaccinations are completely different, IMHO. Get them or stay in your house the rest of your life.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I don't see the downside of the flu shot. If they are wrong, you are out $25. I haven't had the flu since I started getting the shots maybe 5 years ago. My wife got the flu in 2013 (no shot) and was immobile for three days, and not in great shape for another two. I was perfectly fine.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-16-2015, 02:30 PM)Steeler Eater Wrote: I for one stand behind this and don't understand why you would put your kids at risk for reasons that aren't ever backed up except with opinions.

Because Jenny Mcarthy said it was bad. She should know, she blew some old guy to get famous.
BTW, to any of you suggesting a 'Dr." said don't get vaccinated....... maybe the next time you are in dire need of surgery or medical help you just stay the **** home and treat it yourself Einstein.

Shut the **** up and get your kids vaccinated.
I get the whole government intrusion thing.

My question is: Where does my (and my children/ family) right to not catch disease(s) that have been virtually eradicated by vaccines stop and some junk science believing inconsiderate with unvaccinated children(s) begin??

Some entity needs to decide. Seems like a great place to err on the side of caution...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

(05-18-2015, 09:39 PM)JSR18 Wrote: I get the whole government intrusion thing.

My question is: Where does my (and my children/ family) right to not catch disease(s) that have been virtually eradicated by vaccines stop and some junk science believing inconsiderate with unvaccinated children(s) begin??

Some entity needs to decide. Seems like a great place to err on the side of caution...

That entity deciding should be the parents. Gov schools can keep kids from attending.... That's reasonable... But I do think vaccines are good but each parent should get to decide.
(05-19-2015, 10:08 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That entity deciding should be the parents.   Gov schools can keep kids from attending.... That's reasonable... But I do think vaccines are good but each parent should get to decide.

And when my kid runs into yours with a lovely mutated virus at the park?

Get the damn vaccinations. Period.

If it takes a law to make parents take care of their kids so be it. We're better as a society.

Want to not wear a helmet while riding your motorcycle? Feel free. When you're splattered on the road it affects you.

this is different.
(05-19-2015, 10:33 AM)GMDino Wrote: And when my kid runs into yours with a lovely mutated virus at the park?  

Get the damn vaccinations.  Period.

If it takes a law to make parents take care of their kids so be it.  We're better as a society.

Want to not wear a helmet while riding your motorcycle?  Feel free.  When you're splattered on the road it affects you.

this is different.

So your not gonna let any child travel anywhere? Illegals are constantly around and they aren't vaccinated...
(05-19-2015, 10:53 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So your not gonna let any child travel anywhere?  Illegals are constantly around and they aren't vaccinated...

As a father I think I can safely say the world would be a much saner and safer place without children. Boring, but safe and quiet.
(05-19-2015, 10:53 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So your not gonna let any child travel anywhere?  Illegals are constantly around and they aren't vaccinated...

No...I want you to keep your kid with no vaccinations at home.
(05-19-2015, 11:20 AM)Benton Wrote: As a father I think I can safely say the world would be a much saner and safer place without children. Boring, but safe and quiet.

Let me reinforce.....quiet.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Nah...Just the ones who's parents are stupid enough not to vaccinate them. If they do not want to participate in the safety of the society they should not be permitted to participate in the fun of society.

Further more, using undocumented aliens as a rallying call to allowing documented non vaccers is ridiculous. It is basically saying we should ignore those that we know are actively choosing to place our population in danger because there are those that we don't know that are doing it. Pretty stupid if you ask me.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(05-19-2015, 11:23 AM)GMDino Wrote: No...I want you to keep your kid with no vaccinations at home.

Well I said schools can keep kids out for not vaccinating. And as parents we should know the parents of our kids friends. So there isn't an issue there....

No one needs forced to inject anything into their kids .... But if you choose not to then it's reasonable to expect life be a pain for you as far as school, child care, etc.
(05-19-2015, 11:29 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Let me reinforce.....quiet.

Imagine McDonald's without kids. Or old people. No yelling, arguing, crying, pouting, complaining. Just walk up, "Number 2, no mustard, with a Coke," hand them money, say thanks and walk away.

Ah.
(05-19-2015, 12:27 PM)Benton Wrote: Imagine McDonald's without kids. Or old people. No yelling, arguing, crying, pouting, complaining. Just walk up, "Number 2, no mustard, with a Coke," hand them money, say thanks and walk away.

Ah.

This is quite do-able. First we need to remove our misguided perception that children should be raised by the parents. Once this thought is accepted we can then create whole communities where children, once born, are housed, raised, educated and overall cared for by those that want to do this as a job. The children are not able to step foot into the adult society until they have reached certain age/standards. Otherwise the rest of the adult population never encounters a child in society.

As for the old...Euthanasia....It's for the good of our time at McDonald's.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(05-19-2015, 01:26 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: This is quite do-able.  First we need to remove our misguided perception that children should be raised by the parents.  Once this thought is accepted we can then create whole communities where children, once born, are housed, raised, educated and overall cared for by those that want to do this as a job.  The children are not able to step foot into the adult society until they have reached certain age/standards.  Otherwise the rest of the adult population never encounters a child in society.

(05-19-2015, 01:26 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: This is quite do-able.  First we need to remove our misguided perception that children should be raised by the parents.  Once this thought is accepted we can then create whole communities where children, once born, are housed, raised, educated and overall cared for by those that want to do this as a job.  The children are not able to step foot into the adult society until they have reached certain age/standards.  Otherwise the rest of the adult population never encounters a child in society.

I used to know several people from southeast Asia. According to them, it's fairly common in some of their cultures to have kids and have them reared by the grandparents. One girl I knew had three kids, all back home. I was pretty surprised; I thought we were the only culture that had kids and dumped them off on our parents (at least, that seems to be the trend the last couple decades). She said it wasn't so much dumping off, it was just expected. You have kids, you go work to support the family (grandparents and kids included), then when you retire, you raise your grand kids.

Zieg Heil there Adolf. Ninja
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.