Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Callahan to Titans
(01-27-2024, 01:50 PM)Destro Wrote: Pick a "good" stat out of 86 different metrics and tout it 5 times a day.

Wins and losses, I prefer. 

Perfect Cincy 17-7 in Dec/Jan the last 3 years.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 01:56 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: How about only Bills and KC have better points per play in ‘21-‘22.

How about only the Bengals didn't make the playoffs in '23-'24 season? ( You know, this season! )
How about the Chiefs have been to the AFC Championship all these years, including this year?
How about we still don't have a Lombardi trophy?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 02:00 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Perfect Cincy 17-7 in Dec/Jan the last 3 years.

Which year did we win the SB?
How is the current year going?
How is Zac for the HC career, or do we stop checking before Burrow?
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 02:02 PM)Destro Wrote: Which year did we win the SB?

1. Zac tracking fine. Andy Reid nor Bill Belichick won a Super Bowl in their first 5 years.
2. The current year w/o your starting QB healthy but 5 games very damn good.
3. How is Zac for his head coaching career? He’s not been fired yet like SB winners Belichick,Reid, Carroll, and many others were.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Like I said earlier until Cincy wins a SB some manic depressed fans won’t give 2 ______ about any success.

Reply/Quote
delusional destro

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 02:10 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: 1. Zac tracking fine. Andy Reid nor Bill Belichick won  a Super Bowl in their first 5 years.
2. The current year w/o your starting QB healthy but 5 games very damn good.
3. How is Zac for his head coaching career? He’s not been fired yet like SB winners Belichick,Reid, Carroll, and many others were.

1. Tracks show he goes as Burrow/Chase go. And neither did Dave Shula. 
2. Subjective, but agree somewhat is good. not great.
3. Still below .500 when leading the team. Not fired yet, as Lombardi was, most coaches meet this fate. Plus, as long as Mike Brown is around, no one goes anywhere fast. Aside from the Browns, our division is like that. 
Reply/Quote
Notice it is the same camp that always calls names and uses negative terms for people who posts who don't agree with their opinions?
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 02:19 PM)Destro Wrote: 1. Tracks show he goes as Burrow/Chase go. And neither did Dave Shula. 
2. Subjective, but agree somewhat is good. not great.
3. Still below .500 when leading the team. Not fired yet, as Lombardi was, most coaches meet this fate. Plus, as long as Mike Brown is around, no one goes anywhere fast. Aside from the Browns, our division is like that. 

Boy doesn’t Bill Belichick’s record of 82-98 w/o Brady make that a nothing Burger. Or Jimmy Johnson 1-15 his first year without Troy. The list goes on and on.

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 02:26 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Boy doesn’t Bill Belichick’s record of 82-98 w/o Brady make that a nothing Burger. Or Jimmy Johnson 1-15 his first year without Troy. The list goes on and on.

You use that a lot, as if that clears any lack of ability. By that measure, how do bad coaches do without Brady or Aikman? Sure that list is longer. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 02:01 PM)Destro Wrote: How about only the Bengals didn't make the playoffs in '23-'24 season? ( You know, this season! )
How about the Chiefs have been to the AFC Championship all these years, including this year?
How about we still don't have a Lombardi trophy?

So you're "open-minded" retort is:

"Zac sucks because we're not the most dominant teams in the NFL, only among them"

Seems rational enough
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 02:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you're "open-minded" retort is:

"Zac sucks because we're not the most dominant teams in the NFL, only among them"

Seems rational enough

Don't use quote marks unless you are quoting me, to try to make some point.
Reply/Quote

Who should Fans blame for the Bengals ultimately losing the Rams Super Bowl after the last Offensive play when 

the Bengals were driving towards a possible Win and Aaron Donald ended the game for a Rams 23 to 20 Win ?

1. Blame Zac
2. Blame the Front Office for having a Poor O-line
3. Blame the Bengals Defense for giving up an earlier 4th quarter TD to Cooper Kupp
4. Blame the Refs for some questionable calls earlier in the game
5. Blame Burrow for not reacting faster or for not audibling or adjusting specifically to counter Donald.
6. Any other Blame options one can think of 
7. Realize that the Organization was Right There a whisker away from Winning a Super Bowl and that if they could get
    that close once they may be able to get that close again and Win especially if they learn from it and improve the O-line etc.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 02:43 PM)Destro Wrote: Don't use quote marks unless you are quoting me, to try to make some point.

Nah, it was summarizing what you've said over the last couple pages.

All you gotta say is "No, that's not what I'm saying"

Cause summarizing what you've gone on about the last couple pages is:

It doesn't matter that we've been among the elite the last 3ish years because we haven't hoisted the Lombardi

All credit goes to Joe and not Zac because Zac had a losing record when he was turning around the franchise. 

I wonder how many "Destros" on the Lions board still bytching about Dan Campbell's record in his first couple years?

We get it:  You made your bed in the "Fire Zac" realm and the cognitive dissonance within would let you change

I hated the Ja'Mar Chase pick, it didn't like he quit on his college teammates, but he has proven to be both a great player and teammate. I have 0 issue admitting I was incorrect in my early analysis. Of course, I can lean on how "right" I was about Micsh Parsons in the same draft.

My advice. Let the Zac hate go and try to find something you're "right" about and run with that

Reply/Quote
Suggest you just stop quoting me.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 03:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, it was summarizing what you've said over the last couple pages.

All you gotta say is "No, that's not what I'm saying"

Cause summarizing what you've gone on about the last couple pages is:

It doesn't matter that we've been among the elite the last 3ish years because we haven't hoisted the Lombardi

All credit goes to Joe and not Zac because Zac had a losing record when he was turning around the franchise. 

I wonder how many "Destros" on the Lions board still bytching about Dan Campbell's record in his first couple years?

We get it:  You made your bed in the "Fire Zac" realm and the cognitive dissonance within would let you change

I hated the Ja'Mar Chase pick, it didn't like he quit on his college teammates, but he has proven to be both a great player and teammate. I have 0 issue admitting I was incorrect in my early analysis. Of course, I can lean on how "right" I was about Micsh Parsons in the same draft.

My advice. Let the Zac hate go and try to find something you're "right" about and run with that

You know if he wants to diminish the progress and success of Zac & organization that’s fine but at least come up with some valid reasons.

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 01:16 PM)Destro Wrote: "Backups" was the Browns game. Got to read what was wrote. And this team has been built in the image over these years. Groups been weak or got weak. Burrow and Chase Came as Champions. Steelers got it with their #3. Browns won with back-ups including the reanimated corpse of Joe Flacco. 

It doesn’t change what I said.

Steelers and Browns have something Cincy sorely lacked this year. Defense. We were just about last in every single major statistic outside of takeaways.

Now you can say that falls on Zac the head coach, but offense is what kept this team afloat this year.

Like I said, this year was a more impressive coaching year than probably the past 4 years.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 03:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder how many "Destros" on the Lions board still bytching about Dan Campbell's record in his first couple years?

LOL   Hilarious

Nice line bfine.

But remember that you should not have put Quotation marks around Destros name.   Popcorn
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 03:30 PM)Destro Wrote: Suggest you just stop quoting me.

Done. Good luck, although you most likely meant "misquoting",

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 03:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Done. Good luck, although you most likely meant "misquoting",

Everybody knows I’m probably #1 pro Zac on this board but I admit the slow starts are on him as well as the run game. Fix the damn thing. It’s gone too long. Trick plays? The Tanner Hudson pass was infinitely stupid.

Reply/Quote