Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Can We Win Out???
Six games remaining- 4 at Home and 2 on the Road.

Let's face it, championship teams should win at home down the stretch. I know KC and Buffalo are tough but they come to our building. Our road games looked pretty formidable at the beginning of the season; now, not so much. The Bucs and Pats are pretty damn pedestrian. Those are games we SHOULD have a real shot to win. Win the remaining home games and beat two mediocre teams on the road and you finish 13-4. One slip up by the Chiefs (in addition to next week) and you get the #1 seed as well.

I know it's not likely, and I doubt it happens, but it is well within the realm of possibility for a team that has championship aspirations.

From your perspective, what are the odds that we win out in the regular season???
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 09:36 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Six games remaining- 4 at Home and 2 on the Road.  

Let's face it, championship teams should win at home down the stretch. I know KC and Buffalo are tough but they come to our building. Our road games looked pretty formidable at the beginning of the season; now, not so much.  The Bucs and Pats are pretty damn pedestrian. Those are games we SHOULD have a real shot to win.  Win the remaining home games and beat two mediocre teams on the road and you finish 13-4. One slip up by the Chiefs (in addition to next week) and you get the #1 seed as well.

I know it's not likely, and I doubt it happens,  but it is well within the realm of possibility for a team that has championship aspirations.

From your perspective,  what are the odds that we win out in the regular season???

It is a big ask. Sure, we are capable of winning each of the games remaining, but all 6 is a longshot. 

Home to Chiefs. KC will want revenge. Big game. 

Home to Browns. They clobbered us last time, will have Watson. Burrow my winless vs Cleveland. 

Away to Bucs. The end is near for Brady. Still dangerous, though. 

Away to Pats. Could be nasty weather. 

Home to Bills. If Allen is still knicked up, we have a real shot. If he's full go, gonna be tough. 

Home to Ravens. Hopefully the division (and a #2/#3 seed) are still in reach. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 09:36 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Six games remaining- 4 at Home and 2 on the Road.  

Let's face it, championship teams should win at home down the stretch. I know KC and Buffalo are tough but they come to our building. Our road games looked pretty formidable at the beginning of the season; now, not so much.  The Bucs and Pats are pretty damn pedestrian. Those are games we SHOULD have a real shot to win.  Win the remaining home games and beat two mediocre teams on the road and you finish 13-4. One slip up by the Chiefs (in addition to next week) and you get the #1 seed as well.

I know it's not likely, and I doubt it happens,  but it is well within the realm of possibility for a team that has championship aspirations.

From your perspective,  what are the odds that we win out in the regular season???

That depends on their health, obviously for all positions, but the loss of Awuzie has stretched the DBs and they've played pretty good so far . . . I'm just kind of terrified of this weekend. Not for what they might do Sunday, it's for what Andy Reid notices in the game film and has in his back pocket for January.

Can they run the table? If Joe Burrow stays healthy . . . yes, they will always have a chance. Outside of KCs explosive offense, Myles Garrett vs Jonah Williams might be the biggest road block in their way to winning out.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
0.00 C'mon, get real. I know you know better than to think they can finish 6-0. The Browns own them so far and you've heard of the Bills, Chiefs, Ravens? If they split at 3-3 possibly 4-2 I would say that either would be a success.
Reply/Quote
We did it last season when we needed to do so to get in the post season.

Do it again and we are division champs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Is it possible? Of course and every Bengals fan wants it to happen. That said, no need to be looking beyond next week and enjoy today’s win!
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 09:52 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: 0.00   C'mon, get real. I know you know better than to think they can finish 6-0. The Browns own them so far and you've heard of the Bills, Chiefs, Ravens? If they split at 3-3 possibly 4-2 I would say that either would be a success.

Come on RegularGuy. Just, come on man...

The only team's that scare me the rest of the way are the Browns because they have beat us lately with everything going 
right for them and everything going wrong for us and the Bills because we simply haven't played them yet. We should beat
the Chiefs this weekend as we have Mahomes number and the Ravens because we are just the better team.

Our OL is coming around at the perfect time and Chase will be back soon. Look out NFL, we could certainly win out.
Reply/Quote
Can we? Yes.

Will we? Likely no.

Even if we finish 4-2 that's pretty good.
Reply/Quote
The board is a funny place. When we lose, it's like we'll never win again.

When we win, it's like we'll go undefeated.

Football is all about matchups. We matchup we'll with Tenn.

The Browns for instance beat us bad...and have Watson returning.
Reply/Quote
You guys always do this. After a win everybody gets all gushy and thinks we will stomp anyone. 3-3 or 4-2 will be a success and wherever that puts them as far as a playoff spot so be it. KC looks like they are playing angry football now.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 10:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Can we? Yes.

Will we? Likely no.

Even if we finish 4-2 that's pretty good.

Yup.

And if we do it, look out NFL.  Run the table through Murderer's Row and you become the favorite to take home the hardware.
Reply/Quote
Nope, but no one else will, either. Playoffs just got a lot more likely.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
While 3-3 or 4-2 is more likely than 6-0 , winning out probably wouldn't shock anyone.

4-2 would be a cautiously optimistic projection but I am hoping the Universe blesses us with with at least five W's down the stretch. That would be very nice.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
The odds are low that we go undefeated. But if Chase comes back healthy and stays that way then I'd say it's not impossible. The running game keeps being effective and keep spreading the ball around.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 10:09 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: You guys always do this. After a win everybody gets all gushy and thinks we will stomp anyone. 3-3 or 4-2 will be a success and wherever that puts them as far as a playoff spot so be it. KC looks like they are playing angry football now.

And we don't... Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 10:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The board is a funny place. When we lose, it's like we'll never win again.

When we win, it's like we'll go undefeated.

Football is all about matchups. We matchup we'll with Tenn.

The Browns for instance beat us bad...and have Watson returning.

The Brown Beeches aren't winning in Cincinnati. Neither are the Ravens. If we lose at home it will be to the Chiefs or Bills.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 10:09 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: You guys always do this. After a win everybody gets all gushy and thinks we will stomp anyone. 3-3 or 4-2 will be a success and wherever that puts them as far as a playoff spot so be it. KC looks like they are playing angry football now.

At least when we lose, most are level-headed about our prospects moving forward. 

But what I've seen so far in this thread is a few trolls saying 0.00% and others saying fans are unrealistic. As to the predictions it seems most acknowledge it will be a tough ask, but we can go 4-2 if everything goes well. I personally see 5-1. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 10:13 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: The odds are low that we go undefeated. But if Chase comes back healthy and stays that way then I'd say it's not impossible. The running game keeps being effective and keep spreading the ball around.

I'd put it at  5 - 8 %   chance of winning out.   So, I'm saying there's a chance...
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 10:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: At least when we lose, most are level-headed about our prospects moving forward. 

But what I've seen so far in this thread is a few trolls saying 0.00% and others saying fans are unrealistic. As to the predictions it seems most acknowledge it will be a tough ask, but we can go 4-2 if everything goes well. I personally see 5-1. 

5-1 would be dreamy.

I'd rock and roll to that ...
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 10:13 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: The odds are low that we go undefeated. But if Chase comes back healthy and stays that way then I'd say it's not impossible. The running game keeps being effective and keep spreading the ball around.

The problem for Chase will be the torn labrum. The fracture should be healed but the tear will not heal itself according to the doctor comments I’ve seen.  He will be playing through pain. How much and how well we will hopefully see next week.  We should also have Mixon back and keep Perine going as well. Right now future looks bright.
Reply/Quote