Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Can we cut #70 already. He is so worthlees
(09-10-2017, 05:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Where all the Cedric Ogbuehi apologists?

Heading over to PA's house for a nice evening of piano playing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Where all the Cedric Ogbuehi apologists?

I'll be the apologist. Dude gave up 2 sacks while being left on a island against T. Sizzle. Could an All-Pro LT handle that responsibility? Sure. Can a kid starting his second game at LT? apparently not. There are going to be some growing pains with Ced and he may never get it, but I'm not quite ready to write him off yet. My hope is that Thursday we move a TE or RB over there to see if it helps. 

Of course I wouldn't be opposed to seeing what Andre 350 could do over there. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Tackle is not his natural position. All we have to do is switch him to guard and he'll be in the pro-bowl.  Ninja

Oh stop it.  Hilarious

(09-10-2017, 05:51 PM)blt4584 Wrote: It's what happens when people get caught up in how good of an athlete a guy is. He couldn't even stick at LT in college, but that didn't matter to the FO. Dude just can't play football.

Coaches usually have big ego's but their will to win almost always trumps ego. Why? Because you have to win to keep your job.

Except here in Cincy. Paul A feels no such pressure and that's why his ego wins out.

[Image: mpm0X_s-200x150.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 06:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll be the apologist. Dude gave up 2 sacks while being left on a island against T. Sizzle. Could an All-Pro LT handle that responsibility? Sure. Can a kid starting his second game at LT? apparently not. There are going to be some growing pains with Ced and he may never get it, but I'm not quite ready to write him off yet. My hope is that Thursday we move a TE or RB over there to see if it helps. 

I was waiting for somone that still has hope n there it is.  He "only" gave up 2 sacks.   Im sure it was more then that , n not including the pressures.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 06:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll be the apologist. Dude gave up 2 sacks while being left on a island against T. Sizzle. Could an All-Pro LT handle that responsibility? Sure. Can a kid starting his second game at LT? apparently not. There are going to be some growing pains with Ced and he may never get it, but I'm not quite ready to write him off yet. My hope is that Thursday we move a TE or RB over there to see if it helps. 

Cedric has had 2+ years to improve himself and learn his job.  Maybe you have a point, and it's not his fault.  Maybe it's his teacher/coach?

As for Andre 350?  Pshaw, he seemed to struggle with faster, athletic guys on the Right side, even when he was at the top of his game.  Now?  I seriously doubt that he has the foot quicks to keep his body in front of premier pass rushers.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 06:07 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I was waiting for somone that still has hope n there it is.  

I realize it is not a popular point of view around here. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Suggs was held sackless in 60% of his games last year. He had a pair of 2 sack games, with 1 of those coming against the Bengals. So it's not like 2 sacks is acceptable, even against him.

Suggs is 35 years old. He's still good, but he's not the player he was 5-10 years ago. Ogbuehi just helped him turn back the clock today.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 08:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He's not going to get any better sitting on the bench.

Our QB isn't going to look any better if Ced is on the field.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We need to dump #70 before he ruins our season again. For real.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 06:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Suggs was held sackless in 60% of his games last year. He had a pair of 2 sack games, with 1 of those coming against the Bengals. So it's not like 2 sacks is acceptable, even against him.

Suggs is 35 years old. He's still good, but he's not the player he was 5-10 years ago. Ogbuehi just helped him turn back the clock today.

And so did Fisher, mostly
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Heading over to PA's house for a nice evening of piano playing.

and grab ass session...
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 10:18 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm unhappy with the guy, but in no way think he should be cut.  If he continues to be a liability, I'm not opposed to benching him and hoping he can benefit from another semi-redshirt year.  Maybe he could add some bulk to his frame in the offseason.  Even a position switch would be better than flushing a first round pick down the toilet.  If the light doesn't go on for either Ogbuehi or Fisher, then that 2015 draft is going to look like a steaming pile of feces.
Wanna bet that PA was behind the drafting of these two? Cry
Reply/Quote
I still can't believe the Bengals thought Ced replacing Whit was a good idea. Everyone forgets but even pauli benched his ass last year.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 07:58 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And so did Fisher, mostly

Yes, let's not forget about the other "masterpiece" selected in that glorious '15 draft.  "Oh, the Bengals are set for the future, they have drafted the bookends for the next 10 years", they said...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I wish people would stop saying what great offensive line coach Alexander is. He has been there over twenty years and has not yet produced a HOF lineman. The price is cheep so stupid Brown keeps him around, but lets Zimmer go to the Vikings. I will never understand how Lewis was not fired and Zimmer made head coach. I would take a MLB coach to coach this team before Lewis. Numbers don't lie and Lewis has shown he cant win a big game
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: News Flash: the guy played like an epic bust last season and nothing has changed.

People tried to force optimism on the guy (with no evidence or reason) all offseason and now it's pretty clear that he is what he is.

Can't blame injury or lack of offseason now. So now what?

The people who tried to use the optimism card throughout the offseason and preseason like "oh it's just preseason" or "wait and see" sure do look foolish through Game 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Ced's struggles go all the way back to A&M. This isn't exactly new territory for him.

He was insanely over-hyped in college, despite glaring issues and underwhelming performances.

For Andy's sake, and the team's sake...I sure as hell hope he starts improving rapidly, but his history doesn't suggest it.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 09:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Ced's struggles go all the way back to A&M. This isn't exactly new territory for him.

He was insanely over-hyped in college, despite glaring issues and underwhelming performances.

For Andy's sake, and the team's sake...I sure as hell hope he start improving rapidly, but his history doesn't suggest it.

Being the successor to two first round LT's at your school and having the "prototype" size/build has it's advantages. 
Reply/Quote
He looks like he's playing scared.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 06:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Suggs was held sackless in 60% of his games last year. He had a pair of 2 sack games, with 1 of those coming against the Bengals. So it's not like 2 sacks is acceptable, even against him.

Ced make him look like a damn Pro-Bowler today...and now Suggs probably thinks he is a top player again.

Until next week, when a team with a good LT shuts his over the hill ass down.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote