Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Candidates for 2020 elections.
Just curious to what every ones thoughts on who you think the Dems should nominate to challenge Trump? Also for you independents and Moderate Reps would you like to see the Republicans put up a conservative challenger as well? While I don't think that will happen, I heard some rumors that some Reps are considering it.
#MaxineWaters2020

But for real I think it will come from NY: The Gov, The Senator, or The Mayor.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-28-2018, 12:57 AM)bfine32 Wrote: #MaxineWaters2020

But for real I think it will come from NY: The Gov, The Senator, or The Mayor.

LOL...Maxine would be a dream come true for Trump and the GOP!
No.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-28-2018, 01:02 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: LOL...Maxine would be a dream come true for Trump and the GOP!

Possibly, but I also recall democrats saying the 2016 election would be a slam dunk if someone as clearly as insane and full of crap as Trump got the nomination. 
I don't know? Are there any front runners?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-28-2018, 07:11 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: No.

No to what?  I was honestly really hoping for a response from you since you seem to be a bit of a policy wonk, color me disappointed. I'm really wanting to get a conversation going on who could be our replacement for Trump?  There is going to be election in 2020.
(06-28-2018, 01:08 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: No to what?  I was honestly really hoping for a response from you since you seem to be a bit of a policy wonk, color me disappointed. I'm really wanting to get a conversation going on who could be our replacement for Trump?  There is going to be election in 2020.

Dude he doesn't hand out his opinions for free.  Or maybe he was responding to post #3.  LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-28-2018, 01:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Dud he doesn't hand out his opinions for free.  Or maybe he was responding to post #3.  LOL

This is why I don't start many threads  Sad
(06-28-2018, 01:08 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: No to what?  I was honestly really hoping for a response from you since you seem to be a bit of a policy wonk, color me disappointed. I'm really wanting to get a conversation going on who could be our replacement for Trump?  There is going to be election in 2020.

(06-28-2018, 01:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Dud he doesn't hand out his opinions for free.  Or maybe he was responding to post #3.  LOL

(06-28-2018, 01:55 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: This is why I don't start many threads  Sad

I was trying to be a bit funnier about that than it probably came across. I just don't talk 2020 right now. One election at a time, and being in a state where every year is an election year that means it will be a while before I really start considering this question. This is also partially because I don't have a good answer.

Who I would want to see in office is not necessarily who I would subject to the shit show that will be the 2020 presidential election. Which is sad to say, but it would ruin a really good civil servant.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-28-2018, 02:19 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I was trying to be a bit funnier about that than it probably came across. I just don't talk 2020 right now. One election at a time, and being in a state where every year is an election year that means it will be a while before I really start considering this question. This is also partially because I don't have a good answer.

Who I would want to see in office is not necessarily who I would subject to the shit show that will be the 2020 presidential election. Which is sad to say, but it would ruin a really good civil servant.

It actually is funny how you meant it now that you say it.  But I'm afraid it's too late to save Richmond.  That cut went pretty deep.  

Hopefully a veteran who has actually served.

No super rich draft dodgers.

Hopefully some names i have not heard floated before.

If i cant get a veteran. Maybe a scientist with something other than bankruptcy and reality tv experience.
What's Carlos Danger doing these days?

- I think they choose a woman though. Seems like the democrat thing to do. Since not mentioning names makes the OP mad, I'd say Warren or the one from New York whose name I forgot.
If they should do that, I don't know.
(06-28-2018, 02:27 PM)hollodero Wrote: What's Carlos Danger doing these days?

- I think they choose a woman though. Seems like the democrat thing to do. Since not mentioning names makes the OP mad, I'd say Warren or the one from New York whose name I forgot.

Not Warren.  Tammy Duckworth* if we go that direction.

*Tammy Duckworth is not my top choice for POTUS, but I feel like she would be a good candidate to run.

(06-28-2018, 02:27 PM)hollodero Wrote: What's Carlos Danger doing these days?

They haven't had a female vp candidate since Ferraro in 1984 so I wouldn't be surprised if they played it safe and went with a white guy in 2020. 
How about a non-Ivy League candidate. I think the last non-Ivy League President was Reagan.

(06-28-2018, 02:32 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not Warren.  Tammy Duckworth* if we go that direction.

*Tammy Duckworth is not my top choice for POTUS, but I feel like she would be a good candidate to run.

I suggested her awhile back too, albeit a bit facetiously, so she could have another child while POTUS.

Plus she would be a candidate.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-28-2018, 02:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How about a non-Ivy League candidate. I think the last non-Ivy League President was Reagan.

Duckworth's your gal, then.

(06-28-2018, 02:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: I suggested her awhile back too, albeit a bit facetiously, so she could have another child while POTUS.

Plus she would be a candidate.

Did you mean a good candidate? LOL

(06-28-2018, 02:50 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Duckworth's your gal, then.

Yeah not having a President Duckworth.  

(06-28-2018, 02:50 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Duckworth's your gal, then.

Yes...and yes.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.