Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Carman at LT
Considering he's played 4 or 5 snaps all season, and those were at RG, I thought he did ok. Sure, he struggled a little bit, but he's going against the Ravens D line coming off the bench. He may be better at LT, where he played at Clemson for Sunshine, than he is at guard. Outside of one poster who is acting like he caught him in bed with his old lady, I hope people root this kid to succeed. Face it, there is no one else, (those calling for Whit are just ignorant) so constant bashing of him serves no purpose.I highly doubt we see Jonah again this season. I focused on Carman, amd the one thing he needs to be careful of is he is flirting with moving early on almost every play. I would attribute that to nerves last night. Imagine the pressure he was feeling last night at Paycor...
Reply/Quote
I'm also rooting for Carman and agree that calling for Whit is silly. He's not in game shape at all. If it were the second or the third week of the season, sure you kick the tires on Whit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I want the guy to succeed obviously, but man our path forward is really hard to envision. Outside of an upgrade at Center (Karras), it feels like we are right back to where we were last season with this offensive line.

Just gotta hope that this week's practice reps with 1st team are enough to make him serviceable for a full 60-minute game. Not much else to do.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:27 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I want the guy to succeed obviously, but man our path forward is really hard to envision.  Outside of an upgrade at Center (Karras), it feels like we are right back to where we were last season.  

Just gotta hope that this week's practice reps with 1st team are enough to make him serviceable for a full 60-minute game.  Not much else to do.

Last week everyone said we were dead because of . Adeniji. He played decent last night. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Last week everyone said we were dead because of . Adeniji. He played decent last night. 

How did Scharping grade out?  From what I saw, he struggled a bit.

I dunno.  My more immediate concern is that our run game is now virtually non-existent, so defenses will know to key in on Burrow.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
He got beat once other than that he played a clean game and looked good run blocking.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:30 AM)Big Boss Wrote: How did Scharping grade out?  From what I saw, he struggled a bit.

I dunno.  My more immediate concern is that our run game is now virtually non-existent, so defenses will know to key in on Burrow.  

Running on the Ravens is tough. Mixon had some nice ones though
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Running on the Ravens is tough. Mixon had some nice ones though

Both drives they each ran well for 2-3 plays (1st drive of the game and the score in the 3rd quarter) they scored points. Just shows you this offense does not need to run the ball for 125-150 yards to be successful but they do need to freeze the LB's at times to gain success. Going to need to use the short pass as a run next week on early downs, though.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:30 AM)Big Boss Wrote: How did Scharping grade out?  From what I saw, he struggled a bit.

He looked lost out there. 
Reply/Quote
Either that or we move Adeniji to LT and put Prince in at RT. Not sure what else to do. If we were going to call Spain or someone we needed to do it probably when LC went down. He needed the time to get into game shape and practice and such.
Reply/Quote
I'll never actively root for any Bengals player to fail in any manner at least in games.. Those who do should just hand in their fan card..
I root for every one of them from the best to the least likely to win their individual battles to have the best game of their lives in every game..  ThumbsUp
Rooting for your own team players to fail? That's rooting for the other team..No other way to look at it. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I think Carmen looked more natural at LT. He did get beat once or twice but Jonah has been the same if not worse all year. I think his run blocking is better than Jonah though. I am not that worried about the tackles because Adenji seems better in pass block than Collins just not run blocking and Carmen and Jonah seem about the same pass blocking and Carmen better run blocking.
Let the angry mob begin with what I see with them.
Reply/Quote
Coming in cold after having sat on the bench all season in a playoff game against Baltimore's defense is no easy task. I expected far worse from Carmen. Pretty sure Buffalo will be gunning for him come Sunday. Didn't really hear Adeniji's name called during the game so that's good news. They're still in much better shape than last year's Oline by a huge margin if for no other reason than Karras and even Volson.. It's no guarantee because the other side also wants to win and they too get paid for the same reasons our players do.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I thought Carman looked better at LT than Sharping did at RG,
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
He wasn’t good, butt, Jonah was getting beat like a drum too before he went out. I just don’t really know what else they can do at this point. Injuries suck and all, but you have to keep moving.
Reply/Quote
I think that Carman realizes it’s sink or swim time. He’s had a real world awakening. He’s lost weight and looked darn good under the circumstances. Just a hunch he surprises us.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Carman definitely did ok, considering the very low expectations everyone has of him. Came in a held up by and large.

Definitely concerned about our OL moving forward though. I think the current group is a little less of a disaster than last year's line, but I feel a lot less good about the OL than I did say a month ago.

I'm more just hoping last year's playoff experience has the team more ready to adapt on the fly if it comes to it. Burrow was getting the ball out very quickly yesterday, probably the way forward if the line doesn't hold up.
Reply/Quote
I'll be curious to see the breakdowns on Carman. I'm sure there will be some in the next couple of days. I thought he played okay from what I could tell I just hope we aren't changing our offense too much for fear the line will struggle.
I also don't think Whitworth is as crazy as people think. Maybe he couldn't play against Buffalo but getting him in the building would right a mistake and give him a chance to retire a Bengal at the very least.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote:  He may be better at LT, where he played at Clemson for Sunshine, than he is at guard.   

To me, he looks more natural there.  Like you said, he was a LT in college.  
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:44 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I think Carmen looked more natural at LT. He did get beat once or twice but Jonah has been the same if not worse all year. I think his run blocking is better than Jonah though. I am not that worried about the tackles because Adenji seems better in pass block than Collins just not run blocking and Carmen and Jonah seem about the same pass blocking and Carmen better run blocking.
Let the angry mob begin with what I see with them.

CARMAN. 

CAR-MAN. 

Carman. 
Reply/Quote