Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson Picks His Horse
Say what you will about Palmer, I'm glad he took this spot with Eisen. He doesn't mince words.

Carson Palmer on the Rich Eisen Show, April 22
Reply/Quote
What does it mean to "get the lung beat out of you"?

That is the first time I've ever heard that phrase.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 12:49 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: What does it mean to "get the lung beat out of you"?

That is the first time I've ever heard that phrase.

Drew Brees could probably answer that...

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 12:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Drew Brees could probably answer that...

[Image: tenor.gif]

Well played Sir.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 12:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Drew Brees could probably answer that...

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5359084]

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Add another Bengals great to the list.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I love when he said "Willie Anderson was one of the best right tackles in the game......... no one knows that because he played for the Bengals......"

Hilarious

Funny because it's so true.

I agree with him 100% that protecting Burrow should be job #1 because he can take us to the next level but I'm just not sure if picking a tackle that hasn't played in so long in the first round is the answer.
Reply/Quote
Would Carson advise him to hold out for a trade as well? The guy spent this time last year bad mouthing the Bengals and basically saying Joe Burrow shouldn't come to Cincinnati. I don't care what he thinks.

He's not wrong though...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 02:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I love when he said "Willie Anderson was one of the best right tackles in the game.........  no one knows that because he played for the Bengals......"

Hilarious

Funny because it's so true.

I agree with him 100% that protecting Burrow should be job #1 because he can take us to the next level but I'm just not sure if picking a tackle that hasn't played in so long in the first round is the answer.

I think by signing Reiff to a 1 year deal, it opens up that door. Reiff is 33 and Sewell needs some experience. They would make a good rotation, and not too mention Sewell could be groomed in at G and give us depth while he develops into what most people consider a future All Pro level OT. Sewell is very young and sat out a year, and that is a concern, but the dude is just absolutely beastly and dominated when he played. He's a mauler. The kind of guy who fits in the AFCN. 
Reply/Quote
Couldn't agree more with Palmer.
Reply/Quote
I think as Carsom matures he realizes the mistake he made forcing his way out of Cincy. He'll come nowhere close to be revered with the Raiders and Cardinals, but he could have been one of the all time greats here.

The year he demanded a trade we took AJ Green in RD 1 and got Clint Boling in the 4th.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Man F Palm... er... man F this Front Office!

[Image: xMknYEz.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The same Carson Palmer that wanted the Bears to "come get him" even after he had an agreement in place with the Bengals?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 03:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think as Carsom matures he realizes the mistake he made forcing his way out of Cincy. He'll come nowhere close to be revered with the Raiders and Cardinals, but he could have been one of the all time greats here.

The year he demanded a trade we took AJ Green in RD 1 and got Clint Boling in the 4th.

No.  He knows he was right in leaving with the way Mike Brown wouldn't pay to keep Kitna as a backup like Palmer wanted, wouldn't be aggressive I'm free agency to improve the team, and I'm sure there's other things that we don't know about.

We had a guy that could have taken us to the Promised Land if we just gave him the tools to do so and we wouldn't even give him the basics.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 02:55 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I think by signing Reiff to a 1 year deal, it opens up that door. Reiff is 33 and Sewell needs some experience. They would make a good rotation, and not too mention Sewell could be groomed in at G and give us depth while he develops into what most people consider a future All Pro level OT. Sewell is very young and sat out a year, and that is a concern, but the dude is just absolutely beastly and dominated when he played. He's a mauler. The kind of guy who fits in the AFCN. 

Sold me on the pick!

I still think we could go a different direction and I'm about to make a mock that doesn't pick Sewell (because my first one did), but I think you're 100% right.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 12:18 AM)tms Wrote: Say what you will about Palmer, I'm glad he took this spot with Eisen. He doesn't mince words.

Carson Palmer on the Rich Eisen Show, April 22

Cannot disagree...

The Chase talk could be smoke and mirrors for all we know. 

Just sure sounds like Chase will be the pick cause of the depth of the OL class.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 03:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cannot disagree...

The Chase talk could be smoke and mirrors for all we know. 

Just sure sounds like Chase will be the pick cause of the depth of the OL class.

I wish we knew more about why Palmer left. So few of his teammates (if any) have taken exception to his departure, which leads me to think that it was widely understood. Unfortunately his name has been dragged through the mud for over 10 years because we assume the worst. It's the easiest thing to do.

Personally, I don't think Chase is a smokescreen. Imo it's a done deal and has been for a while, and what we see now is just a PR campaign to give him a soft landing. There's too much smoke to ignore, and I just don't think we'd have the capacity (much less the propensity) to coordinate something like that anyway.

My biggest problem with Chase is that it'll follow him, Burrow and this team around forever. See how Eisen's already talking about it- a pick they haven't even made. We're just stacking the deck against yourselves, as if our odds weren't bad enough to begin with. The media will love framing it as a bad pick to perpetuate the Bungles' narrative. In fact, that's the easiest thing for them to do.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 04:22 PM)tms Wrote: I wish we knew more about why Palmer left. So few of his teammates (if any) have taken exception to his departure, which leads me to think that it was widely understood. Unfortunately his name has been dragged through the mud for over 10 years because we assume the worst. It's the easiest thing to do.

Personally, I don't think Chase is a smokescreen. Imo it's a done deal and has been for a while, and what we see now is just a PR campaign to give him a soft landing. There's too much smoke to ignore, and I just don't think we'd have the capacity (much less the propensity) to coordinate something like that anyway.

My biggest problem with Chase is that it'll follow him, Burrow and this team around forever. See how Eisen's already talking about it- a pick they haven't even made. We're just stacking the deck against yourselves, as if our odds weren't bad enough to begin with. The media will love framing it as a bad pick to perpetuate the Bungles' narrative. In fact, that's the easiest thing for them to do.

Carson left in a bad way, cannot defend him or blame him honestly with this FO.

With Chase, if it is a done deal I sure know that everyone will be crazy if we don't pick OL in the 2nd. Just heard we are talking
with Sewell so I don't know if it is a done deal that we take Chase. Also the Falcons could pick him in front of us or another team
could trade up in front of us and take Chase for all we know. Agree about the media, I wouldn't make it so easy on them.

I am back on the Sewell train LMAO! Also love Pitts. Smirk
Reply/Quote
I’m team Chase but won’t be upset with either one we pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 04:38 PM)tBengal Wrote: I’m team Chase but won’t be upset with either one we pick.

Way to be.
Reply/Quote