Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chargers @ Bengals predictions
Hello!  I'm a Chargers fan.  It's been quite a while seen I chimed in on an opposing team's board but, after reading some of these outrageous predictions with the Bengals winning by 38 point spreads I felt I had to..  I know there is a little revenge factor going on here and I understand that but, just in case you didn't know it the Chargers had the #1 offense in the entire NFL last week against a decent football team.  The Chargers did that after turning the ball over 3 times, twice in scoring position and the other was a pick six.  So, the Chargers should have had another 10 points on the board.  Sure, the Chargers could repeat that again this week but, I don't think so and probably not another pick six.

Listen, this is an important game for both teams.  They both want and badly need a win.  This is going to be a hard fought game and I think a close one at that.  Going back to 2012, the Chargers are 8-6 on the road in games with 1:00 starts.  So, I think this game is basically a toss up.  I think the Chargers have a little edge because, Rivers is a better quarterback than Dalton and will make more plays.  However, the Chargers have been inconsistent.  If the Chargers play like last week and don't turn the ball over more than once they have a good chance of pulling out a win.  Here's to a good game!
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 10:05 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, it really seemed to cripple them the last time they came here.

You're comparing regular season to playoffs. That's apples and oranges for this squad.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 03:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I predict it will be at least 60 minutes.

Bengals will have the ball for at least 60 minutes?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
me at a charger's bar here in San Diego getting dirty looks

not because I'm there, but because we win:

Bengals: 26
Chargers: 17

We miss another extra point. Green and Hill compete for game ball.
Reply/Quote
Benglas 34
Chargers 17
Not a close one.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 10:49 PM)Charge Wrote: Hello!  I'm a Chargers fan.  It's been quite a while seen I chimed in on an opposing team's board but, after reading some of these outrageous predictions with the Bengals winning by 38 point spreads I felt I had to..  I know there is a little revenge factor going on here and I understand that but, just in case you didn't know it the Chargers had the #1 offense in the entire NFL last week against a decent football team.  The Chargers did that after turning the ball over 3 times, twice in scoring position and the other was a pick six.  So, the Chargers should have had another 10 points on the board.  Sure, the Chargers could repeat that again this week but, I don't think so and probably not another pick six.

Listen, this is an important game for both teams.  They both want and badly need a win.  This is going to be a hard fought game and I think a close one at that.  Going back to 2012, the Chargers are 8-6 on the road in games with 1:00 starts.  So, I think this game is basically a toss up.  I think the Chargers have a little edge because, Rivers is a better quarterback than Dalton and will make more plays.  However, the Chargers have been inconsistent.  If the Chargers play like last week and don't turn the ball over more than once they have a good chance of pulling out a win.  Here's to a good game!
This board (or at least the old) is full of some of the blindest homerism on the face of the net.
It's gonna be a good game determined in the trenches and no one will get blown out! 28-27 Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 03:28 AM)Fresno B Wrote: This board (or at least the old) is full of some of the blindest homerism on the face of the net.
It's gonna be a good game determined in the trenches and no one will get blown out! 28-27 Bengals.

While that might be true, i peeped the Chargers forum and they are just as bad. They also dont know a thing about Hill but will learn this Sunday. Comparing our backs with detroit... There is no comparison, they even compared hill to blount which is not too far off but Hill is much more explosive with better vision.

Their secondary deserves respect but Detroit kind of abandoned the run, the run will set us up to have a better passing day. Our secondary will need to be on their game, we will get pressure but it will be a struggle to get to rivers before he releases the ball.

My prediction is 24 bengals 20 Chargers
Dalton will not have more than two hundred yards pass, he will throw one Td and probably his first int. jeremy hill will have his day to teach the chargers and their fans his name. Plus 140 yards with two TDs. Rivers will be up and down and they will not have more than 70 yards rushing.

My hopes is Eifert has another huge game and this opens a lot of eyes, our Aerial attack looks like a top one in the league and we dominate both sides of the ball, thats wishful thinking though.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 31
Chargers 27
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
lets get this home opener...

Bengals - 27
Chargers - 21 (late td)
Reply/Quote
Bengals 63
Chargers 3

Because they will let up in the 4th quarter!
Reply/Quote
Bengals 31

Phone chargers 21
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
I'm giving the edge to the Bengals simply because they won't bite for the misdirection so much in the running game this time around. No clue what the score will be, but it looks to be close.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 03:28 AM)Fresno B Wrote: This board (or at least the old) is full of some of the blindest homerism on the face of the net.

It's also full of people who think being objective means constantly predicting close games. Heck, half the board was talking up the Raiders defense last week and saying it'd be a "tough game". 

I respect the Chargers and I don't think it will be a blow out, but I don't think it's homerism to realize the Bengals are an overall more talented team playing at home. It's not a prime time or playoff game, either. For those reasons, I think the Bengals could win comfortably. Maybe not a blowout, but I think a prediction of 28-17 is reasonable.

Just because you don't always predict scores like 17-14 doesn't mean you're a homer.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 07:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's also full of people who think being objective means constantly predicting close games. Heck, half the board was talking up the Raiders defense last week and saying it'd be a "tough game". 

I respect the Chargers and I don't think it will be a blow out, but I don't think it's homerism to realize the Bengals are an overall more talented team playing at home. It's not a prime time or playoff game, either. For those reasons, I think the Bengals could win comfortably. Maybe not a blowout, but I think a prediction of 28-17 is reasonable.

Just because you don't always predict scores like 17-14 doesn't mean you're a homer.

With Andy playing very, very well and our CBs playing lights out, I'm not too worried about this team until they give me a reason to.

I think I was more nervous going into Oakland in week 1 than I am with SD coming here even though they're clearly a better team than the Raiders. I'm just more confident with the Bengals seeing them completely wreck someone out of the gates like they did.

I don't understand why people would think it's being a homer to predict the Bengals by multiple scores, but I also respect the predictions that are within just a few points too. That short passing game against our LBs could be dangerous. I'm very confident in our offense going into this one regardless of the Chargers' secondary being great.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 09:19 PM)djs7685 Wrote: With Andy playing very, very well and our CBs playing lights out, I'm not too worried about this team until they give me a reason to.

I think I was more nervous going into Oakland in week 1 than I am with SD coming here even though they're clearly a better team than the Raiders. I'm just more confident with the Bengals seeing them completely wreck someone out of the gates like they did.

I don't understand why people would think it's being a homer to predict the Bengals by multiple scores, but I also respect the predictions that are within just a few points too. That short passing game against our LBs could be dangerous. I'm very confident in our offense going into this one regardless of the Chargers' secondary being great.

Pretty much how I'm feeling right now. Btw, I also respect those who are saying it'll be a close game. There's a good possibility that it will be.
Reply/Quote
First off I don't listen to the guy anymore but I did see that "Boomer" Bergman picked the Bengals to lose again....has he EVER picked them to win? I don't get the hate, they prove him wrong more often than not though.

Cincy 24
San Deigo 20

For those that worry about the playoff game, also consider that Cincy has done pretty well against good QB's coming to the Jungle the last few years (Brady, Rogers, Manning, ect..) This is basically the same D, they rise to the occasion. I'm looking for another efficient day from Andy and Geno causing havoc in the middle. I do think SD squeaks out an opportunistic play like a return or TO, but Cincy will get the lead and run the ball and play great D in the 4th to preserve a win.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 10:49 PM)Charge Wrote: Hello!  I'm a Chargers fan.  It's been quite a while seen I chimed in on an opposing team's board but, after reading some of these outrageous predictions with the Bengals winning by 38 point spreads I felt I had to..  I know there is a little revenge factor going on here and I understand that but, just in case you didn't know it the Chargers had the #1 offense in the entire NFL last week against a decent football team.  The Chargers did that after turning the ball over 3 times, twice in scoring position and the other was a pick six.  So, the Chargers should have had another 10 points on the board.  Sure, the Chargers could repeat that again this week but, I don't think so and probably not another pick six.

This board is extremely filled with blind homerism that gets in the way of peoples thoughts. Check out some of the threads, some people here think Pacman did nothing wrong, predict we win every game by 20+ and etc...
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2015, 03:00 AM)Element Wrote: This board is extremely filled with blind homerism that gets in the way of peoples thoughts. Check out some of the threads, some people here think Pacman did nothing wrong, predict we win every game by 20+ and etc...

They will also be the first people to throw Dalton, Lewis, etc under the bus for a loss. It all happens like clockwork, none of this is new and has been going this way for a long, long time.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Oakland looked awful, so we should get a closer game here. This could be one of those games where the Bengals win by coming from behind. Dalton scores on a keeper late, 27-23 Bengals.
Reply/Quote
27-10 Bengals. I know they scored a lot on the Lions, but that is a Lions team without Suh. We, however, are a Bengals team that has the real Geno Atkins back.
Reply/Quote