Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chargers @ Bengals predictions
Bengals rack up 16 safeties against the Chargers in the 1st Quarter to turn this contest into a snoozefest.

Bengals 32
Chargers 6
Reply/Quote
I'm still not sold on our LBs.

Chargers TEs and RBs may have field day (I hope I'm wrong)

24-27 Chargers.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 06:13 AM)Utts Wrote: Bengals rack up 16 safeties against the Chargers in the 1st Quarter to turn this contest into a snoozefest.

Bengals 32
Chargers 6

I know you were joking, but 6 points ? There is no way on earth that we only score 6 points. You can bank that. Vegas has the spread around 3, because you are at home. If you think you have this superior roster compared to ours, well you don't. They are actually very similar.

It ain't the raiders this week. Believe me.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 07:28 AM)Chargerfreak Wrote: I know you were joking, but 6 points ? There is no way on earth that we only score 6 points. You can bank that. Vegas has the spread around 3, because you are at home. If you think you have this superior roster compared to ours, well you don't. They are actually very similar.

Talent wise, I think the Bengals do have the better roster. Unfortunately, there is more to games than just talent. And no, six points is a complete joke. If the Chargers score six points, the Bengals will score no more than 9 if that's how things are to go. I'm sure it'll probably push the over/under score for sure (I think it's at 48?)

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 07:28 AM)Chargerfreak Wrote: I know you were joking, but 6 points ? There is no way on earth that we only score 6 points. You can bank that. Vegas has the spread around 3, because you are at home. If you think you have this superior roster compared to ours, well you don't. They are actually very similar.

I'm not sure how good the Lions defense you faced last week is anymore without Suh.  Expect a tougher defense in Cincinnati.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:00 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm not sure how good the Lions defense you faced last week is anymore without Suh.  Expect a tougher defense in Cincinnati.

Six points is still a joke, even if I am to favor our defense. Six points is ridiculously low.

Reply/Quote
Someone make a bet.... Loser leaves forever.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:56 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Someone make a bet.... Loser leaves forever.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:00 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm not sure how good the Lions defense you faced last week is anymore without Suh.  Expect a tougher defense in Cincinnati.

They replaced him with Ngata. Pretty sure I don't have to reply to that anymore. Except to tell you that Detroit was 11-5 last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:56 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Someone make a bet.... Loser leaves forever.

Kind of a win-win for you ?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:33 AM)Chargerfreak Wrote: Kind of a win-win for you ?

[Image: trmp1.gif]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:32 AM)Chargerfreak Wrote: They replaced him with Ngata. Pretty sure I don't have to reply to that anymore. Except to tell you that Detroit was 11-5 last year.

The Lions were also missing an all pro MLB last week.

Detroit is a good team, but the Bengals are better. The Bengals laid an egg at home against the Chargers in the 2013 playoff game, they will show the Chargers and the NFL their win was a fluke.

Bengals win 34-24 this time around
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:33 AM)Chargerfreak Wrote: Kind of a win-win for you ?

We all know you're just an idiot with too much time on his hands.  Honestly, trolling an opponent's message board?   Pretty lame, really.

If the Chargers win, you'll stop by to gloat.  If they lose, you'll never show your face around here again.  You're hardly unique.  Either way, who cares?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 07:19 AM)jeremydc Wrote: I'm still not sold on our LBs.

Chargers TEs and RBs may have field day (I hope I'm wrong)

24-27 Chargers.

Watching LaDarius Green and Melvin Gordon last week against the Lions, I was thinking the same thing. They keep those two in check, Bengals should be OK. 
Reply/Quote
Bengals 30
Chargers 24
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Bagels - 27
Chorgors - 20
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 07:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's also full of people who think being objective means constantly predicting close games. Heck, half the board was talking up the Raiders defense last week and saying it'd be a "tough game". 

I respect the Chargers and I don't think it will be a blow out, but I don't think it's homerism to realize the Bengals are an overall more talented team playing at home. It's not a prime time or playoff game, either. For those reasons, I think the Bengals could win comfortably. Maybe not a blowout, but I think a prediction of 28-17 is reasonable.

Just because you don't always predict scores like 17-14 doesn't mean you're a homer.

Considering the history of this team, especially against the chargers, I call it homerism to the fullest with these predictions I'm seeing. You guys act like the last board never existed. There's thousands and thousands of homer posts, with predictions similar to these, that never quite fizzled out. Chargers are a playoff win caliber team and it looks silly that a team that can't win a playoff, has fans making predictions not only for the win, but a blowout. Seems homerish to me.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 11:54 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Considering the history of this team, especially against the chargers, I call it homerism to the fullest with these predictions I'm seeing. You guys act like the last board never existed. There's thousands and thousands of homer posts, with predictions similar to these, that never quite fizzled out. Chargers are a playoff win caliber team and it looks silly that a team that can't win a playoff, has fans making predictions not only for the win, but a blowout. Seems homerish to me.

The last 3 games we played the Chargers in the regular season we beat them by a combined 28 points, and two out of three of those games were at San Diego. The last regular season game we played them in Cincinnati we beat them by 14.
Reply/Quote

Those kind of bets are stupid.  Sig bets are fun.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 11:54 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Considering the history of this team, especially against the chargers, I call it homerism to the fullest with these predictions I'm seeing. You guys act like the last board never existed. There's thousands and thousands of homer posts, with predictions similar to these, that never quite fizzled out. Chargers are a playoff win caliber team and it looks silly that a team that can't win a playoff, has fans making predictions not only for the win, but a blowout. Seems homerish to me.

We blew them out in the regular season the same year we lost the playoff game. 
Reply/Quote