Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chargers @ Bengals predictions
Just watched the rewind of the Detroit @ SD game.

Rivers has weapons. Allen, Johnson, Melvin Gordan, L. Greene, and Woodhead. Rivers is also a madman at getting rid of the ball fast. They've designed plays around an aggressive pass rush. They run Allen out of the slot like a TE. I think we're going to ee a ton of nickel D, and I hope to see Pacman or Dennard as our nickel corner. I know we'll see alot of Leon there, but he's lost a step and I fear that Allen could burn him up. Our DBs have to do a better job than Detroit did of getting to the ball and tackling it.

The Chargers D, on the other hand, didn't look nearly as good. We can and must run on this team. But I think we'll do what we did last week. Spread the ball around. Don't let ourselves become predictable.

This is going to be great game. I think/hope we take it. 27-17.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals 35 Chargers 10
Bengals defense comes to play and makes life rough for Phillip Rivers getting 4 sacks and 2 picks. Hill runs wild and Andy puts up a decent game once again leading to a surprising beat down over the chargers.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Bengals 45 Chargers 38

The winning TD is in the fourth quarter and is a Pick Six by Peko!
Reply/Quote
& the crowd went wild...
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 02:12 AM)Shady Wrote: Just watched the rewind of the Detroit @ SD game.

Rivers has weapons. Allen, Johnson, Melvin Gordan, L. Greene, and Woodhead. Rivers is also a madman at getting rid of the ball fast. They've designed plays around an aggressive pass rush. They run Allen out of the slot like a TE. I think we're going to ee a ton of nickel D, and I hope to see Pacman or Dennard as our nickel corner. I know we'll see alot of Leon there, but he's lost a step and I fear that Allen could burn him up. Our DBs have to do a better job than Detroit did of getting to the ball and tackling it.

The Chargers D, on the other hand, didn't look nearly as good. We can and must run on this team. But I think we'll do what we did last week. Spread the ball around. Don't let ourselves become predictable.

Hall is the most healthy he as been in two years.. he played well against Oakland.. I have no worries about Hall and his ability
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 06:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: even with being dead last in sacks last year we were #1 against pass TDs till like week 16/17

That is such a telling stat, our defensive backs are really great!
Reply/Quote
The way I see it the Bengals win this home opener 30-10 and here is my reasoning.

The Bengals and the Lions have a pretty similar set of offensive weapons:
Hill/Gio - Bell/Abdullah.
Green/Jones/Sanu - Megatron/Tate/Moore
Eifert - Ebron
Who you give the edge to is a matter of opinion. I will say our offensive line is better than Det. while their QB is better than the Bengals.

I think the Chargers have a hell of an offense too and I tried not to disrespect them with the score, I just believe the D is that good and better than the Lions. I like the Bengals front (rotational) four against their line (Fluker being out helps) and I believe our dbs can match their wr. Allen is going to get his though. Only thing that scares me is how well are the Bengals going to cover Green. They've been historically bad at covering TEs.

Stay balanced on O like last week and the Bengals should be fine. Make Rivers move of his spot in the pocket on D and contain the TE. Easier said than done right?
Reply/Quote
Let's keep em coming.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 02:25 AM)Joelist Wrote: The winning TD is in the fourth quarter and is a Pick Six by Peko!

Finally, someone who's paying attention ThumbsUp

48-10 Bengals.  Hill rushes for 237 yards and four touchdowns, Andy tosses another two, Nuge adds a couple of field goals and the D picks off Rivers four times. Madden 16 has spoken.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Our Offense looks really good right now and so does our Defense. We were spreading the ball
around beautifully and i see that continuing, more run though with Hill but still we will score a
bunch but so will the Chargers with Rivers, Gordon, Allen and company.

I like our Defense a lot but our Linebackers need to get better at tackling in space and that is
where they probably will hurt us with Lamur, Rey and Dawson out there. I think Dawson will be
great one day but he will have a learning curve and this might be the game.

High scoring game with the Chargers charging back on us after we let the foot off their throats...

Bengals-38
Chargers-31
Reply/Quote
Bengals- 28
Chargers- 17

Bengals roll at home. Btw, I love how some people always worry about west coast trips, but no one says a word about the Chargers coming all the way to Cincy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 30
Chargers 16

Hill grinds out 132 yards 1 TD
Gio breaks a 40+ yard run and scores a TD
Eifert and AJ both have TD catches
Reply/Quote
I think time of possession will be big in this game.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
42-24 Bengals

Hill has 2 TDs
Eifert has a TD
Green has a TD
Gio has a TD
& we score a TD on D.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals: 31
Chargers: 24

The passing game looks fairly even to me, but Eifert is an important X-Factor.

Also, we have the superior O-Line and running game.

Chargers make it close late, but the Bengals hang on in the end.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 01:05 AM)EatonFan Wrote: I think time of possession will be big in this game.

I predict it will be at least 60 minutes.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 27

Chargers 20
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 02:12 AM)Shady Wrote: Just watched the rewind of the Detroit @ SD game.

Yeah, I watched it on NFL NETWORK Replays....and I came up with same type score.....Bengals 30, Chargers 20.....They are better than Oakland but I think we are better than Detroit and Bengals win on both sides of the trenches, O Line and D Line we win. ...Plus Bengals have been tough in THE JUNGLE, The Fans are the 12th man on D......plus, WE OWE THEM ONE from the play-off game loss.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I hope the boys get Andy's back. That eric weddle mic'd up segment from the playoff game where he goes "come on Andy" repeatedly really gets under my skin for some reason. May Green burn him deep 4 times and defend his boy the Red Ripper
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 11:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Btw, I love how some people always worry about west coast trips, but no one says a word about the Chargers coming all the way to Cincy.

Yeah, it really seemed to cripple them the last time they came here.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote