Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chargers @ Bengals predictions

The good guys win it...
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 01:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Man, you have been here for months when there were not even any games going on.  Now you try to act like you don't care about the games?  How many movies have caused you to make thousands of posts on a message board?

This is high comedy.  People don't spend as much time on a message board as you do discussing something that is meaningless to you.

I agree that my emotional state is not controlled by the Bengals success, but that is COMPLETELY different from saying that I do not care who wins the games.

Personally I don't think going out to eat makes my time with my daughters any better than eating at home with them.  Maybe you should just learn that just because people have different values than you doesn't mean that they are odd.  

Bengals victories are worth more than money to me because they bring me more joy than almost anything else I could do with my money.  Now if we were talking about tens of thousands of dollars I might have a different opinion.  But to me a Bengals victory is more valuable because you can't buy a victory with money.

I don't think I ever said the games were meaningless to me, hence the fact that I've posted on this message board so much. BUT, another reason that I post so much is that I'm on a computer all day. I rarely post on here during the evenings and on weekends. This board interests me and has more interaction for me than my Facebook or other message boards, so here I am.

I don't think I ever said that I don't care who wins the games, I just value myself winning money MORE than I value the Bengals winning the games. That has been my point the entire time, but you and Kevin keep twisting it as if I'm saying that I don't care about the Bengals and that I don't care who wins or loses.

I've never said that I flat out don't care, I just care about money MUCH more than what happens to a random professional sports team. I find it strange that people feel differently, but I don't think I've bashed you for feeling that way. I do find it to be odd, I think it's normal to value money a lot in our lives. Everything fun (my families' hobbies/interests at least) costs money, I like doing things that I find fun, so I like money.

You can't buy a victory with money, and I'd be so on board with your mindset if I were on the team myself or was part of the organization where a victory directly impacted my life. Like I said, I do love the Bengals games because they give me around 3-4 hours of entertainment, but so does watching a Lord of the Rings movie, so meh, I don't see why people are acting as if the Bengals winning games is making such a difference to their life. Being 1 step closer to winning a $1,000+ fantasy league is more important to me than the Bengals winning against San Diego. I'll happily carry the banner of "shitty fan" for saying that if that's what it means.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 02:10 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I just value myself winning money MORE than I value the Bengals winning the games. That has been my point the entire time, but you and Kevin keep twisting it as if I'm saying that I don't care about the Bengals and that I don't care who wins or loses.

Everything fun (my families' hobbies/interests at least) costs money, I like doing things that I find fun, so I like money.

I have not tried to "twist" anything.  All I have said all along is that money is not as important as some other things.  that is where we have a different opinion.  I can enjoy my family without spending money on them.  I don't value money as much as you. I don't think that I have to buy my happiness.

(09-15-2015, 02:10 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Like I said, I do love the Bengals games because they give me around 3-4 hours of entertainment, but so does watching a Lord of the Rings movie, so meh,

So then show me links to where you have spent so much of your free time making thousands of posts on a message board about a movie when it is not even out in theaters and you are unable to even watch it.

You can say "meh" all you want, but your actions speak louder than your words.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 02:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have not tried to "twist" anything.  All I have said all along is that money is not as important as some other things.  that is where we have a different opinion.  I can enjoy my family without spending money on them.  I don't value money as much as you.  I don't think that I have to buy my happiness.

So then show me links to where you have spent so much of your free time making thousands of posts on a message board about a movie when it is not even out in theaters and you are unable to even watch it.

You can say "meh" all you want, but your actions speak louder than your words.

Yep, for the first part we just disagree, all is good.

The second part, I don't make thousands of posts about anything else, because I AM interested in the Bengals organization and I've grown to know a lot of the guys on this board. What's so bad about that? Are you saying that being emotionally invested in a Bengals win/loss is something that MUST occur if I post a lot on a message board about football? I get entertainment out of the 3-4 hours watching a game, and I use a lot of my time on weekday mornings/afternoons to discuss the Bengals because I do love this team, don't get me wrong about that. If they lose a football game, I'm not going to lose my mind over it. That may not make sense since I just said I "love" the team, but I love it from a hobby standpoint, not like I love my wife or my bank account.

I dedicate more time discussing the Bengals than I do most of my other hobbies, but I put more money and time (when I'm at home) into other hobbies that you have no idea about. You have no idea what my "actions" are because you just see me talking on a message board on weekday mornings and afternoons. You have no idea what I actually invest my personal time into. Outside of about 3 hours a week, usually on Sunday, my personal time doesn't go to the Bengals whatsoever.

Also, my Blu-Ray extended edition box set of the Lord of the Rings says otherwise to your comment about me "not being able to watch it", not even sure what you meant by that. I can watch it any time I'd like.
Reply/Quote
Bengals lose their first because Pauly G has no answer for Rivers.

Chargers- 28
Bengals- 27
Reply/Quote
Bengals 38
Chargers 17
Reply/Quote
24-21good guys
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals-107
Chargers-90
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 02:51 PM)GodFather Wrote: Bengals lose their first because Pauly G has no answer for Rivers.

Chargers- 28
Bengals- 27

I don't see how he has no answer..

SD ran a lot of crossers last week, and with how Iloka and Nelson are playing, that won't work.

Our secondary showed they can tackle well, which is the key to beating SD.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 02:51 PM)GodFather Wrote: Bengals lose their first because Pauly G has no answer for Rivers.

Chargers- 28
Bengals- 27

He better have some answers:

Healthy Geno, Dunlap and MJ should put some pressure on him.

Bengals 31
Chargers 20
Reply/Quote
Phillips gonna go off like he usually does, lets hope our O shows up again
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 11:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, you probably have to be scrapping for money to think this way.

What are you going to do with that money that will make you more happy than a Bengals win?  Go out and eat a meal?  Go see a movie?  Buy a fancy new phone?  Do those types of things really give you more lasting joy than the Bengals winning a football game?

Money shouldn't make you happy.  It is what you do with the money.  

Actually, I was going to use it to get Tiny Tim that surgery he so desperately needs, but by all means root for the Bengals IF you must!  *SOB*

[Image: 81795159_132356683904.jpg]

But back on topic, the Bengals win because we are at home and it's not a prime-time or playoff game.

Bengals 27
Chargers 20
Reply/Quote
Marvin is never going to adopt a "bully" mentality.

Which is a shame, because, in a way, that's almost what this team needs
Reply/Quote
Bengals 31
Chargers 28

Our offense needs to show up again this week...
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
A shootout at PBS. Bengals 34 Chargers 30
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Who Dey 30
Bolts 21
Reply/Quote
Bengals 38 Chargers 24
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Had the Raiders points correct last week but had the Bengals @ 27.  Going this week w/

Bengals 24
Chargers 20
Reply/Quote
27 - 10 Bengals shit on chargers
It's Rough in the Nasty Nati
Reply/Quote
30 -20 Bengals!

I'm ready for Sunday (I know this isn't the correct thread to ask, but does anyone know of safe online streams for the games?).
[Image: WiscoFan.png]
Reply/Quote