Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chase & Chase offense moving forward.
Chase Brown showed some seriously needed speed and JaMarr Chase is simply very good. We might have something moving forward.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:15 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Chase Brown showed some seriously needed speed and JaMarr Chase is simply very good.  We might have something moving forward.

Absolutely. I like the thunder/lightning duo in the run game. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We definitely have to get faster! Good to see Chase Brown break a couple huge runs off. I think it motivated Mixon to run a little better than normal in certain situations, too, lol.

Imagining Jake Browning continuing to light the league or play above average - and Burrow coming back next year on fire, knowing there is someone behind him making 1/60th his salary who had the highest completion % of any QB ever in their 1st or 2nd start.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:32 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We definitely have to get faster! Good to see Chase Brown break a couple huge runs off. I think it motivated Mixon to run a little better than normal in certain situations, too, lol.

Imagining Jake Browning continuing to light the league or play above average - and Burrow coming back next year on fire, knowing there is someone behind him making 1/60th his salary who had the highest completion % of any QB ever in their 1st or 2nd start.

Imagine Jake Browning taking us to the playoffs and winning us the Super Bowl. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:35 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Imagine Jake Browning taking us to the playoffs and winning us the Super Bowl. 

Yeah ok.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:35 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Imagine Jake Browning taking us to the playoffs and winning us the Super Bowl. 

Why not?

Then he leaves for a huge contract on another team and Burrow says I can do it too. And we win back to back. Isn't being an NFL fan about dreams?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:38 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Why not?

Then he leaves for a huge contract on another team and Burrow says I can do it too. And we win back to back. Isn't being an NFL fan about dreams?

Jake cant just leave next season, he is an ERFA, we can resign him for about $1M.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:43 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Jake cant just leave next season, he is an ERFA, we can resign him for about $1M.

He can stay then and tell Burrow before every game, I won a superbowl on my 1M contract what can you do
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:44 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He can stay then and tell Burrow before every game, I won a superbowl on my 1M contract what can you do

You can bet that if he continues to play like this we will be getting phone calls next season.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:38 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Why not?

Hell yeah, dream big!

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:46 AM)casear2727 Wrote: You can bet that if he continues to play like this we will be getting phone calls next season.

No doubt. Honestly, if he has one more game like this and proves just capable the rest, we might get serious interest. That said, I’ll keep him. If he can manage out the season going 2-3 even, that’s worth it. I know our schedule is supposed to be tough, but 3 home games against Dobbs, minshew and Flacco, nothing is impossible. Throw in trubisky and mahomes… 4-1 isn’t impossible. Unlikely, yea… but after tonight, it’s not out of the realm of possibility… and I never saw this coming.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:00 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: No doubt.  Honestly, if he has one more game like this and proves just capable the rest, we might get serious interest.  That said, I’ll keep him.  If he can manage out the season going 2-3 even, that’s worth it.  I know our schedule is supposed to be tough, but 3 home games against Dobbs, minshew and Flacco, nothing is impossible. Throw in trubisky and mahomes… 4-1 isn’t impossible.  Unlikely, yea… but after tonight, it’s not out of the realm of possibility… and I never saw this coming.

Same. I didn't see this kind of performance coming. Yeah, I thought he'd improve and be able to be a competent game manager, but not this.

Reply/Quote
Chase Brown offers something we haven’t seen since Gio. Speed and quickness. He hits the holes much quicker so he’s able to get up past the linebackers where Mixon is a step slower. I definitely think they need fo continue to implement him. Heck he had our longest run on the season on like his 6th career carry.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:22 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Chase Brown offers something we haven’t seen since Gio. Speed and quickness. He hits the holes much quicker so he’s able to get up past the linebackers where Mixon is a step slower. I definitely think they need fo continue to implement him. Heck he had our longest run on the season on like his 6th career carry.

Absolutely. They had talked him up quite a bit. Makes me think they had this in mind, then IR happened. You're exactly right, Brown can turn the corner on those outside runs, Mix can't. But Mix runs hard, and he can get some yards up the gut with this balance.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:25 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Absolutely. They had talked him up quite a bit. Makes me think they had this in mind, then IR happened. You're exactly right, Brown can turn the corner on those outside runs, Mix can't. But Mix runs hard, and he can get some yards up the gut with this balance.

Yep, they used them well for the most part. Could tweak a few things but for his first real workload, he passed the test
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:31 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yep, they used them well for the most part. Could tweak a few things but for his first real workload, he passed the test

I hope his carries increase each week.

Reply/Quote
Assuming Zac "gets around" to calling plays for him when Burrow returns.

Maybe,
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:20 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Assuming Zac "gets around" to calling plays for him when Burrow returns.

Maybe,

It is obvious Jake does extremely well with a solid run game, perhaps we create a new identity the last few weeks of the season that we can carry into next season?

Or Zac continues to ignore the run game and creates trick plays that have Ted Karras doing a throwback pass to Tyler Boyd?

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:23 AM)casear2727 Wrote: It is obvious Jake does extremely well with a solid run game, perhaps we create a new identity the last few weeks of the season that we can carry into next season?

Or Zac continues to ignore the run game and creates trick plays that have Ted Karras doing a throwback pass to Tyler Boyd?

The fact that he had to have his hand forced via Burrow's injury doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. 

But if the offense continues this level of success against more stout defenses, I could see that forcing the coaching staff to rethink their Burrow-minded offense a bit.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:26 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: The fact that he had to have his hand forced via Burrow's injury doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. 

But if the offense continues this level of success against more stout defenses, I could see that forcing the coaching staff to rethink their Burrow-minded offense a bit.

Zac's play calling and offensive scheme have never inspired a ton of confidence, this balanced approach was excellent tonight. 

The Colts have a stout dline, we will see how well we do next week.

Reply/Quote