Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chase Is A Bengal!
We gave Burrow his wish!

They’ll go down as one of the greatest duos in NFL history!

Now we gotta give Burrow some protection!
Reply/Quote
I can only assume Joe Burrow was perfectly content bringing in Chase and maybe he did have some input on it. If Joe really wanted Chase I'm much more content with the pick.

I still like the pick I just thought OL was a more pressing need and the talent met the need at 5.

Regardless since Chase will read this thread Tongue welcome aboard Chase, break all the rookie records!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope we chose correctly.
Reply/Quote
Get some interior linemen and Mixon, Burrow, Higgins, Boyd and Chase will be a force.
Reply/Quote
LFG!!!
Reply/Quote
Chase can get open immediately. OL doesn't need to block as long.
Reply/Quote
Weapons won't matter with this offensive line this offense will be trash.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:15 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: Weapons won't matter with this offensive line this offense will be trash.

GTFOOHWTS..... We have our tackles already. All we need is a guard in a class that is very deep in Offensive Lineman. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Chase can get open immediately. OL doesn't need to block as long.

Burrow was on pace to set a new sack record by a rookie QB. He probly would've made it before he got injured by his own line.

Chase can get open immediately, that doesn't really change the problem of getting sacked in the first couple seconds after a snap.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think this was a Mike Brown pick, no way the coaches could be that stupid. Chase looks like David Boston 2.0, I doubt he will even be double teamed.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:08 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I hope we chose correctly.

They did.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:24 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: I think this was a Mike Brown pick, no way the coaches could be that stupid.  Chase looks like David Boston 2.0, I doubt he will even be double teamed.

Go home to your Stealers board.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:19 PM)Benton Wrote: Burrow was on pace to set a new sack record by a rookie QB. He probly would've made it before he got injured by his own line.

Chase can get open immediately, that doesn't really change the problem of getting sacked in the first couple seconds after a snap.

You know what does?

The Bengals removing 74% of their sacks from theit starting O line from last year.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:19 PM)Benton Wrote: Burrow was on pace to set a new sack record by a rookie QB. He probly would've made it before he got injured by his own line.

Uh yeah, he was set for a sack record because he had to wait for receivers to get separation. It's not rocket science. The line is already vastly improved from last year, and they haven't even gotten to the 2nd round yet where there will be a ton of Oline talent left. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:08 PM)Waite Hoyt Wrote: Get some interior linemen and Mixon, Burrow, Higgins, Boyd and Chase will be a force.

Might need a little thing called Defense and a hope and a prayer for protection.  
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:28 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Go home to your Stealers board.

Why because I don't want to see our QB coming off a knee injury get killed again this year?  I just don't even see why Chase was so highly rated, didn't the receiver opposite of him do just as good that year at LSU?  I mean unless he is Randy Moss this team had no business drafting a receiver.  I think he will be good for sure but I am not convinced that he is good enough to draft in the top 5, especially when we had the chance to have a great OT for the next 10-12 years.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:44 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: Why because I don't want to see our QB coming off a knee injury get killed again this year?  I just don't even see why Chase was so highly rated, didn't the receiver opposite of him do just as good that year at LSU?  I mean unless he is Randy Moss this team had no business drafting a receiver.  I think he will be good for sure but I am not convinced that he is good enough to draft in the top 5, especially when we had the chance to have a great OT for the next 10-12 years.

And you are positive that a player who only played 1.5 seasons of college football, and hasn't played in over a year, is the next Anthony Munoz. Right.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And you are positive that a player who only played 1.5 seasons of college football, and hasn't played in over a year, is the next Anthony Munoz. Right.

the reality is that we can't be sure what either of these 2 will be.

Chase had 1 amazing year in a great offense and 1 ho hum year in a bum offense.  Won the Belitnikof.

Sewell gave up 1 sack in his career?  Maybe 1 penalty?  Won the Outland.

Both are great prospects.  Hopefully we end up with an All-Pro.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And you are positive that a player who only played 1.5 seasons of college football, and hasn't played in over a year, is the next Anthony Munoz. Right.

What if he is the next Munoz or Boselli?  This could be a historically bad mistake, especially if one of our OT gets hurt this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:49 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: the reality is that we can't be sure what either of these 2 will be.

Chase had 1 amazing year in a great offense and 1 ho hum year in a bum offense.  Won the Belitnikof.

Sewell gave up 1 sack in his career?  Maybe 1 penalty?  Won the Outland.

Both are great prospects.  Hopefully we end up with an All-Pro.

Yep, crapshoot. I would have loved to have either. Bottom line, there is more chance to get a better lineman later than there is a receiver, and we needed both.
Reply/Quote