Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chase Is A Bengal!
(04-30-2021, 11:33 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Xeno, that's like saying if we didnt get Chase in the draft last night...

Well we still have Auden Tate, he's pretty good.....

Auden Tate isnt a difference maker.  Neither is Uzomah.  He's an average TE at best. 

No it be like say we still have Higgins and Boyd not some 5th stringer.
Reply/Quote
Chase says he's gonna break every receiving record we got....Love it!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:33 AM)Beaker Wrote: Sample? Block? Child please.

ummm isnt that supposedly what he's good at?  lol cause he sure as hell isnt dangerous in the passing game. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:38 AM)TJ528 Wrote: ummm isnt that supposedly what he's good at?  lol cause he sure as hell isnt dangerous in the passing game. 

You need to take your sarcasm meter in for service...

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:37 AM)bonesaw Wrote: Chase says he's gonna break every receiving record we got....Love it!

What about the Extra Point Attempts by a WR? lol  or did that not count as it was preseason
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You need to take your sarcasm meter in for service...

Oh....thats what that was supposed to be? sarcasm? okay.....

However, to expand on Sample we'll see what he does in year 3 in this offense
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:38 AM)TJ528 Wrote: ummm isnt that supposedly what he's good at?  lol cause he sure as hell isnt dangerous in the passing game. 

You just havent been paying attention. He's a stud pass catcher, then runs over tacklers for YAC. Drew Sample...machine.
Reply/Quote
I kind of sense Chase us a ultra competitive guy He feels slighted that he went 5th. He probably feels he should have went 2nd. He may be coming in with a huge chip on his shoulder and look to set rookie receiving records. Much different than Ross who seemed happy to be drafted.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Now now... we're not allowed to talk about linemen's advancing age since Big Whit, remember?  Ninja

LoL....I remember. We'll see how he looks this year, and hopefully they get some good plug and play guys on the line....or at least QUALITY depth today. If not, I'm calling it a bad decision.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:56 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I kind of sense Chase us a ultra competitive guy He feels slighted that he went 5th. He probably feels he should have went 2nd. He may be coming in with a huge chip on his shoulder and look to set rookie receiving records. Much different than Ross who seemed happy to be drafted.

He’ll certainly have a huge chip on his shoulder if he lurks this board and sees that he’s the “worst Bengals draft pick in 10 years” LOL

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

“Idk how you even got my number” lol

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’ll certainly have a huge chip on his shoulder if he lurks this board and sees that he’s the “worst Bengals draft pick in 10 years” LOL

Anyone that says that is overreacting, or plain nuts. The guy is a good player. I may disagree with the need, but he's not a scrub.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Chad is so silly and a Bengal for life. I love CJ.

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
They were getting a great player at 5 and that was pretty much a given. I completely believe in building through the trenches on both sides of the ball but there is nothing to be upset about with this selection. I was all for drafting on the O line but I believe you must look at it objectively.

1) There was only one WR in this draft that was a consensus franchise #1 WR talent and that is Ja'Marr Chase. He brings everything you want to the table, checks every box, and brings a comfort level to the franchise QB.

2) They made one of the largest impacts to the O line the could have made by bringing back Frank Pollack. I suggest everyone researching the individual grades of our existing linemen under Pollack and Turner.

3) The majority saw Hart as a weak link and the franchise made an awesome upgrade at the position with Riley Reiff. While it is a 1 year deal I do not believe his playing days are over and him and the franchise could mutually decide they are in good positions and extend a deal.

4) There is a lot of good lineman that can help this line after the first round. With the franchise seemingly set on Williams and Reiff you are essentially drafting for beyond this year and at this point in time you have the likes of Eichenberg, Walker Little, James Hudson, Teven Jenkins, Jalen Mayfield, and Samuel Cosmi on the board at OT and a vast amount of guard talent as well.

It was a great selection and will make for one hell of a triple threat in Chase, Boyd, and Higgins. Pick your poison baby!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Breaking records means you are excelling at your position. The only way a player has to help his team win is to excel at his position. WTF

They don't get it, they all must be team sewell guys and think the draft is over as well. Not wasting my time. 
Reply/Quote
LOL

Reply/Quote
Hilarious, didn't even know how Chad got his number LMAO!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Just saw where Les Miles had tried to convince Chase to switch to DB while he was recruiting him. That’s crazy. Glad Chase stayed at WR.
Reply/Quote