Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chase Is A Bengal!
(04-30-2021, 09:43 AM)Wyche Wrote: Possibly, yes, but he's 32. If they get a premier IOL today, it'll take the sting out of it a bit for sure. I like Chase....just wanna make sure he has time to let routes develop.

Now now... we're not allowed to talk about linemen's advancing age since Big Whit, remember?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
No excuses for this offense not to be a Top 10-15 offense now.
The team chose to go into the draft without addressing OL much, so the expectation is they'll get 1 or 2 today to go along with Chase.
If the offense is not Top 15 at least, that's completely on Taylor.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:54 AM)ochocincos Wrote: No excuses for this offense not to be a Top 10-15 offense now.
The team chose to go into the draft without addressing OL much, so the expectation is they'll get 1 or 2 today to go along with Chase.
If the offense is not Top 15 at least, that's completely on Taylor.

Dude come on, if you listen to the majority of the posters on here this offense is unstoppable now. 

I mean you have the following:

Burrow
Mixon
Chase
Boyd
Higgins
Sample
Uzomah

If this team isn't in the Top 10 in offense in the NFL then somethings wrong.  I mean look at all that talent.  
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:08 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Dude come on, if you listen to the majority of the posters on here this offense is unstoppable now. 

Burrow
Mixon
Chase
Boyd
Higgins
Sample
Uzomah

If this team isn't in the Top 10 in offense in the NFL then somethings wrong.  I mean look at all that talent.  

And we will all know what that is if it happens. The potential of this offense is now in how far the OL can take it. We have the playmakers and then some. Now we just have to open holes for Mixon and give Burrow time and the offense could be top 10 for sure. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:17 AM)bengaloo Wrote: And we will all know what that is if it happens. The potential of this offense is now in how far the OL can take it. We have the playmakers and then some. Now we just have to open holes for Mixon and give Burrow time and the offense could be top 10 for sure. 

Could be top 10.  Do i have faith it will be top 10? No because I don't have faith in the offensive coordinator, and it's not Brian Callahan who i don't have faith in.  Maybe he could call a better game than Zac, just sayin. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:17 AM)bengaloo Wrote: And we will all know what that is if it happens. The potential of this offense is now in how far the OL can take it. We have the playmakers and then some. Now we just have to open holes for Mixon and give Burrow time and the offense could be top 10 for sure. 

Good thing there are some run game maulers just sitting there waiting for us to draft them then, right?
Reply/Quote
Yes, the OL is bad, but Burrow never really threw the deep balls he threw in college. Makes me wonder if he really is a deep ball QB like Carson was. Carson was until the busted knee. Hopefully Burrow with an already busted knee doesnt change at all his psych and physical prowess(like Brees after an injury) and shows he can throw deep. TBD.
Reply/Quote
Even after the knee injury, Burrow was lobbying for Chase. If Burrow wanted to err on the side of caution coming off of the injury and asked the team to draft a lineman, I am confident we would have done so.

It's kind of relieving to know that our QB has bigger balls than most of our fanbase.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:43 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Even after the knee injury, Burrow was lobbying for Chase.  If Burrow wanted to err on the side of caution coming off of the injury and asked the team to draft a lineman, I am confident we would have done so.  

It's kind of relieving to know that our QB has bigger balls than most of our fanbase.

I think what it boils down to is Burrow is smart enough to realize Sewell, if as advertised, fixes one position on the offensive line, and does nothing decrease the amount of time it takes for him to get rid of the ball  and the rest of the line has not improved, and that taking Chase means he should not have to hold it as long. One thing Burrow said about Chase was "immediate separation"
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Good thing there are some run game maulers just sitting there waiting for us to draft them then, right?

Yeah there are some good OL left. Hopefully we will have a good rest of the draft. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:08 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Dude come on, if you listen to the majority of the posters on here this offense is unstoppable now. 

Burrow
Mixon
Chase
Boyd
Higgins
Sample
Uzomah

Well all of those guys except for the TEs are good lol. I expect Chase Year 1 to have more production than Green had last year. The only weakness amongst the weapons is TE, IMO.
The OL is expected to be better in pass protection compared to last year, and if it isn't, that's on the fault of the FO and Taylor for not addressing it properly.

Perhaps I'm a Negative Nancy, but I wouldn't be surprised to still see both the offense and defense be in the bottom half of the league. I just don't have faith in Taylor or Anarumo, I guess.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:03 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Well all of those guys except for the TEs are good lol. I expect Chase Year 1 to have more production than Green had last year. The only weakness amongst the weapons is TE, IMO.
The OL is expected to be better in pass protection compared to last year, and if it isn't, that's on the fault of the FO and Taylor for not addressing it properly.

Perhaps I'm a Negative Nancy, but I wouldn't be surprised to still see both the offense and defense be in the bottom half of the league. I just don't have faith in Taylor or Anarumo, I guess.

Ocho we're in the same boat bud.  I think TE is a major weakness on this team.  I think with a dangerous TE this offense could be unstoppable.  

My problem is I have 0 confidence in the ability to coach by Taylor and Lou.  Neither one have shown me they can lead and produce wins.  Maybe that's me being a negative Nancy as well, but I call it being realistic.  I've seen one Dave Shula too many for my lifetime. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:03 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Well all of those guys except for the TEs are good lol. I expect Chase Year 1 to have more production than Green had last year. The only weakness amongst the weapons is TE, IMO.

Thad Moss!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Thad Moss!
He's easily the 4th or 5th option in this offense if he's in there with Chase, Higgins, Boyd, and Mixon.
I think Moss can be a quality TE2 in the league down the road, but I would hope the Bengals get a good pass-catching TE at some point within the next year or two to really take this offense to the next level.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:08 AM)TJ528 Wrote:  I think TE is a major weakness on this team.  I think with a dangerous TE this offense could be unstoppable.  

2 words for ya...Drew Sample...most dangerous man alive.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We gave Burrow his wish!

They’ll go down as one of the greatest duos in NFL history!

Now we gotta give Burrow some protection!

if all goes well they have a chance to be special.    Just hope  burrow keeps spreading the ball around as Boyd and Higgins are both 1000 yard wrs as well.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:08 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Ocho we're in the same boat bud.  I think TE is a major weakness on this team.  I think with a dangerous TE this offense could be unstoppable.  

My problem is I have 0 confidence in the ability to coach by Taylor and Lou.  Neither one have shown me they can lead and produce wins.  Maybe that's me being a negative Nancy as well, but I call it being realistic.  I've seen one Dave Shula too many for my lifetime. 

same problem..

We still have Uzohman right?  hes pretty good when healthy. just went to IR quickly last year
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:22 AM)Beaker Wrote: 2 words for ya...Drew Sample...most dangerous man alive.

What is he going to score when he's blocking the DE? lol sorry I had to....
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:26 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: same problem..

We still have Uzohman right?  hes pretty good when healthy.  just went to IR quickly last year

Xeno, that's like saying if we didnt get Chase in the draft last night...

Well we still have Auden Tate, he's pretty good.....

Auden Tate isnt a difference maker.  Neither is Uzomah.  He's an average TE at best. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:32 AM)TJ528 Wrote: What is he going to score when he's blocking the DE? lol sorry I had to....

Sample? Block? Child please.
Reply/Quote