Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase on th Burrow Contract...
[Elmore] #Bengals WR Ja’Marr Chase on @NFLNetwork’s #SuperBowl Live: “Joe (Burrow) knows how he wants to set his contract up to keep his weapons around him.” Says Burrow contract will work itself out.

We are so ***** back...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
NO SHIT WE'RE BACK!

I just saw that Tweet!

Burrow's a genius and will be the GOAT because of this! He knows that it will help to expand his career, get players to want to come here, and allow him to keep making money!

This is HUGE!
Reply/Quote
That's my quarterback...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 06:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: NO SHIT WE'RE BACK!

I just saw that Tweet!

Burrow's a genius and will be the GOAT because of this! He knows that it will help to expand his career, get players to want to come here, and to allow him to keep making money!

This is HUGE!

We should take a poll for who gets the most hyped for any kind of positive talk/post/rumor around here.
I'm pretty sure Brad would win in a landslide lol.

You're like the target audience for any infomercial ever  Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If this holds true, it is a straight up savage move from the Burrow camp! He is literally a SB away from being the face of the NFL and he knows it. He will get his money through endorsements if that is what he desires and keep his core weapons around for the long-haul.

My only wish is that his contract extension happens prior to Lamar's, further pushing Baltimore to low-ball Lamar straight out of Baltimore.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to have a cynical take on this but it makes more financial sense for Burrow to take less money on his Bengals contract.

I say that because Burrow can make way more money in sponsorship deals with a successful team than with an unsuccessful team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The Bobby Bonilla template.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 07:01 PM)J24 Wrote: I'm going to have a cynical take on this but it makes more financial sense for Burrow to take less money on his Bengals contract.

I say that because Burrow can make way more money in sponsorship deals with a successful team than with an unsuccessful team.

Hmm, maybe...I'm not sure about WAY more.  I don't know how much Mahommes makes for the State Farm and Head and Shoulders commercials, but I'm not sure it is more than an extra $25-100 million guaranteed NFL bucks.

That's also assuming corporations recognize Burrow more with a SB ring.  Matt Stafford won the SB and so far all he's gotten are a few commercials woodenly hocking $6 pizzas and some bank(?) commercial.  I expect Burrow to take a team-friendly deal, but I don't think I could sell him on the idea of walking away from a bunch of guaranteed NFL salary for a possibly future deal shilling Subway or something.

Actually, Burrow should be doing commercials as it is.  Aaron Rodgers was hocking insurance before he won the SB and Baker Mayfield was in commercials while he was losing.

Let me put it this way...which bank account would you rather have?  Joe Burrow's or Flo from the Progressive ads?
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 07:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, maybe...I'm not sure about WAY more.  I don't know how much Mahommes makes for the State Farm and Head and Shoulders commercials, but I'm not sure it is more than an extra $25-100 million guaranteed NFL bucks.

That's also assuming corporations recognize Burrow more with a SB ring.  Matt Stafford won the SB and so far all he's gotten are a few commercials woodenly hocking $6 pizzas and some bank(?) commercial.  I expect Burrow to take a team-friendly deal, but I don't think I could sell him on the idea of walking away from a bunch of guaranteed NFL salary for a possibly future deal shilling Subway or something.

Actually, Burrow should be doing commercials as it is.  Aaron Rodgers was hocking insurance before he won the SB and Baker Mayfield was in commercials while he was losing.

Let me put it this way...which bank account would you rather have?  Joe Burrow's or Flo from the Progressive ads?

Was he? I got curious. He won it in 2010 and those Discount Double Check ads started in mid-late 2012 from what I can find.

I agree with you, I doubt there's any way Burrow can make up $50-100m on sponsorships, because he's going to get some if he wants them regardless, so it isn't about his total sponsorships but how much more he could potentially get over normal with increased success. That'd be an awfully large increase.

Also, does Burrow even really do much sponsorship stuff? He isn't in the Heisman House and he seems like he's generally a pretty private guy off the field. Even if you want to do them, being outgoing and comfortable enough to be good in commercials is a big part of it, too. As evidenced by Mayfield who was good in the commercials even if they vastly outnumbered his on-field successes.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 07:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Was he? I got curious. He won it in 2010 and those Discount Double Check ads started in mid-late 2012 from what I can find.

You know what, I think it was that he was doing the "championship belt" celebration before winning it.

(02-08-2023, 07:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Also, does Burrow even really do much sponsorship stuff? He isn't in the Heisman House and he seems like he's generally a pretty private guy off the field. Even if you want to do them, being outgoing and comfortable enough to be good in commercials is a big part of it, too. As evidenced by Mayfield who was good in the commercials even if they vastly outnumbered his on-field successes.

Baker ends up looking like a horse's patoot doing commercials while losing and being jettisoned from his team, but the guy does have charisma for a football player. As for Burrow, we want him to breathe, eat, crap, and have sex with FOOTBALL, so acting like he should be thinking about doing commercials and starring in a sit-com or something right now is a bit of a farce on our part.

Side note, do you think not winning the SB in 2005 hurt Palmer's long term hot dog-shilling prospects?  Who am I kidding, the star of that commercial is the ref who measures the hot dog with the miniature football chains.
Reply/Quote
Burrow is going to get what Burrow wants. I’d it’s the highest paid QB with most guaranteed he will get it and no one will blink an eye or blame him. If he takes a team friendly deal (which will still be enormous money) people will just love him even more than they do and I’m not sure that’s possible.
Reply/Quote
Kinda seems like a fairy tale. Bengals get indoor facility. Burrow and players rave about Zac and the staff. Bill Parcell’s calls Zac & Lou the best duo of coaches in the entire NFL. Bengals go to SB, win AFC, and then make it again. FO hits FA hard three years in a row. Now Chase sounds the alarm they plan to keep them together. Gentleman that’s 100% about people being happy. Hats off to Zac, Duke, and the Browns.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 06:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: We should take a poll for who gets the most hyped for any kind of positive talk/post/rumor around here.

You need to put an exclamation mark after every sentence to keep up with Brad! 
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 07:52 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Kinda seems like a fairy tale. Bengals get indoor facility. Burrow and players rave about Zac and the staff. Bill Parcell’s calls Zac & Lou the best duo of coaches in the entire NFL. Bengals go to SB, win AFC, and then make it again. FO hits FA hard three years in a row. Now Chase sounds the alarm they plan to keep them together. Gentleman that’s 100% about people being happy. Hats off to Zac, Duke, and the Browns.

That is a brilliant observation.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think Joe should strike a deal as a Bengal's assistant GM and cap consultant.
Bengals pay him 10 million a year in consulting fees.
Then pay him 35 million a year for 10 years to be our QB with 70% guaranteed.

The 35 million would be cap and cash requirements. The admin. job would not be subject to the cap. This way Joe. B. could be a voice in the room on draft day and signing FA's.

I think it is fair if he takes a pay cut to give him a voice on roster decisions.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 08:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think Joe should strike a deal as a Bengal's assistant GM and cap consultant.
Bengals pay him 10 million a year in consulting fees.
Then pay him 35 million a year for 10 years to be our QB with 70% guaranteed.

The 35 million would be cap and cash requirements. The admin. job would not be subject to the cap. This way Joe. B. could be a voice in the room on draft day and signing FA's.

I think it is fair if he takes a pay cut to give him a voice on roster decisions.

How serious are we being here?  This seems like itd be a violation of some sort.  If not, i think they should pay Burrow 500k per year to play QB and 59.5 million per year to be the new Bengals VP of keeping it real. 
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 06:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: We should take a poll for who gets the most hyped for any kind of positive talk/post/rumor around here.

Kevin would give him a run for his money
Reply/Quote

I'm pretty sure 8 years ago we were talking about how building the entire franchise around Jeremy Hill was the key to multiple SB wins. 
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 09:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm pretty sure 8 years ago we were talking about how building the entire franchise around Jeremy Hill was the key to multiple SB wins. 

You like living on that island don’t you?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

the only person who likes exclamation points more than I do   Cool

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote