Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chief Fans thoughts on Bengals
(12-27-2021, 01:47 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lol exactly what I was gonna say. We have to revisit that board if we win.

I wonder if these guys even remember 2003?

Great comparison. Half of them probably aren't even Chiefs fans so much as Mahomes fanboys. That's the most unfortunate trend in sports, IMO. Most of the young guys don't follow teams anymore. They pick one great player and become fans of HIM.

Brady fans
Mahome fans
LeBron fans
Steph fans
Etc

My son follows Kevin Durant. His friend follows Paul George and Russell Wilson.

I think that phenomenon is more prevalent in the NBA. They've literally marketed players for 40 years now. I'm pretty sure Arrowhead has been one of the more raucous and hostile places to play long before Mahomes came along. Honestly the same can be said about Golden State fans. That Oakland coliseum was one of the better home court advantages for a long time.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 01:57 AM)jason Wrote: I think that phenomenon is more prevalent in the NBA. They've literally marketed players for 40 years now. I'm pretty sure Arrowhead has been one of the more raucous and hostile places to play long before Mahomes came along. Honestly the same can be said about Golden State fans. That Oakland coliseum was one of the better home court advantages for a long time.

I'm not talking about the guys filling the stadium or the local hard-core fans.

I'm talking the average young sports fan. Tom Brady has a giant fan base that follows only him.

I see them all the time on the internet. They're quite a sensitive bunch. Just mention Brady vs Bill or "deflation" and you'll see what I mean. LOL

I will agree it's way more prevalent in the NBA, but it's crept into the NFL a bit lately. I do remember when people followed teams in the NBA more than players. Even during Jordan's days.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 01:15 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It’s not going to be up to Joe Burrow. It will be up to Trey Hendrickson and Chidobe Awuzie.

I highly doubt the defense will be able to contain Mahomes/Hill/Kelce/CEH (Josh Johnson just carved us up for 300 yds 2 TD’s). We’ll most likely have to win in a shootout. So yes, it will likely be up to Burrow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:38 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: One poster’s comment is just calling the fanbase “Appalachian hill folk”

Aren't we?  I read that as "good people."

Fine with being an underdog in this one. It will get Joe^2 revved up. Just have to figure out a way to keep Kelce under 200 yards.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 02:01 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not talking about the guys filling the stadium or the local hard-core fans.

I'm talking the average young sports fan. Tom Brady has a giant fan base that follows only him.

I see them all the time on the internet. They're quite a sensitive bunch. Just mention Brady vs Bill or "deflation" and you'll see what I mean. :lol:

I will agree it's way more prevalent in the NBA, but it's crept into the NFL a bit lately.

Oh yeah for sure... It's definitely a thing with younger fans too. I hate frontrunning with a passion. I'd sorta been a guy with no NBA team since the Sonics left Seattle. I pulled for LeBron when he was in Ohio, but couldn't follow to Miami or LA. It got old rooting against OKC, so my buddy and I adopted the Knicks last year. It was a pleasant surprise that they returned to being somewhat relevant.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:45 AM)Joelist Wrote: Except that our pass protection is NOT "ass". There is FAR more to pass protection to how many sacks, especially when your QB causes more than a few of them himself with his play style. Is it outstanding? No. Does it give Burrow a pocket he can move in and time to throw on most drop backs? Yes.

Then there is acting like we've played a puff schedule this season. Sorry. We've played the 6th toughest schedule in the NFL - ironically it has stayed the same all season. The Chiefs have had the 11th hardest and likewise it has stayed pretty much the same all season.

We actually match up decently against them. Our DL with Reader back is one of the best they have faced all year and gets pressure without blitzing. We have good secondary players and if Logan Wilson returns LB looks decent too.

Offensively we have multiple weapons and can both run and pass the ball well. Our biggest issue this season has been inconsistency and shooting ourselves in the foot - if we don't turn it over this can be anyone's game.

As usual Joelist nails it. Also Hubbard is the perfect End to play against Mahomes, he can keep him in the pocket while the 
freak Hendrickson comes from the blindside. I see the Chiefs fans overlooking us and hope the same applies to the coaches 
and players. It is kind of the perfect situation for us as long as we take care of our bidness and play disciplined.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 02:09 AM)jason Wrote: Oh yeah for sure... It's definitely a thing with younger fans too. I hate frontrunning with a passion. I'd sorta been a guy with no NBA team since the Sonics left Seattle. I pulled for LeBron when he was in Ohio, but couldn't follow to Miami or LA. It got old rooting against OKC, so my buddy and I adopted the Knicks last year. It was a pleasant surprise that they returned to being somewhat relevant.

I'm a huge NBA fan with no favorite team or player.

I have guys I like (such as Giannis for his old school humble attitude), but not being a true fan of anyone is really a unique experience. I usually just pick the underdog team in the Finals and cheer for them, temporarily.

I wish the NBA would just bring back the Sonics. They got it right with ditching the Bobcats in favor of the Hornets and giving them their history back. Now we just need the Sonics.

--------

To try and stay somewhat OT, I actually started out as a Chiefs fan. Loved Joe Montana. The story of an old legend losing his job, then trying to recapture the magic elsewhere. The Bengals were awful when I became interested in football, so I rolled with the Chiefs.

When Shake and Blake hit Cincy, I started drifting back to the home team. Hence the name.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 02:35 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm a huge NBA fan with no favorite team or player.

I have guys I like (such as Giannis for his old school humble attitude), but not being a true fan of anyone is really a unique experience. I usually just pick the underdog team in the Finals and cheer for them, temporarily.

I wish the NBA would just bring back the Sonics. They got it right with ditching the Bobcats in favor of the Hornets and giving them their history back. Now we just need the Sonics.

--------

To try and stay somewhat OT, I actually started out as a Chiefs fan. Loved Joe Montana. The story of an old legend losing his job, then trying to recapture the magic elsewhere. The Bengals were awful when I became interested in football, so I rolled with the Chiefs.

When Shake and Blake hit Cincy, I started drifting back to the home team. Hence the name.

All understandable. Bring back the Sonics for sure. 

Shawn Kemp and Gary Payton are some of my favorite memories of the NBA. Also like Giannis today.

Joe Montana was my Mother's fave QB. I liked the guy a lot, just liked Boomer and our team better. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
They act like JoeyB is going to be afraid of their dline. They apparently don’t realize he faces TJ Watt and Myles Garrett twice a year. Oh and this year faced both Bosa brothers and Max Crosby. Joe isn’t afraid of any defense

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 03:16 AM)pally Wrote: They act like JoeyB is going to be afraid of their dline.  They apparently don’t realize he faces TJ Watt and Myles Garrett twice a year.  Oh and this year faced both Bosa brothers and Max Crosby.  Joe isn’t afraid of any defense

They clearly don’t know a whole lot about this years Bengal team. 
Reply/Quote
While they make some good points.

"All about COVID list to me. If the Chiefs stay clean there and get Kelce back, they’re going to roll in this one.
The Chiefs DL just matches up so well against the Bengals OL. Burrow is excellent but the OL is full of turnstiles."

"Sure, they have great weapons, but they’ve been wildly inconsistent….especially this month."

This one was just flat out wrong:
"Ugliest uniforms ever!"

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 01:01 AM)UKWhoDey Wrote: I don't blame them for their arrogance, but we've got plenty to be cocky about too.  That being said, until we go and punch them in the mouth and take the W, it is what it is.

We had a tremendous performance against a hated rival today.  Celebrate tonight.  But you've got to turn the page and get after it tomorrow.  You want to make a statement and erase the sour taste out of some of the losses we've had this year that came right on the cusp of the nation crowning us, you go and you do to the Chiefs what you did to Baltimore.

I can't believe Cleveland v Pittsburgh is the SNF next week instead of us v KC.  Who was smoking what when they signed off on that.  This is the AFC Championship preview! WHO DEY

I can't believe nobody corrected your nutty statement.

Minnesota v Greenbay is the next SNF next week.

Cleveland v Pittsburgh is the next MNF next week. 

What were you smoking when you wrote the post?   Mellow
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:38 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: One poster’s comment is just calling the fanbase “Appalachian hill folk”

It should be a good battle between The Cincinnati 'Appalachian hill folk' Bengals and The Kansas City Football Team. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:23 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Brace yourself….

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341538

I laughed at "everything in Ohio sucks ass".  Coming from Missouri.   Hilarious

One poster said we are Jekyll and Hyde, and that is somewhat true....that they will beat a contender and get beat by a dud, but I sure think the Bengals will be out for blood given that it all but hands them the AFC North and week 17 could be used as a bye week.  
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:40 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Gotta love people from a shithole like KC talking trash about another city.

Don't worry about opinions of tornado shithole trailer trash. Ohio and vicinity only get em once in awhile instead of every freakin spring like clockwork.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 08:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I laughed at "everything in Ohio sucks ass".  Coming from Missouri.   Hilarious

One poster said we are Jekyll and Hyde, and that is somewhat true....that they will beat a contender and get beat by a dud, but I sure think the Bengals will be out for blood given that it all but hands them the AFC North and week 17 could be used as a bye week.  

Misery ain't much better, eh? I hope Joey has the hot hands going into this one. I'd settle for being accused of sucking up to the league.. Who knows? Maybe Maholms will leave the jungle in worse shape than Bogart in the Treasure of the Sierra Madras..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
This coming Sunday I will be in Wilmington at my sister's watching the game on their living room TV as I did the first Baltimore blowout in October. Also, in high school I lived in the KC area, in Overland Park, and my sister still lives in Johnson County, KS. The Chiefs are my second-favorite team and I was happy they won the Super Bowl against the 49ers no less.

But of course I want the Bengals to win this coming Sunday. If Travis Kelce is back, the Chiefs will try a bunch of those middle throws to him because they have to have seen big tight ends chew up the Bengals before. Otherwise, Patrick Mahomes will try a few deep throws and specialty running plays with Tyreek Hill, Pringle, and Robinson.

Most of the Chiefs fanbase comes from Johnson County, KS because the people on the Missouri side are mostly too poor to have season tickets or even go to individual games. As with every large American city, KC has gone through changes over the decades. The high school I attended, Shawnee Mission South, was white bread WASP and across I-435 there was nothing but farmland for miles. Now, it's nothing but suburban sprawl and the area is way more diverse. When my niece was getting ready for high school I asked if she was going to South. She wrinkled her nose in disgust and said, "Hell no! They have gangs there."

Are the Chiefs beatable? Yes. Can the Bengals do it? Yes. We'll see.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:23 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Brace yourself….

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341538
Somebody forward this link to JoeyB..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 10:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Somebody forward this link to JoeyB..... Hilarious

He's gonna read a couple of the first few lines and just say: "Okay." And then just get back down to business.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 10:56 AM)Interceptor Wrote: He's gonna read a couple of the first few lines and just say: "Okay." And then just get back down to business.

Then throw for 600 yards and run for 100.  IN the press conference Joe is asked, "any extra motivation for this game?" 

Joe: "Maybe"
Reply/Quote