Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnati ABC affiliate calling for boycott of bengals
(05-01-2017, 03:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: However, there aren't too many weeks that pass without an arrest. Is a DUI less of an offense than hitting a woman? Probably. Although a DUI could result in an accident that kills multiple people. DUI's basically get a free pass from the media.

I listen to media members, Mo Eggar comes to mind recently, and it simply seems like some people try to impress their moral relativity as being THE ideal set of morale's. If you say something along the lines of "I don't think he shouldn't be able to play again I just don't want him here" then you are saying that if it was up to me he would not be able to work again. If that is true for Joe Mixon, then all those friends and family members who have had those DUI's you most likely know statistically speaking, do you say that to them as well? If you believe that no one convicted of a felony should be allowed to prosper after their conviction then that is fine. If you start trying to pick and choose which ones that have "repaid their debt to society" you have now entered an area that is simply hypocritical.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 03:58 PM)grampahol Wrote: An ABC affiliate trying to get people to tune in to their station when most people are going to be watching football? 

Yep.  Did they broadcast OK games when he played there?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I don't get the Burfict hate. They wrongfully put him in the category with Jones. Burfict just emotional and love football. He's never been arrested or been a problem off the field. In the mean time the Browns pick a guy who just punched a women knocking her and a tooth out. They get praised for their draft.

How many star players have the Steelers lost to substance abuse and suspension? Yet not a peep on their "risks". Just praise.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The whole thing smacks of virtue signaling by the media; which is laughable.
Reply/Quote
So, the kid should just kill himself. Would they boycott McDonald's if they hired him? The media is turning this into a shit show. If you ever get a chance to read Zizek on "anemic liberal multiculturalism" it's worth your time. Pathetic bastards.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
If the parties involved have moved on why can't everybody else. It's only a circus because he was selected by the Bengals simple as that. If NE, Pitt or even Seattle drafted this guy the media would be praising them for giving this kid another chance, for reaching out to help him. It's just the same old media hatred against the Bengals (most of it rightfully so) but to hear Stephen A. Smith say he should have went to a winning program is just hypocritical. Every team in the league has these players. I don't think anyone Deserves a 2nd chance, I hate hearing that, everyone has the ability to earn a 2nd chance depending on how they portray themself after the incident. It's up to the teams to decide if he has earned a 2nd chance and the Bengals must feel that he has.
Reply/Quote
Yawn whiney media B*****'s just looking for reactions
Reply/Quote
I swear, they keep this crap up and they are going to force me to buy the kid's jersey...... Cool

No boycott calls against Pissburgh and the rapist. No boycott calls when the Ravens had a player involved with a murder... but let's do everything we can to ruin this kid's life....
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 04:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I swear, they keep this crap up and they are going to force me to buy the kid's jersey...... Cool

No boycott calls against Pissburgh and the rapist. No boycott calls when the Ravens had a player involved with a murder... but let's do everything we can to ruin this kid's life....

They keep it up and I might boycott abc. Move on already. The parties involved are trying to, we should follow suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 04:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: I listen to media members, Mo Eggar comes to mind recently, and it simply seems like some people try to impress their moral relativity as being THE ideal set of morale's. If you say something along the lines of "I don't think he shouldn't be able to play again I just don't want him here" then you are saying that if it was up to me he would not be able to work again. If that is true for Joe Mixon, then all those friends and family members who have had those DUI's you most likely know statistically speaking, do you say that to them as well? If you believe that no one convicted of a felony should be allowed to prosper after their conviction then that is fine. If you start trying to pick and choose which ones that have "repaid their debt to society" you have now entered an area that is simply hypocritical.

I noticed that there is a certain subset of the population too that for instance Person 1 gets charged for a pretty severe crime like Hernandez, and Person 2 gets charged for a crime against animals like Vick...that a certain percentage of people will think that Person 2's crime was more severe as it was against animals.
Reply/Quote
Where was their moral outrage when these same Bengals drafted a guy that forced his schlong down a 14 yo girls throat?
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 05:04 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: Where was their moral outrage when these same Bengals drafted a guy that forced his schlong down a 14 yo girls throat?

There was no video, therefor there was no outrage.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 05:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: There was no video, therefor there was no outrage.

I wasn't too keen on that pick either.....I wanted Freeman that draft.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 05:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: I wasn't too keen on that pick either.....

I'm sure, many who knew the story didn't, but it was under almost all media outlets radio. It was more a general statement but noted haha.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 05:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'm sure, many who knew the story didn't, but it was under almost all media outlets radio. It was more a general statement but noted haha.

Wink ....yeah, I forgot to add (which I edited), I was lobbying for Devonta Freeman for our RB pick that season.....ESPECIALLY considering Hill's little deal there.  That said, Hill's been trouble free during his time in Cincy.....just wish he had been more productive.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 04:02 PM)R3stangs Wrote: The funny part was in the comments section where someone had the nerve to claim the Bengals will do whatever it takes to win.

Model concept.  

I don't condone what the kit did obviously.  Even so, it's not Mike Brown, Marvin Lewis or any other Bengals reps job to instill morals in our society through their football team - although you'd think by reading the outrage it is.

The NFL is a business and winning is how you measure success in the business that is the NFL.  There are idiots on every teams roster.  This kid made a big mistake, that doesn't mean he never has the right to make a living.  By the way the media has covered this you'd think he deserves to be busting rock in prison for the remainder of his life.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 05:53 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Model concept.  

I don't condone what the kit did obviously.  Even so, it's not Mike Brown, Marvin Lewis or any other Bengals reps job to instill morals in our society through their football team - although you'd think by reading the outrage it is.

The NFL is a business and winning is how you measure success in the business that is the NFL.  There are idiots on every teams roster.  This kid made a big mistake, that doesn't mean he never has the right to make a living.  By the way the media has covered this you'd think he deserves to be busting rock in prison for the remainder of his life.

if the 2 people involved in the incident can sit down like adults forgive each other and move on with it.... The rest of the world has no business caring.
Reply/Quote
We should save all these articles for when Mixon carries us to a Super Bowl win.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 05:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if the 2 people involved in the incident can sit down like adults forgive each other and move on with it.... The rest of the world has no business caring.

Paid debt to society? Check
Settled issues with victim? Check
Satisfied fake societal moral outrage? TBD
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 05:20 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Wink ....yeah, I forgot to add (which I edited), I was lobbying for Devonta Freeman for our RB pick that season.....ESPECIALLY considering Hill's little deal there.  That said, Hill's been trouble free during his time in Cincy.....just wish he had been more productive.

I've heard rumblings about Hill to Kansas City. Not sure if there's any meat on that bone, though.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote