Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnati ABC affiliate calling for boycott of bengals
(05-01-2017, 02:49 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Cry Cry Cry

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cincinnati-tv-station-calls-for-boycott-of-bengals-after-team-drafts-joe-mixon/amp/

Cincinnati TV station calls for boycott of Bengals after team drafts Joe Mixon
By John Breech Apr 29, 2017 • 3 min read

The most controversial player in the NFL Draft is already causing controversy in Cincinnati.
The ABC affiliate in the city, which could potentially be airing an NFL wild-card playoff game this season, is calling for a boycott of the Bengals following the team's selection of Joe Mixonduring the second round of the NFL Draft on Friday.
"Enough is enough, Bengals. We can excuse another season without winning a playoff game. We can't excuse drafting a player like Joe Mixon," the station wrote in an editorial. "Instead of buying a Bengals ticket this year, take the $50 or more you would have spent on that ticket and donate the money to a nonprofit that works to prevent violence against women."
As for Mixon, he sounded thankful that there was a team out there that was willing to take a risk on him.

As likely the most controversial player in the NFL Draft -- Mixon was shown punching a woman in the face on a 2014 security video -- the former Oklahoma running back had no idea when he was going to be drafted this week, so when the call finally came from the Bengals, he got emotional.  
"You know, I am still sitting here crying. I can't believe it. I can't believe it," Mixon said in a conference call, via ESPN.com. "You know, I am thankful and very honored to be a part of -- to be a Cincinnati Bengal."
Mixon was viewed as such a risk in the draft that 28 of the league's 32 teams reportedly took him off their draft board. Fortunately for Mixon, the Bengals weren't one of those teams.
Bengals coach Marvin Lewis has seen the video, which shows Mixon throwing a punch that left Ameila Molitor with several fractured bones in her face, and he's not trying to downplay what happened.

"I don't know who isn't disgusted with what they saw," Lewis said on Friday.
The Bengals coach then added that it's time for Mixon to "move forward."
"That's one day in a young man's life, and he's had to live that since then and he will continue to have to live that, and he gets an opportunity to move forward and write his script from then on," Lewis said. "It's come to a conclusion with the young lady. They've come to their statements, her statement about how they both could've handled the day better. But again, that doesn't change it."
Mixon and Molitor reached a civil settlement in the case on April 21, although terms weren't disclosed. For Mixon, he says the entire incident changed him.

"It changed me a lot as a person, the way you think, the way you carry yourself, go about things," Mixon said. "I'm going to continue to keep doing the right thing around the community, on and off the field. And I'm going to prove to them why they kept me. Leaving from Oklahoma, I still have their name, at the end of the day. I'm going to do whatever I can to make them proud and make them happy. I'm looking forward to doing that with the Cincinnati Bengals as well."
For the Bengals, who have a well-known reputation for taking a chance on players who other teams might consider a character risk, Lewis says there wasn't really any risk with the pick because the team did its homework on Mixon.
"Joe's situation kind of came to a settlement in all ways this week, which also led us to feel better about the opportunity here and to move forward," Lewis said. "We've done all of our due diligence we can do, time spent interviewing people, everybody around him, everybody around his background, people that have coached at Oklahoma for insight regarding him and how he has carried himself since that day."
Although many fans will be able to accept Mixon, the pick could end up backfiring if the former Oklahoma running back gets into any trouble while he's in Cincinnati.

Cry
Didn't the little slut attack him first? I guess he's supposed to just stand there and let her **** him up. If she can't take a punch don't be hitting on a man that just may knock her face in. AmeriKKKa a ******n joke
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 03:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Browns likely did get pressure. Their GM made a statement that they might waive him depending on what happens.

When you take a guy that hit a woman...I think 80-90% of people will be against it. The ones that aren't...are the fans of the team.
She hit him first, he done right in my book! Its self defense if its not anything else. He should've knocked her head off, no reason she should be alive going around to ruin the life of another man.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 10:46 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: Didn't the little slut attack him first? I guess he's supposed to just stand there and let her **** him up. If she can't take a punch don't be hitting on a man that just may knock her face in. AmeriKKKa a ******n joke

Yikes Shocked

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 08:56 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: -2 counts misdemeanor battery(30 day jail term)
-Tested positive for Marijuana while serving time
-Domestic Abuse charges filed by girlfriend against him but later dropped

All before the draft. Guess who this is?

Randy Moss

Without second chances we would have never heard of getting "Mossed" . Dude has his own verb.......

Wow. Watching a special on him right now.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 10:46 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: Didn't the little slut attack him first? I guess he's supposed to just stand there and let her **** him up. If she can't take a punch don't be hitting on a man that just may knock her face in. AmeriKKKa a ******n joke
Wow........... under what rock did you just crawl out from?
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 10:50 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: She hit him first, he done right in my book! Its self defense if its not anything else. He should've knocked her head off, no reason she should be alive going around to ruin the life of another man.

Shocked Hope this is some kind of poorly worded joke
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 03:21 PM)basballguy Wrote: Here's an idea.  Let's brand a guy for life for what happened when he was a teenager and still maturing.  I get the Pacman hate, the Vontez hate....etc...but FFS, let's give the kid a chance to grow up.

i agree 100%  :andy:
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 06:00 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: I've heard rumblings about Hill to Kansas City. Not sure if there's any meat on that bone, though.

Maybe the Bengals are in talks about a Hill/Hill trade. If we got Tyrek Hill the media would lose their minds more than they are already. So why not. OMG let me get to my SAFE PLACE before that goes down.
Reply/Quote
#FAKENEWS
Reply/Quote
I'll buy a Mixon jersey just to piss people off
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 12:17 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: I'll buy a Mixon jersey just to piss people off

i love you ricky spanish
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 12:01 AM)LebanonFan Wrote: Shocked Hope this is some kind of poorly worded joke

Have you seen the video, I see her push him, then she smacks him. Both of her attacks are clearly visible. Wtf...there is a video out there? She pushed then smacked him, she got what she deserve. 
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 11:59 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: Wow........... under what rock did you just crawl out from?

I've been under the rock where they stream video, you've been under a rock that only allows you access to this forum because I clearly see her push him, then smack him. 
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 02:51 PM)Joelist Wrote: As usual the media being dopey.

This station should just GFT....loudly.
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
I wonder how WCPO would feel if the Bengals elected to revoke all media credentials to home games. Good luck selling your sports segment without any news on the Bengals during football season. That would be my response as a team owner if a local media outlet decided to "boycott" my team. This is complete sensationalism clickbait bull. I say this as a flaming liberal so don't group this crap into that liberal media category. WCPO is selling out to get viewers. If they were truly liberal, they would be for giving the kid a second chance to be a contributing member of society rather than condemning him and his team for eternity. Ye who is without sin, cast the first stone.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 10:50 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: She hit him first, he done right in my book! Its self defense if its not anything else. He should've knocked her head off, no reason she should be alive going around to ruin the life of another man.

Just wow.  Angry much?  Did someone not get enough hugs as a kid?  
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 04:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I swear, they keep this crap up and they are going to force me to buy the kid's jersey...... Cool

No boycott calls against Pissburgh and the rapist. No boycott calls when the Ravens had a player involved with a murder... but let's do everything we can to ruin this kid's life....
Or for the Ravens when Rice knocked out his fiancee and the Ravens weren't going to do anything until their was a public outcry.

Winning cures all, I guess.

What Mixon did was horrible, but think, as many have said, about how much he was provoked.  Also look at his actions after it and see that he didn't yell at her or stand over her like a person does if they're happy that they hit someone or are full of hate, but rather he just walked away like he immediately regretted it.

What he did was wrong, but to boycott the Bengals for this is just looking for attention when you take all things into consideration.
(05-01-2017, 06:00 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: I've heard rumblings about Hill to Kansas City. Not sure if there's any meat on that bone, though.

For a future draft or what?  Be incredible if we at least got something for him.  
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 03:21 PM)basballguy Wrote: Here's an idea.  Let's brand a guy for life for what happened when he was a teenager and still maturing.  I get the Pacman hate, the Vontez hate....etc...but FFS, let's give the kid a chance to grow up.

Couldn't have said it any better...
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 02:52 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I guess the Ohio fans are out of luck then.  When the Browns draft Brantley they should have gotten similar feedback.

What about every steeler fan?  Isn't raping a woman THE worst crime you can commit against them?  Rape a couple women (that went public, there were more....it started at Miami), pay them off (one was a SEVEN figure settlement) and everything is OK?  Those women were victim shamed as well..."she knew what she was doing going in to the bathroom with him"....REALLY?  That is why he needed his linemen to block the door?  

It is absolutely disgusting how this crap is completely ignored, yet people want to boycott Mixon and the Bengals.  

Well, I didn't want the pick, but now I am starting to rally behind him because I want to waive a middle finger to the NFL, Goodell, etc. because you know GD well that this crap wouldn't be happening if he was drafted by pussburg or the patriots.

Oh, Pats had him off their board?  They didn't have a problem with having a murderer and trying to "reign him in" by signing his former college road roomie (Tebow).

Now I'm pissed.  

The double-standards here are so insane that it makes me want to vomit. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wow! Can't believe this thread has survived this long in Jungle Noise! Hilarious

One small step for the Bengals Board, one giant leap for ...
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote