Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnati ABC affiliate calling for boycott of bengals
(05-01-2017, 05:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: Paid debt to society? Check
Settled issues with victim? Check
Satisfied fake societal moral outrage? TBD

I think the mainstream media went down with Hillary in the 2016 election.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bengals will just cancel their contract and give it to someone else. Anyone ever heard of breach of contract lol

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 05:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if the 2 people involved in the incident can sit down like adults forgive each other and move on with it.... The rest of the world has no business caring.

Cause the media is a bunch of PC pansy hypocrites that want to force this down everyones throat as long as their ratings go up. The media is nothing but a bunch of sharks that smell blood in the water. They cause more damage but refusing to let a story go even when the parties involved have moved on.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 03:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's where I'm at too. It was horrible. You'll never be able to talk me into thinking that she had it coming.

Lets just call it what it is and that's a horrible action and hope that he learned from it...which from his interviews I'd say he has.

Except she DID have it coming....

I know it's not very PC to say this, but if you lay your hands on somebody and initiate physical confrontation, don't be surprised when they end it.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 05:20 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Wink ....yeah, I forgot to add (which I edited), I was lobbying for Devonta Freeman for our RB pick that season.....ESPECIALLY considering Hill's little deal there.  That said, Hill's been trouble free during his time in Cincy.....just wish he had been more productive.

Ya know, I think you just hit the nail on the head with the logic behind the Joe Mixon pick.

I think they're looking at running backs in the NFL, and saying okay, even if this guy is an all-time great we'll get, what? 7 years out of him? And if he's decent then you get maybe 3-5 years before he goes somewhere else and you move on to improve the position.

He's already been clean for close to 3 years, so the odds of him getting into trouble are actully pretty low. You gotta commend ML and the F.O. for not giving into the outrage machine. Mixon could be a game changer.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
Reply/Quote
So they want this kid to never get another job again and sit in a corner somewhere and die for a mistake he made in his 20s?

The hypocrisy of the world kills me sometimes.

I just cant believe people cared this much about violence against females until they saw this kid was gonna get drafted.
Reply/Quote
I'm MUCH more likely to boycott channel 9 than I am The Bengals.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 05:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if the 2 people involved in the incident can sit down like adults forgive each other and move on with it.... The rest of the world has no business caring.

This really is the bottom line.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 04:02 PM)R3stangs Wrote: The funny part was in the comments section where someone had the nerve to claim the Bengals will do whatever it takes to win.

If that were true, we'd have gotten a new head coach a couple years ago.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 06:56 PM)Housh Wrote: So they want this kid to never get another job again and sit in a corner somewhere and die for a mistake he made in his 20s?

The hypocrisy of the world kills me sometimes.

I just cant believe people cared this much about violence against females until they saw this kid was gonna get drafted.

Actually he was 18 but I heard 17 somewhere. Not saying this makes it ok by any means. The media was just waiting for the Bengals to pick this kid up. Not sure what they would have done if it was NE or Pitt.
Reply/Quote
While I may not like Mixon, they are being extremely hypocritical.

I wonder if they'll give up their free seats on the charter to away games?
Or are they just going to keep going to games and get all the free stuff anyway?
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 07:19 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Actually he was 18 but I heard 17 somewhere. Not saying this makes it ok by any means. The media was just waiting for the Bengals to pick this kid up. Not sure what they would have done if it was NE or Pitt.

It's funny because I know it's "different" but lagarrette Blount blasted a Boise state kid in the face after losing a bowl game right on national TV for no reason other than being sour they lost and not being able to take a little post game trash talk. Yet, guess which two organizations that dude has been a part of? I don't remember them being killed for having him on their teams. Thick with hypocrisy.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 07:28 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: It's funny because I know it's "different" but lagarrette Blount blasted a Boise state kid in the face after losing a bowl game right on national TV for no reason other than being sour they lost and not being able to take a little post game trash talk. Yet, guess which two organizations that dude has been a part of? I don't remember them being killed for having him on their teams. Thick with hypocrisy.

Yup. I remember watching that game. As for the Bengals, I can understand to an extent about how this team is perceived from the outside and within the community. Mike Brown dosent help our image one bit by continuing to back Adam Jones. Then throw in the past players we've had under Marvin lewis and the playoff meltdown and the other playoff meltdown we forget about when punches were thrown at halftime in the locker room in 05. Add everything up and here we are. But the witch hunt taking place right now with this kid is out of control. I was disgusted watching that video as much as anyone else, but they have since worked things out like adults and trying to move on with their lives. The media needs to do the same.
Reply/Quote
I just hope the team has a plan in place to keep this kid out of trouble. Step one, Please keep him away from Adam Jones. lol I read what Mixon said about talking to pac man, something like "he's a good dude, I'm sure he will show me around" Please Adam Jones Don't Take Mixon Out On The Town. So with that said,Good Luck Mixon.
Reply/Quote
We knew this was coming. I live in Steeler country and I saw Steelers fans calling for Ray Rice's head at the same time they were stroking themselves to the return of James Harrison.

I just remind people that there are 53 players on a football team. Find 53 random men that work anywhere and I bet you at least one of them is a piece of crapola. So be it. Acknowledge and move on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 04:02 PM)R3stangs Wrote: The funny part was in the comments section where someone had the nerve to claim the Bengals will do whatever it takes to win.

Oh, that's rich Hilarious
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I think its absolutely ridiculous how the media is. If Mixon was running for President I guess everything would be status quo and not a big deal? Whatever
Reply/Quote
What a dumb reason to boycott the Bengals. Why not boycott because they threw up all over the field last year and went and made the O-line worse for no valid reason at all.

Mixon is a risk but our O-line is certain to be subpar.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
-2 counts misdemeanor battery(30 day jail term)
-Tested positive for Marijuana while serving time
-Domestic Abuse charges filed by girlfriend against him but later dropped

All before the draft. Guess who this is?

Randy Moss

Without second chances we would have never heard of getting "Mossed" . Dude has his own verb.......
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 03:53 PM)Au165 Wrote: I am in the side that is okay moving past it, but not really cool with justifying it.

I will say am tired of the "hitting a woman" part being emphasized. Our legal system does not differentiate between hitting a woman or a man, I am not sure it does us as a society to. If he knocked out a 120lb man just as violently versus a woman there should be as much outrage, unfortunately there wouldn't be.

Agreed. I don't think Brownshoe was justifying it though. It's just pointing out that when you spit on anyone.... Ya kinda have it comin'. If that's truly what happened, I really can understand his response. I still fault him though because he appeared to follow her in. It looks like he said something to the guy with her. That dude slinks away, and then she goes at Mixon. He didn't have to pursue whatever they were talking about.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote