Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnati ABC affiliate calling for boycott of bengals
(05-01-2017, 03:21 PM)basballguy Wrote: Here's an idea.  Let's brand a guy for life for what happened when he was a teenager and still maturing.  I get the Pacman hate, the Vontez hate....etc...but FFS, let's give the kid a chance to grow up.

Just to clarify, what has Vontaze done to warrant hate?  Off the field?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 07:02 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I'm MUCH more likely to boycott channel 9 than I am The Bengals.

Is there a worse network out there?  The programming ABC offers sucks.
Reply/Quote
Rick James beotch!

Reply/Quote
Good grief can we just let the kid play football and try to move past this.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Is this Cincinnati ABC affiliate going to practice what they preach and not give any Bengal related news or not show any Bengal related highlights ?
This is outrage wrapped in hypocrisy.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 07:59 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Good grief can we just let the kid play football and try to move past this.
I agree. Especially since the victim has publically accepted Mixons apology and civil settlement. The exploiters are those that keep showing the video over and over for media views or a narrative. How does continually seeing that video help the victim or her family ?
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 06:54 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: Ya know, I think you just hit the nail on the head with the logic behind the Joe Mixon pick.

I think they're looking at running backs in the NFL, and saying okay, even if this guy is an all-time great we'll get, what? 7 years out of him? And if he's decent then you get maybe 3-5 years before he goes somewhere else and you move on to improve the position.

He's already been clean for close to 3 years, so the odds of him getting into trouble are actully pretty low. You gotta commend ML and the F.O. for not giving into the outrage machine. Mixon could be a game changer.

I'll be honest, I'm not thrilled with the pick....at all.  I have softened up since the initial outrage, and I DO believe everyone should get a second chance.  I just kinda wish it was another team giving the chance.  Oh well, nothing I can do about it, and we shouldn't judge, in a moment of weakness, I did......and you're right, he has been low key since the incident.  Hope he can keep it that way, time will tell.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 06:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: What about every steeler fan?  Isn't raping a woman THE worst crime you can commit against them?  Rape a couple women (that went public, there were more....it started at Miami), pay them off (one was a SEVEN figure settlement) and everything is OK?  Those women were victim shamed as well..."she knew what she was doing going in to the bathroom with him"....REALLY?  That is why he needed his linemen to block the door?  

It is absolutely disgusting how this crap is completely ignored, yet people want to boycott Mixon and the Bengals.  

Well, I didn't want the pick, but now I am starting to rally behind him because I want to waive a middle finger to the NFL, Goodell, etc. because you know GD well that this crap wouldn't be happening if he was drafted by pussburg or the patriots.

Oh, Pats had him off their board?  They didn't have a problem with having a murderer and trying to "reign him in" by signing his former college road roomie (Tebow).

Now I'm pissed.  

The double-standards here are so insane that it makes me want to vomit. 

Playing devil's advocate here, but isn't calling out the Stoolers for this, but supporting the Bengals for their choice kind of a double standard?

Reply/Quote
LOL

Get over it. It's a game the guy isn't running for POTUS or anything.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 08:02 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I just hope the team has a plan in place to keep this kid out of trouble. Step one, Please keep him away from Adam Jones. lol I read what Mixon said about talking to pac man, something like "he's a good dude, I'm sure he will show me around" Please Adam Jones Don't Take Mixon Out On The Town. So with that said,Good Luck Mixon.

This is EXACTLY what the Bengals need to avoid happening.....not the person who needs to be showing this kid the ropes.  Surely to goodness someone steps in and keeps that from happening.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 09:52 AM)Wyche Wrote: This is EXACTLY what the Bengals need to avoid happening.....not the person who needs to be showing this kid the ropes.  Surely to goodness someone steps in and keeps that from happening.

Not worried about it, they said they had a plan for him day 1 so I think he will be okay. Honestly, Marvin should call Ray Rice and have him kind of mentor him.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 09:54 AM)Au165 Wrote: Not worried about it, they said they had a plan for him day 1 so I think he will be okay. Honestly, Marvin should call Ray Rice and have him kind of mentor him.

Not a bad plan.....just keep him....and all of our rooks, for that matter.....away from Smackman.

Reply/Quote
Marvin just needs to have Mixon attach himself to Gio's hip and he will be fine. Actually, any of them's hip, except Pacman. He's the only one we have getting into trouble off the field.
Reply/Quote
Just stick with him Bernard, Hill, and Peerman.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 10:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Marvin just needs to have Mixon attach himself to Gio's hip and he will be fine. Actually, any of them's hip, except Pacman. He's the only one we have getting into trouble off the field.

Agreed.....

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 09:43 AM)Wyche Wrote: Playing devil's advocate here, but isn't calling out the Stoolers for this, but supporting the Bengals for their choice kind of a double standard?

If I was calling out the steelers proactively, yes.  My point was that they (media, NFL fans) love to pile on the Bengals (they DO seem to ask for it) yet never look at situations like Piggy's.  Do we hear about that every time he is announced?  Hell, no.

I can tell you this, had he raped my daughter, he would be dead, and I would be in jail.  I don't think I would have taken it that far for punching her...maybe just return the favor.
Reply/Quote
Five pages?

This is ridiculous.

I haven't read it all, but has anyone mentioned to this television station that almost every team in the league has a player (usually multiple players) who have gotten into trouble in college? Many of them involved in physical assaults liek Mixon.

Are they going to boycott every team in the league?

This is laughable.
Reply/Quote
Had to think about this response for a little bit. Yes, double standards exist in the NFL.....tied to the size of your TV viewing followers. Yes, this girl hit Mixon not once, but twice. Breaking her jaw in return was probably not the best response he could have made. But, hell's bell's.....tough to walk away from someone who's assaulting you. He should have, though. She apologized to him, he apologized to her. End of story.

WCPO? Buffoons. I looked around a little bit. Last time I saw that they televised a Bengals game was 2004.....13 years ago. So, what do they have to lose by calling for a boycott? Nothing! Maybe, just maybe, some people will listen to their nonsense and not watch the Bengals, either in person or on TV. If they get viewers away from their competition, that only benefits them.

So, the weakest local station for the Bengals is calling for their boycott. Guess who will never get another TV contract from the Bengals? Maybe they wanted some games to televise, but were rebuffed. This is their "revenge". Guess Saturday, Sunday and Monday night ratings for WCPO is going to be really light when the Bengals are playing.
Reply/Quote
So let me get this straight.. They're calling on people who don't really watch or pay attention to football to boycott the Bengals? 
Well, I am personally boycotting the luxury yatch industry and won't be buying one any time soon. It's not as if it's a matter of money..I can't afford one anyway, but darn, they take up entirely too much water..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 03:04 AM)pledgi Wrote: Just wow.  Angry much?  Did someone not get enough hugs as a kid?  

Too be honest, it's called empathy. To be able to understand a situation without going through the situation . He shouldn't be outlawed cuz she hit him first. Fair is fair, it's not about hugs.
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote