Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cincinnati "Fans" are the Worst
(09-18-2023, 06:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Not long, but the real intrigue would be what he did once he got that new job.

ZT probably falls into the "Burrow clearly did it all" narrative:
Bill Bellyache retires and ZT tries to resurrect Mac Jones, with less than stellar results I'd predict
Sean Peyton gets barred for life for Bounty Gate Denver Style and ZT fails to resurrect Russell Wilson
Mr. Taylor goes to Washington and goes full meh with a middling NFC team
ZT becomes the latest offensive mind who can't make a QB look good in Chicago

Intriguing spots:
ZT becomes HC of the Chargers where he goes for revenge with one of Burrow's main QB class rivals in Herbert
Steelers fire Matt Canada finally and ZT takes a revenge spot as their OC
Who is the HC of the Cardinals?  Who cares, ZT could take his job and....resurrect Kyler?  Develop the next guy they desperately draft?  Coax Palmer out of retirement again?

Is Herbert tho with Hursts and Tua showing outshining him as well. 

I doubt anyone would hire ZT as a OC. 

The Offense has severely underachieved, especially with what you see around the league.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:07 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: If Burrows feelings are hurt then oh well. He’s the highest paid player in history so a lot is expected. He is not untouchable. His red zone int was a horrible pass and a game changer. Those fans paid their $ so they can boo whoever they want to.

I think the boos came from 2 yard passes an Mixion running right at tackle.  Play calling is bad and predictable.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:07 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: If Burrows feelings are hurt then oh well. He’s the highest paid player in history so a lot is expected. He is not untouchable. His red zone int was a horrible pass and a game changer. Those fans paid their $ so they can boo whoever they want to.

I think the boos came from 2 yard passes an Mixion running right at tackle.  Play calling is bad and predictable.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 09:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I sat in a car ride home from the game with 5 other Bengals fans and listened to them trash Burrow for the game(s) he had. Twitter is a cesspool. Social media is on fire. People are throwing coaches, players, anyone under the bus. Everyone is dogging everyone.

But to dog Joe Burrow after two games, where he missed all of training camp, and clearly isn't 100% healthy? Man, some of you all stink. How short our memories are.

Seriously, it's embarrassing.

Same shit some of you did with Palmer, Votto, etc. Throwing trash on lawns and running guys out of town.

Better be careful for what you wish for.

That is sad stuff Weezy. No excuse for it. Mellow
Reply/Quote
I just sit here and shake my head at some of the posts. Taylor has 5 playoff wins under his belt, two AFCCG's and a Super Bowl, and people are talking like Mike Brown is going to fire him for starting 0-2... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 01:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I just sit here and shake my head at some of the posts. Taylor has 5 playoff wins under his belt, two AFCCG's and a Super Bowl, and people are talking like Mike Brown is going to fire him for starting 0-2... Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

And apparently we are learning that Zac had to severely limit the playbook because of Burrow's injury. A lot of what people are upset about in terms of play calling was necessitated by trying to protect Burrow: limiting roll outs, no snaps under center, no long developing plays but rather quick outlet passes, etc. Taylor couldn't tell the public that because it would be alerting the opposition; he has to quietly weather the criticism. 

It's a different level of magnitude, but it reminded me of the US national soccer coach who had to take criticism for years for dismissing one of his top players from the team -- because he didn't want to tell the public that that particular player was having an affair with the wife of another star player and it was disruptive to the chemistry. Only after a decade or more did one of those players tell the story and the public realized they criticized the coach for years not understanding the full story. Part of being the head of a sports team sometimes means not being able to defend yourself (i.e, openness about injuries) because it gives the opposition a competitive advantage.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 01:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I just sit here and shake my head at some of the posts. Taylor has 5 playoff wins under his belt, two AFCCG's and a Super Bowl, and people are talking like Mike Brown is going to fire him for starting 0-2... Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

Did we even fire Marvin?  ZT declines to be extended no sooner than 2039. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 04:58 PM)Nepa Wrote: And apparently we are learning that Zac had to severely limit the playbook because of Burrow's injury. A lot of what people are upset about in terms of play calling was necessitated by trying to protect Burrow: limiting roll outs, no snaps under center, no long developing plays but rather quick outlet passes, etc. Taylor couldn't tell the public that because it would be alerting the opposition; he has to quietly weather the criticism. 

It's a different level of magnitude, but it reminded me of the US national soccer coach who had to take criticism for years for dismissing one of his top players from the team -- because he didn't want to tell the public that that particular player was having an affair with the wife of another star player and it was disruptive to the chemistry. Only after a decade or more did one of those players tell the story and the public realized they criticized the coach for years not understanding the full story. Part of being the head of a sports team sometimes means not being able to defend yourself (i.e, openness about injuries) because it gives the opposition a competitive advantage.

Don't let the Browns know Burrow is hurt, just let them assume he magically turned into Paxton Lynch or something.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 11:09 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Cincy fans forgetting Vegas predicted 10.5 wins. Means we have to win slightly better that 2-3 the rest of the way. That was really not taking Joe’s injury in account.

good point. I think everything is coming up vegas, once again. I see 10-7/11-6

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 04:58 PM)Nepa Wrote: And apparently we are learning that Zac had to severely limit the playbook because of Burrow's injury. A lot of what people are upset about in terms of play calling was necessitated by trying to protect Burrow: limiting roll outs, no snaps under center, no long developing plays but rather quick outlet passes, etc. Taylor couldn't tell the public that because it would be alerting the opposition; he has to quietly weather the criticism. 

but didnt he say that recently?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 06:58 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: but didnt he say that recently?

Maybe he's going to open it up a bit more. I'm just hoping that Burrow gets healthy, and we make the playoffs. We don't need to win the division, because I think we can make some noise if we just make the playoffs with a healthy Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I never understood why they don’t just copy other team’s plays. See a good play?  Steal it. See a formation that created favorable matchups?  Steal it. Copy everything.

Right like China.
Reply/Quote
Nobody could hate on Joe if he was made to sit until he was fully healthy because Burrow at 100% is an elite QB.
Zac played him hurt which opens the door for him to get trashed by fans for bad play.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 08:22 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Nobody could hate on Joe if he was made to sit until he was fully healthy because Burrow at 100% is an elite QB.
Zac played him hurt which opens the door for him to get trashed by fans for bad play.

Every "fan" knows he's hurt, and has been since camp. They trash him because that's what they do, tear other people down to make themselves feel better about themself.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 06:58 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: but didnt he say that recently?

Did Taylor say they had dialed back the playbook? I only read it on some Bengals sites and comments from Paul Dehner, without any quote attributed to Taylor or the coaches.
Reply/Quote
I suffered through two lost decades of miserable football, the Dave Shula era and the likes of Bruce Coslet and Dick LeBeau…quarterback catastrophes such as David Klingler and Akili Smith, more injury and tragedy one should ever have to witness in Kijana Carter, David Pollack and Odell Thurman and Chris Henry…more behavioral issues than I care to list…..so I have more than earned my right to criticize bad Bengal football…..and the last two weeks has been bad..from Burrow to Zac Taylor to Lou to the defense….like a Bengal has earned its stripes….I have earned my scars
Reply/Quote