Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
City in Virginia cracking down on swearing
Arlington Virginia, just raised the fine for uttering obscene language from $100, to $250.

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/06/virginia-just-banned-using-cuss-words-in-public/

That ought to generate some attention from the free speech defenders.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-17-2015, 05:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Arlington Virginia, just raised the fine for uttering obscene language from $100, to $250.

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/06/virginia-just-banned-using-cuss-words-in-public/

Who gives a flyin ****?!?!  Doubt they'll enforce this worthless bullshit.

Dumb motherfuckers...this is what they're worried about?!?!
(06-17-2015, 05:13 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Who gives a flyin ****?!?!  Doubt they'll enforce this worthless bullshit.

Dumb motherfuckers...this is what they're worried about?!?!

No, this law was not written in the 1800s, and yes the police are actually enforcing a Virginia ban on using “curse words”.

If you are in the City of Arlington, you could be faced with a $250 if you say words that county officials have defined as “profanity”.

The Arlington County Board recently approved the bizarre measure which increases penalties for both public intoxication as well as what they are calling “blue language” from $100 to $250.

This code change was adopted during last Saturday’s board meeting, not in 1852. It came at the request of the Arlington Police Department itself, which reported making 664 arrests for public inebriation as well as “potty language” in 2014 alone!

Now, they say they want more latitude, to include a wider array of words that they can arrest people for.

We asked the police as well as city officials how many of those 664 arrests were specifically for the use of such “blue language,” but both declined to tell us the break down.

The city officials did note, however, that the new revised regulation replaced the word “drunkenness” with “intoxication” so they can more easily crack down on anyone if they appear “intoxicated” even if they do not have any alcohol in their system.

This ordinance adopted by Arlington is not unique to the city. It actually brings the city in line with the broader, statewide Virginia law which bans “profanity” and classifies it as a Class 4 misdemeanor, punishable by a fine of up to $250.

Help SPREAD THE WORD, if you believe the government and police should not be allowed to tell you which WORDS you are allowed to use!

Just be sure not to get drunk in public, and swear at the officer, as they are arresting you.  Double whammy.. Shocked

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Moving from Virginia Beach up to Arlington.

[Image: no-swearing-sign.jpg]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-17-2015, 05:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Arlington Virginia, just raised the fine for uttering obscene language from $100, to $250.

Perfect example of a Teddy Roosevelt style progressive idea.

I agree that some decency needs to be had but we can't muzzle people who are just morons. You just gotta get away from the morons.

it's good for kids to see how not to behave. I remember my parents pointing out rude people and telling me that's not how we behave....
(06-17-2015, 09:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Perfect example of a Teddy Roosevelt style progressive idea.    

No it isn't.  Teddy Roosevelt never suggested anything like this.
(06-17-2015, 09:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:    I remember my parents pointing out rude people and telling me that's not how we behave....

Your parents were stealing your freedom.  They sound just like Hitler.
What if I'm playing NWA with the windows down at an acceptable volume?
(06-17-2015, 10:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No it isn't.  Teddy Roosevelt never suggested anything like this.

Yeah cause TR never attempted these type things while in New York....

Obviously he wouldn't ban swear words as president. But he micro managed everyone and everything. .... Because he knew best.
(06-17-2015, 10:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Your parents were stealing your freedom.  They sound just like Hitler.

Kids don't get freedom. Only what their parents give them... As it should be...
(06-17-2015, 10:19 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: What if I'm playing NWA with the windows down at an acceptable volume?

Wonder if that would be a noise violation and only a awearing fine if you were singing along.  
(06-17-2015, 10:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Your parents were stealing your freedom.  They sound just like Hitler.

What the hell??

Oh, that's right.  Father Fred knows best for everyone...  LOL

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
These often don't hold up well to legal challenges.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-17-2015, 10:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Kids don't get freedom.   Only what their parents give them...   As it should be...

Someone is going to put that on a pro-choice bumper sticker and attribute the quote to you.
(06-18-2015, 01:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Someone is going to put that on a pro-choice bumper sticker and attribute the quote to you.

Done

[Image: puhHda3.jpg]
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(06-18-2015, 01:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Someone is going to put that on a pro-choice bumper sticker and attribute the quote to you.

Yeah my kids have a choice to do what their mother and I deam appropriate. Their only choices are very narrow and within the scope of what we wish.
(06-18-2015, 03:06 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Done

Haha love it
(06-18-2015, 03:06 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Done

Finally, a bumper sticker that I can believe in!
(06-18-2015, 03:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haha love it

(06-18-2015, 03:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Finally, a bumper sticker that I can believe in!

We need to do more of these when we get some great quotes.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(06-18-2015, 03:32 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: We need to do more of these when we get some great quotes.

It's awesome. This gave me a good laugh.