Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
City in Virginia cracking down on swearing
(06-22-2015, 09:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Don't tell Dino; it will absolutely crush him.

Oh heck no.  I'm glad you can google things and get them right.

You must have finished college.  No drop out could be that educated. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-22-2015, 10:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have never seen someone fight so hard in favor of poor manners.

I have never seen someone dodge so many questions.

Is Steve Jobs a "low class uneducated moron"?

How about Dick Cheney?

George W Bush?

Donald Trump?
(06-22-2015, 10:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have never seen someone dodge so many questions.

Is Steve Jobs a "low class uneducated moron"?

How about Dick Cheney?

George W Bush?

Donald Trump?

Idk post some behavior in public and I will tell you if they have poor manners or not.
(06-22-2015, 11:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Idk post some behavior in public and I will tell you if they have poor manners or not.

They have all cursed in public.  Cheney did it on the Senate floor.
(06-22-2015, 11:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They have all cursed in public.  Cheney did it on the Senate floor.

Well that's obviously poor manners.
(06-23-2015, 12:07 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well that's obviously poor manners.

But does that make him an "uneducated, low-class, moron"?
(06-22-2015, 11:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They have all cursed in public.  

All that; for this?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-23-2015, 12:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: All that; for this?

I know right lol
(06-23-2015, 12:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: All that; for this?

(06-23-2015, 12:46 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I know right lol

I see that you both still refuse to answer my question.

Well, at least you have each other.  I am glad that makes you both happy. 
(06-23-2015, 01:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I see that you both still refuse to answer my question.

Well, at least you have each other.  I am glad that makes you both happy. 

Your question is irrelevant. Your advocating that swearing is somehow a positive thing and not poor manners. If either of us has to explain proper manners to you then you have your own issues.
(06-23-2015, 01:39 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Your question is irrelevant.   Your advocating that swearing is somehow a positive thing and not poor manners.   If either of us has to explain proper manners to you then you have your own issues.

I have never mentioned manners even once.

And my question is not irrelevant.  My question is a direct challenge to your silly claim that people who swear are "low class and uneducated".  And that is why you refuse to answer it.
(06-23-2015, 02:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I have never mentioned manners even once.

And my question is not irrelevant.  My question is a direct challenge to your silly claim that people who swear are "low class and uneducated".  And that is why you refuse to answer it.

You have spent pages trying to validate swearing. I think that says all anyone needs to know about you.

Then you use the worst examples on top on that... This is such a ridiculous crusade your on right now.... Even pat weighed in with a joke because even he knows your crusade is ridiculous.
(06-22-2015, 07:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And it's been proven over and over here in this thread that swearing for entertainment is not swearing in Real life.  

So yes in fantasy land it's ok to swear.   Also ok to murder in fantay land as well.  

Unfortunately for you both this is a discussion of real life not fantasy land.

That's complete bullshit.

I use that specific word because ludicrous, foolish, absurd, ridiculous, comical, preposterous, etcetera aren't adequate descriptions.  The reality is the vast majority of people I know or have known use profanity; the so called low class or high class, uneducated or educated, unintelligent or intelligent, poor or rich, blue collar or white collar, military or civilian, ill mannered or well mannered, etcetera.  Claiming only those who use profanity are low class, uneducated, unintelligent, and lazy is a stereotype which doesn't reflect reality.
(06-22-2015, 07:33 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm neither low class nor uneducated and I swear like a sailor when I am not around kids.

Also, you don't need the comma after "uneducated". There's more I could comment on, but I won't because it's the internet and I too speak very informally.

This.  There is zero correlation between class, education, and swearing.  Suggesting that there is requires you to completely ignore scientific facts.  Earlier in this abortion of a thread I posted a link to an article about the "science of swearing"....it kinda goes against what these dudes are in here saying.

Arguing against reality is a common theme with a couple of people though.

Of course, I wont swear around children.  I know that a lot of parents would rather not have their children hear it, so I try to be respectful of that.  Any adult that has a personal conversation with me has likely heard me swear a bit though....just as I have heard them swear as well.  This goes for any adult I know.  I cannot think of a single person who doesn't occasionally use swear words. 

I also won't swear around my mom....but only because I don't want her to hit me.  On the occasions that something slips out in conversation, she always looks like she wants to kill me.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

I think Lucie’s exact wording was it makes you “sound” uneducated etc… not that you are. Someone tried to refute this by giving the example of a College drop out. It was a terrible example and now he has spent the last couple pages trying to bring up people with educations that have swore in public. There have also been like-minded to take up the cause.

This is my opinion. The lack of education does not come from knowing curse words; the lack of education comes from not knowing the proper forum, at which, to use them. The OP was about an ordinance designed to try to reduce swearing in public and I have zero problem with such an ordinance.

Some folks are brought up in an environment where certain words are not condoned; they should not be subjected to these crass words because an individual cannot think of a socially accepted adjective. I am unsure if there is a correlation between education and personal hygiene; however, I practice it regularly and prefer that those I interact with on a daily basis do so as well. Although I do suppose that one individual has the “right” not to wash; and should be no reflection of his education.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]