Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Coaching props and rants!
All jerseys being sold out at the pro shop is probably Zac's fault too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not a single Bengal playing in the Pro bowl...
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 09:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's not a bash thread. It was originated as a satirical/tongue-in-cheek thread. 

Isn't the fact that some posters just don't get it is mind boggling?

You probably guessed it though...  Zac's fault.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Blockbuster vhs movie rentals not rewound in 1989.

[Image: 80s-vhs.jpg]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 08:48 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: How about going to the SB!!!!! remove this Zac bashing thread!! We headed to the promis land boys and girls!!!

How about losing us the Super Bowl? Absolutely perplexing how Mixon wasn’t on the field for one third and 1 or fourth and 1. Absolutely unforgiveable.
Reply/Quote
No QB sneak? Get the first down, then call a TO! Dude thinks he is better than he is! Went scoreless for the lay 25!
Reply/Quote
C'mon, guys. It's hard when you have to learn play calling on the job. It's easy to outsmart yourself when you don't have a game plan.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Lmao....we go from 4-11-1 to the Super Bowl and fools ready to fire the dude.... LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:26 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: How about losing us the Super Bowl?  Absolutely perplexing how Mixon wasn’t on the field for one third and 1 or fourth and 1.  Absolutely unforgiveable.

This is what I don’t get. The decision making was absolutely horrible towards the end of the game. 

You guys really underestimate what a guy like Burrow or Brady can do to elevate an otherwise mediocre coach. You’re too blinded by the SB appearance. 

I hate to keep going back to LSU, but this is exactly how it was with Orgeron, and Les Miles later in his career. They were great coaches until no one was propping them up. Then they were exposed for being total idiots. It’s really ZT’s job to just coach well enough to not screw it up. He screwed it up. In the Super Bowl. I hope you guys are back, and I can’t imagine Burrow not going back, but they said the same about Dan Marino. It’s not a given.

Not saying ZT is an idiot, but the last part of the game was absolutely called by an idiot and anyone who comes away proud of ZT after that game needs to have their head checked.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:10 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: Zac is the first coach since Wyche to win multiple playoff games. Jeez...

Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl. What’s your point? I hate this argument. Burrow is that offense, that’s how smart he is. The only thing JB has nothing to do with on the offense is the OL, and they are so bad. Sorry. Anyone who thinks SB was a coaching masterpiece is a complete fool. Anyone who thinks ZT is a good coach is a fool. And you guys just scored a few more seasons with him.

ZT with a good OL and better secondary combined with the weapons he has, will have a good enough team to where he will only have to coach just well enough not to screw it up. He failed in that respect on the biggest stage yesterday. 
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 05:38 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Burrow is that offense, that’s how smart he is. ... Anyone who thinks SB was a coaching masterpiece is a complete fool. Anyone who thinks ZT is a good coach is a fool. 

Sorry, you can't have it both ways. If Burrow is that offense, not Zac, then it was Burrow who failed on Sunday, not Zac. You can't give Burrow all the credit for the offense when it's doing well, but then blame Zac for it when it struggles/fails.

It may not have been a coaching masterpiece but the fact remains that we were a bullshit call and an OL that can block for more than 1 second on 1 play away from winning the Super Bowl. That doesn't happen with a fool for a coach or a bad coach.

Lastly, you don't coach your way to a Super Bowl unless you're a good coach or you have at least one of the following: an elite QB, an elite offense, or an elite defense. We have none of those. Burrow may end up being elite, but he's not there yet. 

I'm not saying Zac didn't make mistakes, he did. Doesn't mean he's not a good coach. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 05:38 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl. What’s your point? I hate this argument. Burrow is that offense, that’s how smart he is. The only thing JB has nothing to do with on the offense is the OL, and they are so bad. Sorry. Anyone who thinks SB was a coaching masterpiece is a complete fool. Anyone who thinks ZT is a good coach is a fool. And you guys just scored a few more seasons with him.

ZT with a good OL and better secondary combined with the weapons he has, will have a good enough team to where he will only have to coach just well enough not to screw it up. He failed in that respect on the biggest stage yesterday. 

My thanks to you. Posters such as this were my motivation behind creating the thread.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 10:29 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Sorry, you can't have it both ways. If Burrow is that offense, not Zac, then it was Burrow who failed on Sunday, not Zac. You can't give Burrow all the credit for the offense when it's doing well, but then blame Zac for it when it struggles/fails.

It may not have been a coaching masterpiece but the fact remains that we were a bullshit call and an OL that can block for more than 1 second on 1 play away from winning the Super Bowl. That doesn't happen with a fool for a coach or a bad coach.

Lastly, you don't coach your way to a Super Bowl unless you're a good coach or you have at least one of the following: an elite QB, an elite offense, or an elite defense. We have none of those. Burrow may end up being elite, but he's not there yet. 

I'm not saying Zac didn't make mistakes, he did. Doesn't mean he's not a good coach. 

This. Zac will learn from these mistakes as well being that he is young. Also our Defense might get to be elite if we keep our 
good players and Lou and our young guys continue to grow. Expecting our Offense to become elite once Burrow has a decent 
O-line in front of him and a dependable running game.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 07:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This. Zac will learn from these mistakes as well being that he is young. Also our Defense might get to be elite if we keep our 
good players and Lou and our young guys continue to grow. Expecting our Offense to become elite once Burrow has a decent 
O-line in front of him and a dependable running game.
Also agree. I posted several times during the preseason that I advocated giving Zac this season before concluding our evaluation of him, and if we would’ve known we were going to the super bowl, I doubt I would’ve had so many arguing against it. I certainly disagreed with some things, notably the misuse of Perine at times at the expense of Mixon, but we have a lot to be optimistic about from a personnel and coaching standpoint.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 08:20 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Also agree.  I posted several times during the preseason that  I advocated giving Zac this season before concluding our evaluation of him, and if we would’ve known we were going to the super bowl, I doubt I would’ve had so many arguing against it.   I certainly disagreed with some things, notably the misuse of Perine at times at the expense of Mixon, but we have a lot to be optimistic about from a personal and coaching standpoint.

Yeah, it went better than I expected. It was put up or shut up time for Zac this last season and he put up regardless of a few
mistakes. I was one of the guys saying we needed to make the Playoffs and win a game or we should move on. We ended up 
winning our first playoff game in 30+ years and winning 2 road Playoff games something no other Bengal HC has ever done.

The strides Zac and Lou specifically made in one year coaching wise was staggering. Expect more growth this year as well.
Reply/Quote
So basically this is Shula and Lewis all over again.

Shula takes over shit team - no FA money. Team improves, coach grows. Team is ahead of the coach waiting for the coach to catch up. Never happens.

Lewis takes over shit team - much more FA money. Team improves, coach grows. Team is ahead of the coach waiting for the coach to catch up. Never happens.

Taylor takes over shit team - much, much more FA money. Team improves, coach grows. Team is ahead of the coach waiting for the coach to catch up. TBA.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 07:37 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: So basically this is Shula and Lewis all over again.

Shula takes over shit team - no FA money. Team improves, coach grows. Team is ahead of the coach waiting for the coach to catch up. Never happens.

Lewis takes over shit team - much more FA money. Team improves, coach grows. Team is ahead of the coach waiting for the coach to catch up. Never happens.

Taylor takes over shit team - much, much more FA money. Team improves, coach grows. Team is ahead of the coach waiting for the coach to catch up. TBA.

....but Zac has an AFC crown under his belt, the first two road playoff wins in Franchise history, and its first playoff win in 31 years. I'd say he's advancing must faster than the other two.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....but Zac has an AFC crown under his belt, the first two road playoff wins in Franchise history, and its first playoff win in 31 years. I'd say he's advancing must faster than the other two.

I think that's the FA money and Joe Burrow you're seeing. I've always felt that the Bengals won in spite of ML, not because of him.

I still say this team is ahead of Zac. I hope Joe starts calling plays because that's Zac's biggest weakness as a head coach. His clock management could use some work but it's still light years ahead of ML.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:12 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I think that's the FA money and Joe Burrow you're seeing. I've always felt that the Bengals won in spite of ML, not because of him.

I still say this team is ahead of Zac. I hope Joe starts calling plays because that's Zac's biggest weakness as a head coach. His clock management could use some work but it's still light years ahead of ML.

This staff targets team captains, high motor and high IQ guys. The last staff liked reclamation projects, and was hesitant to move on from veteran players. Joe Burrow continuously mentions Zac's vision for the team as a huge reason he likes playing for him. It's also possible that the organization is catching up to Zac Taylor's mindset. Wink

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:12 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I've always felt that the Bengals won in spite of ML, not because of him.

Then you're an idiot. Merv took over a team that was 2-14 and went 8-8 his first 2 years before leading Cincy to its first winning record in over 20 years. There wasn't much change in roster from that 2-14 team to ML's 8-8 team. 

So, please enlighten us in how a team that went 2-14 and made only a few changes in its starting lineup somehow won 4 times as many games the next season with a new coach but it was NOT because of the new coach.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote