Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/27/kaepernick-sits-during-national-anthem/

Oh man on man, this guy is just begging for trouble on this one. Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
At least his name isn't Mahmoud Abdul Rauf so they may take it easy on him.

Does anybody else think Kaepernick looks a lot like bin Laden with that beard?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
If he wanted to use his position to make a statement, this preseason may be his last chance to do that. Go ahead and get it all out of his system.
Never cared for the guy, regardless of current events.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
This is America, where everyone has the right to express themselves, whether anyone cares about them or not.

CK--master QB, then move on to revolutionary. When you're not that good at what you do, people care a whole lot less about your politics.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Isn't this really a matter of time and place?

And is this really doing anything about the issues of which he speaks? Not really that much of a stand, so to speak. Kinda cheesy, really.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(08-27-2016, 01:48 PM)McC Wrote: Isn't this really a matter of time and place?

And is this really doing anything about the issues of which he speaks?  Not really that much of a stand, so to speak.  Kinda cheesy, really.

When you are as much of a persona non grata as he is it isn't wise business to pull something like this.  Maybe he wants to get cut? 
(08-27-2016, 12:43 PM)McC Wrote: This is America, where everyone has the right to express themselves, whether anyone cares about them or not.

CK--master QB, then move on to revolutionary.  When you're not that good at what you do, people care a whole lot less about your politics.

This is what I think whenever I hear about how America [still] has a "system of oppression": 

What kind of system of oppression protects your right to speak out against that oppression? To petition, protest, and organize against that system? That's by far the most accommodating system of oppression I've ever heard of. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
I guess Kaepernick forgot about those kind, White folks who adopted him..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-27-2016, 12:17 PM)Benton Wrote: If he wanted to use his position to make a statement, this preseason may be his last chance to do that. Go ahead and get it all out of his system.

DingDing
Good for him. Don't be afraid to do something because it might hurt the feelings of the SJW and PC whiners. He has the right to do as he pleases during the National Anthem, same as anyone else. And he has the right to peacefully protest, same as anyone else.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(08-27-2016, 08:45 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Good for him. Don't be afraid to do something because it might hurt the feelings of the SJW and PC whiners. He has the right to do as he pleases during the National Anthem, same as anyone else. And he has the right to peacefully protest, same as anyone else.

....without fear of oppression. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-27-2016, 04:40 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: This is what I think whenever I hear about how America [still] has a "system of oppression": 

What kind of system of oppression protects your right to speak out against that oppression? To petition, protest, and organize against that system? That's by far the most accommodating system of oppression I've ever heard of. 

Except when it can kill you and just use the excuse "I was scared" to make it ok.
I was more offended when he protested the Krusty Krab.

[Image: KrustyKrabUnfair.jpg]
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(08-27-2016, 08:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ....without fear of oppression. 

Especially since he's not trying to oppress anyone in the process.

Of course, those same freedoms don't protect him from the consequences of his actions. Though the consequences shouldn't go much past angering people and a few insults.

We shall see.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Can't we just keep politics out of football? Just sayin'......
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
No one will believe this, but I'm one of the most liberal people in my circle. I see/hear a lot of "If you are ashamed of America you can leave". IMO an able bodied Male should stand up for his beliefs and voice his displeasure instead of tucking tail and running. I think Europe has enough of those.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

I honestly could not care any less about who stands, sits or farts during the national anthem.
It is what it is. He actually honored America by showing he has the freedom to be an individual.
His 11.9 million is guaranteed. Slave wages and black oppression got him pretty far. Instead of disrespecting the country in front of a national audenience how about taking some of that money you are stealing and go spend on something that will actually make a difference. Like getting kids through school and helping the people you believe are oppressed.