Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Collins is back
(08-21-2022, 01:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: Imagine the outrage around here if we cut our top 13 tackle on contract for 10m. 

(08-25-2022, 06:49 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Imagine having Micah Parsons on this defense.

Imagine all the people
Living for Who Dey!

You may say I am a dreamer,
but I'm not the only one.
Reply/Quote
Rumor is the Raiders are looking to trade or release Alex Leatherwood. He was there 2021 1st Round pick.

I wouldn't mind bringing him in as a backup T. We'd likely have to trade something for him though.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 04:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Rumor is the Raiders are looking to trade or release Alex Leatherwood. He was there 2021 1st Round pick.

I wouldn't mind bringing him in as a backup T. We'd likely have to trade something for him though.

Great run blocker, terrible pass blocker. 

I would rather trade for a guy that is a better pass blocker as Pollack can coach up run blocking. Like Isaiah Wynn.

Said this in the FA forum already BTW.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 04:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Rumor is the Raiders are looking to trade or release Alex Leatherwood. He was there 2021 1st Round pick.

I wouldn't mind trading them Lassiter or Pryor for Leatherwood. Think they'd go for it?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

I am usually in favor of taking a flyer on a former 1st round pick, but there has to be something special wrong with this guy for them to give up on him before he even starts his second season.  That is extremely rare.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 05:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am usually in favor of taking a flyer on a former 1st round pick, but there has to be something special wrong with this guy for them to give up on him before he even starts his second season.  That is extremely rare.

Well, from what little I've read on him just now, he was supposedly drafted at least 1 round too high, he's got the tools but not the technique, and he was asked to switch positions. Sounds a little like Jackson Carman does it not?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 11:03 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: Just listened to HTPG podcast.  Dehner said Floyd was kicking LC’s ass and LC was getting pissed. 

I heard that, too.  

A dude at work that's a big Cowboys fan has been telling me that the Bengals will wish they didn't sign Collins.  Some of that is just him talking shit, but he made the point that Collins has declined significantly as a pass blocker and struggles with speed off the edge.  What Dehner is saying backs that up.  I hope it's rust from not doing a lot in camp.  

I dunno what to think until I see him play more.  He can't be as bad as what we ran out there last season, but I think most of us are expecting more than just an improvement over Isaiah Prince/ Reiff.  
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 05:40 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, from what little I've read on him just now, he was supposedly drafted at least 1 round too high, he's got the tools but not the technique, and he was asked to switch positions. Sounds a little like Jackson Carman does it not?

Sounds like a lot of players.  And they ususally don't get cut before they even start their second season.

I know we are all disappointed with Carman so far, but I don't think my here actually want to cut him.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 06:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sounds like a lot of players.  And they ususally don't get cut before they even start their second season.

I know we are all disappointed with Carman so far, but I don't think my here actually want to cut him.

True on that. Something is up with Leatherwood.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 05:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great run blocker, terrible pass blocker. 

I would rather trade for a guy that is a better pass blocker as Pollack can coach up run blocking. Like Isaiah Wynn.

Said this in the FA forum already BTW.

I agree.  I would rather have someone that is a better pass blocker.  Ereck Flowers for example had a 78.1 PFF grade for his pass blocking which is above average and a 64.4 run block PFF which is average.  Flowers would be a good addition as would Wynn.  Those guys would probably be a better option than Volson, Carman or Spain.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 10:41 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I agree.  I would rather have someone that is a better pass blocker.  Ereck Flowers for example had a 78.1 PFF grade for his pass blocking which is above average and a 64.4 run block PFF which is average.  Flowers would be a good addition as would Wynn.  Those guys would probably be a better option than Volson, Carman or Spain.

Agreed, plus I watched Leatherwood last night against the Patriots and he was on roller skates reminding me of Adeniji...
Reply/Quote