Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Collins is back
Imagine the outrage around here if we cut our top 13 tackle on contract for 10m. On a team expected to be in the hunt....

While holding on to an overpaid RB who's cheap backup is better. All the while trying to re-sign a DE for 70m who is one suspension away from being banned.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 11:07 AM)SladeX Wrote: I want to go on record that I didn’t decline to say what you thought I didn’t appear to say, but that I wholeheartedly approve if what was reported as to my other previous statements, even if said reports are premature and taken out of context.

Carry on then, lads.

Walks away Muttering (wheres grampahol when you need him, somebodies got to be the off kilter comic relief around here, and what’s up with the…raids…jumping the shark…banks service charges… …chargers going electric …)

....the greatest thing since sliced bread...
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 01:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: Imagine the outrage around here if we cut our top 13 tackle on contract for 10m. On a team expected to be in the hunt....

While holding on to an overpaid RB who's cheap backup is better. All the while trying to re-sign a DE for 70m who is one suspension away from being banned.

Woof, that would suck. Man, I don't know what that Jerry Jones is smokin' or drinkin' over there lol
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 12:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: So PFF rankings are useless.... 

I've discovered PFF rankings are as valid as folks agree with them. 

If a user agrees with the rating....they're valid; if a user disagrees with the rating...PFF is flawed.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 07:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I should hope not. LOL

I can’t begin to tell you how hard I laughed
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 03:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've discovered PFF rankings are as valid as folks agree with them. 

If a user agrees with the rating....they're valid; if a user disagrees with the rating...PFF is flawed.

So like everything on the internet.  Cool

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I will feel a bit better about the health of Collins hopefully next week with a full week of practice and hopefully playing a series or two against the Rams. I don;t question his talent just worried that he has had some back issues and has turned the dial towards 30.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 01:02 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Absolutely it is. When you have a young player(Steele) on a bargain deal that you like at a non-premium position like RT when your QB's blindside is on the left, it is a cut you make.

Better yet, do me a favour. Look at the Cowboys roster right now. Who are you cutting, if not Collins to save 10 million? Gallup? Demarcus Lawerence? Zach Martin? Tyron Smith? I'll wait, but you won't come up with anyone. The best you can do is 3-4 guys but then you're gutting your depth and 2-3 starters.

They tried to sign Gregory to a 5 year $70 MIL contract, does that sound like a team desperate to cut cap?  $10 Mil can easily be absorbed if you value the player. 

My hope is that Dallas was just stupid 

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 01:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: Imagine the outrage around here if we cut our top 13 tackle on contract for 10m. On a team expected to be in the hunt....

To be fair; they are stuck with Zeke; that was a STUPID contract. But the Gregory thing is definitely questionable; especially considering they have Ware and Parsons.

To add to the outrage that would be going on around here. The Cowboys could have kept LC and still been $10 Mil under the Cap

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 04:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They tried to sign Gregory to a 5 year $70 MIL contract, does that sound like a team desperate to cut cap?  $10 Mil can easily be absorbed if you value the player. 

My hope is that Dallas was just stupid 

(08-21-2022, 04:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: To be fair; they are stuck with Zeke; that was a STUPID contract. But the Gregory thing is definitely questionable; especially considering they have Ware and Parsons.

To add to the outrage that would be going on around here. The Cowboys could have kept LC and still been $10 Mil under the Cap

With the way JJ22 put the moves Dallas made I would say they were undoubtably stupid...

Sure hope so like you said.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 12:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: So PFF rankings are useless.... 

No. But they aren’t everything either. Steele was a 64.5. For a long time 60-69 was considered “starter” or “average.” No idea if that’s still the case, but it used to break down like this:

Elite: 90.0+
High Quality: 80.0-89.9
Above Average: 70.0-79.9
Average: 60.0-69.9
Below Average: 50.0-59.9
Poor: 49.9 or lower

Reply/Quote
I don't remember when all these players were signed or when Collins was released, but the Cowboys lost a lot of players they could not afford to keep.

Randy Gregory to Denver 5 year $70 million
Cedrick Wilson to Miami 3 years $22 million
Conner Williams to Miami 2 years $14 million
Collins to Bengals 3 years $21 million

DE Dorance Armstrong (2 yr $12 million) was the only one of their own players that they re-signed for more than $5 million a year.

Dontea Fowler (1 yr $3 million) was the highest paid free agent they signed from another team.

So the Cowboys obviously had some cap issues.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 12:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't remember when all these players were signed or when Collins was released, but the Cowboys lost a lot of players they could not afford to keep.

Randy Gregory to Denver 5 year $70 million
Cedrick Wilson to Miami 3 years $22 million
Conner Williams to Miami 2 years $14 million
Collins to Bengals 3 years $21 million

DE Dorance Armstrong (2 yr $12 million) was the only one of their own players that they re-signed for more than $5 million a year.

Dontea Fowler (1 yr $3 million) was the highest paid free agent they signed from another team.

So the Cowboys obviously had some cap issues.
They were willing to pay Gregory; he just didn't like the conduct clause built it

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 03:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've discovered PFF rankings are as valid as folks agree with them. 

I do find it funny that so many people criticize those who do the evaluations.

To the fans who criticize - PFF is definitely taking applications right now for people willing to evaluate games. If you're so much better, there's an opportunity to get some extra money and improve the ratings.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 01:02 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Absolutely it is. When you have a young player(Steele) on a bargain deal that you like at a non-premium position like RT when your QB's blindside is on the left, it is a cut you make.

Better yet, do me a favour. Look at the Cowboys roster right now. Who are you cutting, if not Collins to save 10 million? Gallup? Demarcus Lawerence? Zach Martin? Tyron Smith? I'll wait, but you won't come up with anyone. The best you can do is 3-4 guys but then you're gutting your depth and 2-3 starters.

Bet they wish they'd went with this option

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 06:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No. But they aren’t everything either. Steele was a 64.5. For a long time 60-69 was considered “starter” or “average.” No idea if that’s still the case, but it used to break down like this:

Elite: 90.0+
High Quality: 80.0-89.9
Above Average: 70.0-79.9
Average: 60.0-69.9
Below Average: 50.0-59.9
Poor: 49.9 or lower

This is still the case right now.

It actually used to be below 70 was below average, and below 60 was poor/terrible.
(At least that's what I remember from 5-6 years ago)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Imagine having Micah Parsons on this defense.
Reply/Quote
La'el Collins sure is back and he don't take no shit from Leonard Floyd....Mad
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 08:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: La'el Collins sure is back and he don't take no shit from Leonard Floyd....Mad

Just listened to HTPG podcast.  Dehner said Floyd was kicking LC’s ass and LC was getting pissed. 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 11:03 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: Just listened to HTPG podcast.  Dehner said Floyd was kicking LC’s ass and LC was getting pissed. 

Heard that from Rapien too.

Floyd is a damn good speed rusher and LC has been taking it soft so far.

Great test for the opener honestly going against TJ Watt who is actually more power which is what La'el plays well against.
Reply/Quote