Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combine Results - Wide Receivers/Tight Ends
I will edit this soon with a complete list of all the 40's.

one big standout so far is Zay Jones running 4.46. I could see him being in the discussion for first overall WR being drafted by the time the draft rolls around.

Kupp looks real slow at 4.62. Probably still holds as a 2-3 round pick.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/3/3/14802242/2017-nfl-combine-results-wide-receivers-corey-davis-mike-williams

live updated results

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 12:44 PM)Okeana Wrote: I will edit this soon with a complete list of all the 40's.  

one big standout so far is Zay Jones running 4.46.  I could see him being in the discussion for first overall WR being drafted by the time the draft rolls around.

Kupp looks real slow at 4.62.  Probably still holds as a 2-3 round pick.

Mayock loves the TE class.  Hard to envision us taking one before day three, if at all. If we did take one early, does that say anything about Eifert's future?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 01:20 PM)McC Wrote: Mayock loves the TE class.  Hard to envision us taking one before day three, if at all.  If we did take one early, does that say anything about Eifert's future?

I think the culture has changed on TE's after the Gresham draft.  We seem to really invest into them and it has done good things for our team so I wouldn't be surprised if we draft one at some point.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 01:20 PM)McC Wrote: Mayock loves the TE class.  Hard to envision us taking one before day three, if at all.  If we did take one early, does that say anything about Eifert's future?

I wouldn't be mad at all if a trade back scenario happens and we take Howard in the first. Eifert is an amazing TE, but his reliability and availability are non starters for contract extension in my book. He could be the greatest TE to ever play the game (hyperbole) and we'll never know because he can't stay on the field. I personally don't want $10 mill a year standing on the sideline in a sling.

I want to see Juju Smith-Schuster in group 2. Might be my favorite WR in the draft. Isn't supposed to be super fast, but if he can come in close to 4.5.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 01:32 PM)Okeana Wrote: I think the culture has changed on TE's after the Gresham draft.  We seem to really invest into them and it has done good things for our team so I wouldn't be surprised if we draft one at some point.

Well, I wouldn't exactly say Tyler Kroft has cemented his spot on the roster.  Would be a hedge against Eifert's annual injuries too.  Could be somebody too good to pass on falls int their laps too.

How about a blocking TE who can catch a little?  We don't really have one of those.  Some of Marvin's best offenses have been when there is a really good blocking TE.  Are there any of those in this class?  The dual threat guys are few and far between.  They say OJ Howard can do it all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 01:42 PM)McC Wrote: Well, I wouldn't exactly say Tyler Kroft has cemented his spot on the roster.  Would be a hedge against Eifert's annual injuries too.  Could be somebody too good to pass on falls int their laps too.

How about a blocking TE who can catch a little?  We don't really have one of those.  Some of Marvin's best offenses have been when there is a really good blocking TE.  Are there any of those in this class?  The dual threat guys are few and far between.  They say OJ Howard can do it all.

OJ Howard is an amazing prospect and worth a high pick for sure.  What I mean to say is the Bengals have invested picks into the TE class which they really didn't do before Gresham.  As far as Eifert I don't see them cutting ties with a guy considered to be the 2nd best TE in the NFL.  Gronk gets hurt every year, but they aren't cutting ties with him.  I think this team can handle another superstar TE without cutting ties on Eifert.

Reply/Quote
Amara Darboh is checking a lot of boxes with a 4.45 at his size.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 02:04 PM)Okeana Wrote: Amara Darboh is checking a lot of boxes with a 4.45 at his size.

Chris Godwin helped himself with a 4.42.  However, Isiah Ford with a 4.61 will hurt his stock, big time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
WOW! 4.22 John ross unofficial holy shit

Reply/Quote
So does John Ross get an island from Adidas now?
Reply/Quote
John Ross--4.22. The record has fallen.

Reply/Quote
John ross may be wearing stripes after that. He was already considered a top 20 guy. Just hop he cramped and didn't get hurt.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 02:36 PM)Okeana Wrote: John ross may be wearing stripes after that.  He was already considered a top 20 guy.  Just hop he cramped and didn't get hurt.

You think a fast 40 vaults Ross to the top 10 even when everyone already knew he was the fastest WR in the class?
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 02:42 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: You think a fast 40 vaults Ross to the top 10 even when everyone already knew he was the fastest WR in the class?

Everyone knew he was fast. Nobody knew he was that fast, and his knee issues obviously haven't slowed him down.  Plus, Williams and Davis not running kind of opened the door for him to jump into the conversation as the first WR off the board.
Reply/Quote
I'll take a 4.54 from Juju. He's being compared to Anquan Boldin.
Reply/Quote
Some other oft discussed guys in the forum....

Curtis Samuel-4.31

Juju Smith-Schuster-4.54

Josh Reynolds-4.55
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 02:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: Everyone knew he was fast. Nobody knew he was that fast, and his knee issues obviously haven't slowed him down.  Plus, Williams and Davis not running kind of opened the door for him to jump into the conversation as the first WR off the board.

I dunno. He's still a diminutive WR. I think this cements him as a top 20 pick, but I'd still be disappointed if we spent a top 10 pick on him.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 02:49 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I dunno. He's still a diminutive WR. I think this cements him as a top 20 pick, but I'd still be disappointed if we spent a top 10 pick on him.

I'd be fine with it, honestly.  Ross on the other side of Green is a nightmare in and of itself, but we got two TE's in Eifert and Uzi that can threaten the seam.  That's a 2 TE set that's tough to match up against.
Reply/Quote
Curtis Samuel is looking more and more intriguing.
Reply/Quote
Good lord, Ross put up that 4.22 effortlessly.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote