Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confederate Flag Misunderstood?
(06-30-2015, 04:04 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Are you still here or have you done the proper thing and gone back to Ohio?

Georgia

I'm driving to Charleston 4 weekends in a row.
(06-30-2015, 04:14 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Georgia

Work?
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(06-30-2015, 04:16 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Work?

Family.

Dropped my daughter off for CoC basketball camp. Coming back this weekend to pick her up and drive to Orlando. Driving back next weekend and dropping daughter off for cooking class at Trident. Driving back to pick her up the next weekend. Plus I was in Charleston in May for a HS graduation.
(06-30-2015, 04:33 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Family.

Dropped my daughter off for CoC basketball camp. Coming back this weekend to pick her up and drive to Orlando. Driving back next weekend and dropping daughter off for cooking class at Trident. Driving back to pick her up the next weekend. Plus I was in Charleston in May for a HS graduation.

Right on.  Let me know if you want some suggestions on things to do and places to eat.

(06-30-2015, 04:14 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Georgia

When my girls were really small we used to go to Folly Beach every summer.  There was nothing there but a beach, and I loved it.  But as they got older they want more "attractions" so we started going to Myrtle Beach.  I still refused to stay right in the middle of that madhouse but we would go to a beach close enough to drive to the attractions around Myrtle Beach.
(06-30-2015, 04:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When my girls were really small we used to go to Folly Beach every summer.  There was nothing there but a beach, and I loved it.  But as they got older they want more "attractions" so we started going to Myrtle Beach.  I still refused to stay right in the middle of that madhouse but we would go to a beach close enough to drive to the attractions around Myrtle Beach.

Folly Beach is my beach....

(06-30-2015, 04:35 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Right on.  Let me know if you want some suggestions on things to do and places to eat.

My wife is from Goose Creek. Her dad is retired Navy. We visit frequently. When we drove back Sunday night she told me she is ready to buy a second house around Summerville and rent it out until it's time to retire or move there and rent out our current house.

Yeah, let me know any suggestions. I like Red's on Shem Creek because we can bring the dog and she loves the attention.
(06-30-2015, 04:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When my girls were really small we used to go to Folly Beach every summer.  There was nothing there but a beach, and I loved it.  But as they got older they want more "attractions" so we started going to Myrtle Beach.  I still refused to stay right in the middle of that madhouse but we would go to a beach close enough to drive to the attractions around Myrtle Beach.

Went to Myrtle Beach twice. Hotel was too noisy and drove back to Charleston same night. Better hotel 2nd trip.
(06-30-2015, 03:42 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So you know how bad Ohio drivers are.  . .

If they are as bad as Maryland and NC drivers, I want none of them.
(06-30-2015, 05:58 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: If they are as bad as Maryland and NC drivers, I want none of them.

Um, native born Marylanders are not bad. My theory is that people who work for the federal government are the worst drivers, so we get the absolute worst drivers from every state to move to ours.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-30-2015, 09:02 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Um, native born Marylanders are not bad. My theory is that people who work for the federal government are the worst drivers, so we get the absolute worst drivers from every state to move to ours.

All I know is when I have a Maryland plate near me on I-81, I'm keeping an extra eye on them. Smirk
(06-24-2015, 10:59 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Heritage or Hate?  
For many Southern folks the confederate flag is a symbol of their way of life, their values, family,  and courage.  It stood as their symbol against 'northern' aggression and invasion.  It had nothing to do with racism.  Just look at the tv show Dukes of Hazard as a model of this way of life.  There was no racism in Hazard County.  They was just makin' their way, the only way they knew how.
Now it's being attacked by the 'political correct' crowd for promoting slavery.  The darkest times in our country's nation.  A time that divided the nation like never before.  A division that could only be amended by a great Civil War.  It's led to decades of racial strife that we are still fighting to control to this day.  
How do you feel about the issue?  Should we remove the flag or leave it be?

The Stars and Bars should be preserved for historical purposes in rightful context at museums and battlefields and such, but it has also served as a symbol of hate & oppression for many decades.  For the latter reason it should have been barred decades ago from any government building and property in all the states. And if that isnt a good enough reason, that flag was the symbol of a group of states that broke off to protect their slavery rights & and led to over 600.000 casualties in 4 years of war. **** that flag in my opinion.

Also I bet that there are many other Southern folks that look at the flag differently than the ones that cherish it, just sayin. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]