Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats Geno
(12-19-2018, 12:02 PM)Stewy Wrote: I'm sure he did that mostly in one game or something......

Just think where he would be if he didn't take off over half the season.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 11:46 AM)MentalRage Wrote: Lol yeah man the stats must be wrong. You're right.

I think if you took away every players best 3 games their stats would look very different. So idk what you're trying to prove.

Does it help to actually see all the zeros?

10/14 0 sacks
10/21 0 sacks
10/28 0 sacks
Bye
11/11 0 sacks
11/18 1 sack
11/25 0 sacks
12/2 0 sacks
12/9 0 sacks

That is not a good stretch no matter how you spin it. Obviously sacks aren’t everthing, but he was not an impact player for about 2 months. That’s all some people are saying. But you can’t be even the slightest bit critical about a certain 2 players on this team without people flipping out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 12:19 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Dude gets contantly double teamed, has played for a team that for the majority of year plays soft coverage, and he hasn't played many Games with huge leads.
While I think it is fair to say his season was a dissapointment after they way it started for him it was still a great year for any DT. He did his job; we need more Geno's not less.

You pay a player 18.75 million per year for the first two years of his contract you would think he would be a force that will help you overcome your division rival (zero sacks in last five games) and not to pad his stats against pathetic teams.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 12:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Does it help to actually see all the zeros?

10/14 0 sacks
10/21 0 sacks
10/28 0 sacks
Bye
11/11 0 sacks
11/18 1 sack
11/25 0 sacks
12/2 0 sacks
12/9 0 sacks

That is not a good stretch no matter how you spin it. Obviously sacks aren’t everthing, but he was not an impact player for about 2 months. That’s all some people are saying. But you can’t be even the slightest bit critical about a certain 2 players on this team without people flipping out.
Especially for a player who is making almost 19 million a year.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 09:07 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Popularity contest it seems as Geno kind of disappeared for a long stretch there. Mixon (AFC rushing leader - 4th overall while missing 2 games - and having a coach that just figured out how to use him) is far more worthy if they must only send one Bengals player.

Oh, and a crap O'line.

Unfortunately for Mixon, there are other running backs in the league that are tearing it up and getting all the noise..... outside of Aaron Donald, there aren't any DT's better than Geno...
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 12:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Unfortunately for Mixon, there are other running backs in the league that are tearing it up and getting all the noise.....

Most of the best ones are in the NFC though...

Barkley
Elliot
Gurley

Pretty sure Mixon is leading the AFC in rushing yds. He should have been selected.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 11:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Literally no one is going to say Geno sucks. But he did rack up all those numbers in basically 2-3 games. He went through an 8 game stretch where he only had 1 sack and seemed like a total non-factor for weeks at a time.

He’s obviously still a hell of a player, but this was s down year for him, idc what the stats say. Most that watched all the games would agree.

And none of those Other Pro-Bowlers ever have a bad game or stretch??
Even Brady the GOAT has bad games, but it's called overall consistency, Geno has that even when he's about the only one on the line that teams pay attention to.

Grats Geno.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 12:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Most of the best ones are in the NFC though...

Barkley
Elliot
Gurley

Pretty sure Mixon is leading the AFC in rushing yds. He should have been selected.

I don't disagree, I'm just saying there are other backs getting more noise, and we all know the most heard names, the most popular players, get the bid.... not always the most deserving. If Joe continues as he is, he'll be there next year. I hope Geno declines as well. After Eifert, I don't want any of our players in that meaningless spectacle.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 12:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't disagree, I'm just saying there are other backs getting more noise, and we all know the most heard names, the most popular players, get the bid.... not always the most deserving. If Joe continues as he is, he'll be there next year. I hope Geno declines as well. After Eifert, I don't want any of our players in that meaningless spectacle.

But the AFC RB’s are James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, and Melvin Gordon. Those are big names?

They play for big name teams, that’s for sure...

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 12:08 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I would rather he had seven sacks against good teams than 12 against only the scrub teams. You do realize that he has ZERO sacks in the last five Steelers games? If the teams highest paid players can't do well against our division rival we can expect the results.

Do you realize that the Steelers are allowed to hold/tackle him with impunity and not get flagged?
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 12:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But the AFC RB’s are James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, and Melvin Gordon. Those are big names?

They play for big name teams, that’s for sure...

Everyone is gushing all over Conner because he saved the Stealers from the Leveon Bell disaster.... if this were English Soccer, he would be Knighted.....
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 01:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Everyone is gushing all over Conner because he saved the Stealers from the Leveon Bell disaster.... if this were English Soccer, he would be Knighted.....

He does have a lot of all purpose yds, but his rushing numbers? Meh. It’s that OL. Their rookie Samuels had 142 yds against NE Sunday night.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 01:05 PM)Earendil Wrote: Do you realize that the Steelers are allowed to hold/tackle him with impunity and not get called for flags?

Then why isn't Marvin complaining in the press conferences? There is holding for sure . It may come as a complete surprise to you there is holding that is not called on nearly every play. Other players deal with it and still get sacks. I'm sure other fans watch their team play the Bengals and are complaining about holds. You think only Geno is held? Big Ben threw it 46 times when playing the Bengals and the Bengals got ZERO sacks. I could be a d-lineman if that's all the production you expect. Even a blind squirrel finds a acorn every now and again.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 01:05 PM)Earendil Wrote: Do you realize that the Steelers are allowed to hold/tackle him with impunity and not get flagged?

8th most penalized team in the league.

24 offensive holding calls so far.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 12:26 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: You pay a player 18.75 million per year for the first two years of his contract you would think he would be a force that will help you overcome your division rival (zero sacks in last five games) and not to pad his stats against pathetic teams.

Well he had 3 sacks,3 tackles for a loss, and 6 QB hits against Baltimore this season.  9 of his sacks have come against teams in the AFC with 6 of those comming against teams still in the playoff race Baltimore, Indianapolis, and Miami.

You should do some research as well to see how many DTs in the NFL have 10 sacks right now. Then maybe you could appreciate what Geno has been doing since he has been drafted for us.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 01:05 PM)Earendil Wrote: Do you realize that the Steelers are allowed to hold/tackle him with impunity and not get flagged?

Everyone has barbecued Marvin over his ability to win important games. If you research the players stats you will find the star players cowered  down to the opposition. Burfict is the only one who stepped up in those games but I fear he may have already had his last hoorah.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 01:27 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Well he had 3 sacks,3 tackles for a loss, and 6 QB hits against Baltimore this season.  9 of his sacks have come against teams in the AFC with 6 of those comming against teams still in the playoff race Baltimore, Indianapolis, and Miami.

You should do some research as well to see how many DTs in the NFL have 10 sacks right now. Then maybe you could appreciate what Geno has been doing since he has been drafted for us.

ZERO sacks in the last five games against Pittsburgh is the only stat I need to know.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 01:34 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: ZERO sacks in the last five games against Pittsburgh is the only stat I need to know.

In 17 games against the steelers geno has 8 sacks 12 qb hits and 9 tackles for loss. Those are excellent numbers for an interior d- lineman.

The only way you can criticize geno is to take away his best games. That is borderline trolling.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 11:55 AM)MentalRage Wrote: He's third in total pressures at his position. If he actually disappeared for the half the season do you think he'd be ranked that high?

First off Congratulations to Geno, great player. Rock On

Yes, this is the most telling as i haven't been able to see many of the games once we started that 5 game skid.

Was wondering what happened to him but the pressures show that he was still playing good while just not getting
the sacks. If anything i think Geno is underrated even by our own fans, he is an underrated run stopper to boot.

And why you may say it is unfair i do compare Geno to Aaron Donald who has a lot more help around him being
as Suh has played next to him all year. Just saw that Billings PFF rating is in the high 70's so he has not been as
bad as some have said but he is no Suh yet. Nor is Ringo or Adolphus Washington. Want to see how well Geno
plays next year with a decent DC and Glasgow coming back who has looked good.

BTW, think Mixon should of made the Probowl and maybe even Erickson as a Returner.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 01:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In 17 games against the steelers geno has 8 sacks 12 qb hits and 9 tackles for loss. Those are excellent numbers for an interior d- lineman.

The only way you can criticize geno is to take away his best games. That is borderline trolling.

The post was about the pro bowl and how good he is today. I did go back five games to prove my point of how he is underwhelming this year and in the past against the Steelers.. The stats you want to cite are from previous years in which he already received accolades. If you are happy with this years performance good but I have watched every game and saw how he disappeared.
Reply/Quote