Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats Geno
(12-19-2018, 02:26 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The post was about the pro bowl and how good he is today. I did go back five games to prove my point of how he is underwhelming this year and in the past against the Steelers.. The stats you want to cite are from previous years in which he already received accolades. If you are happy with this years performance good but I have watched every game and saw how he disappeared.

So pressures mean nothing to you?

If so this tells me all i need to know. Sacks are overrated, for Geno to be third in total pressures at his position
is not disappearing by my definition and is not underwhelming. We will see how he does against the Steelers in
the last game shall we, he only had one game against them this year and they were holding all game long.

They better hold him or he will destroy the Pig. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 12:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Does it help to actually see all the zeros?

10/14 0 sacks
10/21 0 sacks
10/28 0 sacks
Bye
11/11 0 sacks
11/18 1 sack
11/25 0 sacks
12/2 0 sacks
12/9 0 sacks

That is not a good stretch no matter how you spin it. Obviously sacks aren’t everthing, but he was not an impact player for about 2 months. That’s all some people are saying. But you can’t be even the slightest bit critical about a certain 2 players on this team without people flipping out.

Haven't we already had the discussion on here, this year, about how sacks alone don't make a complete player?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 01:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 8th most penalized team in the league.

24 offensive holding calls so far.

How many times have we seen them drag Bengals players to the ground or choke hold them with an official standing right there, only to see no flag and Ben throw a 40 yard pass to an open receiver?

Didn't McCallister have a bunch of Vines after one of the games a few years ago showing close to a dozen uncalled holds?  I certainly remember that because the NFL made him take it down.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 03:11 PM)Earendil Wrote: How many times have we seen them drag Bengals players to the ground or choke hold them with an official standing right there, only to see no flag and Ben throw a 40 yard pass to an open receiver?

Didn't McCallister have a bunch of Vines after one of the games a few years ago showing close to a dozen uncalled holds?  I certainly remember that because the NFL made him take it down.

The officials throw in a bunch of flags for holding, etc., against the Stealers on plays that don't matter, so that the numbers don't appear to be biased. All you have to do is watch the games though and see that when it matters, on crucial plays in crucial games, the refs keep their hands in their pockets.....
Here is the McAlister Vine collection.....
https://700wlw.iheart.com/onair/lance-mcalister-7818/vines-hold-on-a-second-15117710/
Reply/Quote
Congrats to Geno. I didn't think he had what would appear to be a 'Pro Bowl' like season, BUT at the same time it is also relative to the other interior tackles out there, and he was better than them.

In regards to Mixon not making it, I don't have a problem when looking at the overall numbers of the 3 that got in. I think Lindsey was the only one that maybe an argument could be made about, but Lindsey has 4 less yards rushing, a higher average/rush, and 1 more TD, though Mixon has 50 more receiving yards.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Winning teams don't worry much about the refs..losing teams do.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 04:14 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Winning teams don't worry much about the refs..losing teams do.

And the refs sure help the Steelers win and help us lose.. they do.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 12:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Does it help to actually see all the zeros?

10/14 0 sacks
10/21 0 sacks
10/28 0 sacks
Bye
11/11 0 sacks
11/18 1 sack
11/25 0 sacks
12/2 0 sacks
12/9 0 sacks

That is not a good stretch no matter how you spin it. Obviously sacks aren’t everthing, but he was not an impact player for about 2 months. That’s all some people are saying. But you can’t be even the slightest bit critical about a certain 2 players on this team without people flipping out.

Geno and AJ? Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 03:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The officials throw in a bunch of flags for holding, etc., against the Stealers on plays that don't matter, so that the numbers don't appear to be biased. All you have to do is watch the games though and see that when it matters, on crucial plays in crucial games, the refs keep their hands in their pockets.....
Here is the McAlister Vine collection.....
https://700wlw.iheart.com/onair/lance-mcalister-7818/vines-hold-on-a-second-15117710/

Thanks for the link.
Reply/Quote
If our D-ends got more pressure then they couldn't double Geno as much and his numbers would be better. The D-line has been a let down this year Geno has been the best of the group. Dunlap needs to step up, I know he has been good but I really thought he was going to be great.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 02:26 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The post was about the pro bowl and how good he is today. I did go back five games to prove my point of how he is underwhelming this year and in the past against the Steelers.. The stats you want to cite are from previous years in which he already received accolades. If you are happy with this years performance good but I have watched every game and saw how he disappeared.

To criticize his performance this year you eliminated his good games.

To criticize his performance against the Steelers you eliminated his good games.

Every DT in the league plays against bad teams, and Atkins is one of only 3 DTs to have 10 sacks this year.  If that is "disappearing" then almost every DT in the league has also "disappeared" this year. 

Aaron Donald has 6 games with zero sack and Atkins has 8.  What is the big deal?
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 10:27 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Take away the two against a terrible Miami team and the three he had against the lowly Raiders and he has five sacks in 12 games , not exactly pro bowl stats. One sack and only four QB hits in a eight game stretch (seven of those games were losses) looks pathetic for a first team all pro. The Bengals pay him superstar money he needs to play that way against the good teams too.

Atkins has 6 sacks against 8 teams that are .500 or higher.

Also, the Dolphins aren't terrible. They've beaten the Titans, Bears, and Patriots. They're 3-4 against teams that have winning records.
For comparison; the Steelers are 2-3 against teams that have winning records. Seahawks are 2-4. Ravens are 2-3. Cowboys are 1-4. Vikings are 1-4.

That's 5 teams in the playoffs that the Dolphins have more wins against teams with winning records.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 11:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-pro-bowl-selections-announced-patrick-mahomes-leads-afc-first-nod-012338702.html

Our only Pro Bowler

It seems like Geno made it on name this year. I was not impressed with his play this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 08:42 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: It seems like Geno made it on name this year. I was not impressed with his play this year.

Then you haven't paid attention.

One of only 3 DTs to have double digit sacks. Also has 13 TFLs, which ranks him 13th in the NFL. Only two interior lineman are above him (Donald and Buckner).
Last week, Geno Atkins had 54 total QB pressures, ranking him 3rd among ALL NFL players. He now has 61 total QB pressures after his game against Oakland.
Who would you put ahead of him?
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
It's sad that in this shit season we can't even celebrate the slightest positivity in one of our players making the Pro Bowl without it descending into a fracas.

Congrats anyway, Geno. Apparently some of us fans are happy for you.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 05:28 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Geno and AJ? Mellow

Nope. I see plenty of criticism for AJ dropping too many balls, “disappearing” being injury prone, etc. And people do not show up in droves to defend him.

We all know who I was referring to.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 10:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nope. I see plenty of criticism for AJ dropping too many balls, “disappearing” being injury prone, etc. And people do not show up in droves to defend him.  

Yes they do, and you know it.

Just say the word and I will prove it.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 09:16 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It's sad that in this shit season we can't even celebrate the slightest positivity in one of our players making the Pro Bowl without it descending into a fracas.

Congrats anyway, Geno. Apparently some of us fans are happy for you.

You know how it works. Once the Super Bowl guys aren't playing, John Ross, Nick Vigil, and Uzomah will be replacing them. We'll have 6-7 pro bowlers before you know it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 10:39 PM)jason Wrote: You know how it works. Once the Super Bowl guys aren't playing, John Ross, Nick Vigil, and Uzomah will be replacing them. We'll have 6-7 pro bowlers before you know it.

It used to be a free vacation to Hawaii....now it's Florida.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 04:14 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Winning teams don't worry much about the refs..losing teams do.

This pisses me off so much when people give this argument. Watch the damn games. If the game is close bullshit calls determines who the winner and who the loser is. So of course the team that is on the losing side of the bs is going to complain. 
Reply/Quote