Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats Geno
This celebratory thread escalated quickly
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 10:51 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Again i'm just pissed Mixon is a third alternate. FFS he leads the AFC in rushing despite playing behind one of the worst lines in the NFL, despite missing two games, and despite Lazor's poor use of him.

Sure the PB game doesn't mean squat these days and in fact it hurts the actual honor of being selected - but being selected still means something.

Obviously, considering all the bickering about Atkins.

Agree....and Justin Tucker got snubbed too?  That's crazy.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 04:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And the refs sure help the Steelers win and help us lose.. they do.

Blame the refs all you want, we lose because this is a team built to lose. Losing teams have excuses that they constantly pull out - bad luck, bad bounce, bed refs, injuries, etc. etc. It is what losing teams do, winning teams just ignore the noise and work on winning.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 12:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is obvious trolling.

So you have watched all the games. Are you saying that you think that Geno has played well this year? You can look at numbers all you want but times when you get the sacks or pressures matters also. 

Getting a sack for -1 yards in the first quarter of the second drive is still good. After you give up the first down on the next play, that sack is worthless. Not saying that is all his fault of course but he makes big money. He needs more games like Oakland where he sealed the game with dominate play at the end. Obviously you can affect the game in other ways by drawing double teams and letting teammates get the stats but our defense is on pace to be historically bad. How can someone be above criticism when they make the most money on a historically bad defense??????
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 12:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is obvious trolling.

This is the truth . Disprove it or STFU
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 01:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agree....and Justin Tucker got snubbed too?  That's crazy.

Justin Tucker is the best field goal kicker ever and he is having a good year. If he played us every week he would make the all time points record more unbreakable than Cy Young's all time wins record.
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
levity

ans here's another angle

Ninja

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 12:15 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: This pisses me off so much when people give this argument. Watch the damn games. If the game is close bullshit calls determines who the winner and who the loser is. So of course the team that is on the losing side of the bs is going to complain. 

Same here, if DeCastro gets called for even half of the holds he committed against us last game we win that game...
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 01:33 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]
levity

ans here's another angle

Ninja
One of those every two and one half games is not impressive at all
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 06:56 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Just who are the eight teams above .500? Here are the games against teams still in playoff hunt Chargers zero sacks, NO zero sacks, Kc zero sacks, Browns zero sacks, Steelers zero sacks, Broncos zero sacks. Try to skew the stats all you want he has played poorly against good teams.
Also the Bengals third downs allowed rate is over fifty percent. Its good that he had those three sacks last week it really gives some fans something to crow about. 

Reading comprehension is hard, apparently.
I stated he has 6 sacks in his 8 games against teams that are .500 or higher.

Browns aren't at .500 or higher. They're behind the Chargers, Ravens, Dolphins, Colts, and Titans in the playoff hunt.

He has sacks against the Dolphins, Colts, and both Ravens games.
So that's 4 out of 8 games.

Never said it wasn't at 50%. Just said it wasn't 56%.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 08:39 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I responded to a fact that someone stated 6 sacks against 8 playoff teams. That was misleading and you would have to be Bengals homer to accept that as fact. Six sacks vs three po teams was correct and Zero sacks vs 6 po teams was also correct. Your assumption of 6-8 seeks to assume a 75% sack rate /game  while it really is 33% per game. So you are satisfied with our highest paid defensive player disappearing in big games ? He makes 19 million /year for 4million more we could have had Mack who is a game changing defensive force.

6 sacks in 8 games where the team is .500 or higher. It's not a "homer fact". It's a fact. Period.

Who was the 6 playoff teams where Atkins doesn't have a sack? Or even the teams that are .500 or higher?

Actually, 6 sacks in 8 games is actually pretty decent. Especially for a DT. He has a sack in 4 of those 8 games, but also doesn't in 4 of those games.
So Atkins is at 50%, not 33%.

Wait. But you brought up Mack.....
Mack only has 3 sacks in his 5 games against teams that are .500 or higher.
Which is 60%.
I think being only 10% below Khalil Mack as an interior lineman is actually pretty good.

Also, Mack and Atkins play very different positions. At least compare him to other interior defensive lineman.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 01:24 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: So you have watched all the games. Are you saying that you think that Geno has played well this year? You can look at numbers all you want but times when you get the sacks or pressures matters also. 

Getting a sack for -1 yards in the first quarter of the second drive is still good. After you give up the first down on the next play, that sack is worthless. Not saying that is all his fault of course but he makes big money. He needs more games like Oakland where he sealed the game with dominate play at the end. Obviously you can affect the game in other ways by drawing double teams and letting teammates get the stats but our defense is on pace to be historically bad. How can someone be above criticism when they make the most money on a historically bad defense??????

If you look at this entire defense and conclude Geno Atkins is the reason why they suck.....you have problems. You want to know why this defense sucks? Look to the linebackers. Jordan Evans, Vincent Rey, Hardy Nickerson, Vontaze Burfict. Burfict is a shell of his former self and none of the others would start on a decent defense. Nick Vigil is the only one having a reasonable year. Teams know this and they exploit it with quick throws. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 05:19 PM)MentalRage Wrote: If you look at this entire defense and conclude Geno Atkins is the reason why they suck.....you have problems. You want to know why this defense sucks? Look to the linebackers. Jordan Evans, Vincent Rey, Hardy Nickerson, Vontaze Burfict. Burfict is a shell of his former self and none of the others would start on a decent defense. Nick Vigil is the only one having a reasonable year. Teams know this and they exploit it with quick throws. 

Pretty much this! Not only has hurt the line but it also hurts the secondary.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 04:58 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: 6 sacks in 8 games where the team is .500 or higher. It's not a "homer fact". It's a fact. Period.

Who was the 6 playoff teams where Atkins doesn't have a sack? Or even the teams that are .500 or higher?

Actually, 6 sacks in 8 games is actually pretty decent. Especially for a DT. He has a sack in 4 of those 8 games, but also doesn't in 4 of those games.

Which is 60%.
I think being only 10% below Khalil Mack as an interior lineman is actually pretty good.

Also, Mack and Atkins play very different positions. At least compare him to other interior defensive lineman.
Mack plays five and Geno plays eight  and you want to compare. Mack has three games total without a sack. Geno has eight. Mack has ten more sacks than all the Bengals linebackers combined. Mack is leading his team to the playoffs and Geno is ..Well
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 05:19 PM)MentalRage Wrote: If you look at this entire defense and conclude Geno Atkins is the reason why they suck.....you have problem.

This proves how little he knows about football.

You will never hear anyone who knows anything about football blame a great player for the poor play of his teammates.

It is almost as ridiculous as claiming nfl players dont learn anything in practice or meetings or film study.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2018, 01:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This proves how little he knows about football.

You will never hear anyone who knows anything about football blame a great player for the poor play of his teammates.

It is almost as ridiculous as claiming nfl players dont learn anything in practice or meetings or film study.

I have watching Bengals football for 40 years so I know as much as any other fan does including you. I dont know where you get off acting like you are greater than anyone else on this board but your ego is ridiculous. I was not blaming Geno for this defense being bad. I know he is a great player, all I said is this is a historically bad defense and he makes the most money and he is the leader. If we can praise him we can also criticize him too.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2018, 07:16 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: I have watching Bengals football for 40 years so I know as much as any other fan does including you. I dont know where you get off acting like you are greater than anyone else on this board but your ego is ridiculous. I was not blaming Geno for this defense being bad. I know he is a great player, all I said is this is a historically bad defense and he makes the most money and he is the leader. If we can praise him we can also criticize him too.

No. You can't criticize a good player for the poor play of his teammates.

That is absurd. I can give tons of examples of great players on bad teams. You cant say a player is bad just because he plays on a bad tram.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 01:20 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Blame the refs all you want, we lose because this is a team built to lose. Losing teams have excuses that they constantly pull out - bad luck, bad bounce, bed refs, injuries, etc. etc. It is what losing teams do, winning teams just ignore the noise and work on winning.

If we were winning i wouldn't be complaining about it lol

Bottom line is that if a team like the Steelers doesn't get called for holding while they do it all game long and the
other team is called for holding even when they do not it is BS. This costs teams games and cost us our first game
against them this year that led to our 5 game skid that took us out of the Playoff conversation.

The coaches are the problem with this team and it is obvious but we don't need BS calls or non calls influencing
games one way or another. Anyone that has watched the Bengals vs Steeler games over the years knows there is
a bias going on in favor of the Steelers and this is wrong.

The Steelers were holding Geno in our first game and i bet they will again next game. Hopefully Geno gets a call,
if he does it might make the Steelers think about holding and Geno can have a good game like he did against the
Raiders.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 04:58 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: 6 sacks in 8 games where the team is .500 or higher. It's not a "homer fact". It's a fact. Period.

Which is 60%.

My man... You are arguing with someone who is saying Geno Atkins sucks. That notion, and any attempt to prove it (especially when it's done by eliminating sacks that he actually has) is beyond foolish.

There isn't a team in the NFL that wouldn't want Geno on their D line... Period.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2018, 04:13 PM)jason Wrote: My man... You are arguing with someone who is saying Geno Atkins sucks. That notion, and any attempt to prove it (especially when it's done by eliminating sacks that he actually has) is beyond foolish.

There isn't a team in the NFL that wouldn't want Geno on their D line... Period.

True that.
Reply/Quote