Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats Geno
(12-20-2018, 08:55 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Mack plays five and Geno plays eight  and you want to compare. Mack has three games total without a sack. Geno has eight. Mack has ten more sacks than all the Bengals linebackers combined. Mack is leading his team to the playoffs and Geno is ..Well

You're comparing an edge rusher to an interior defensive lineman. And Mack has 3 sacks in 5 games where the team is .500. Atkins has 6 sacks in 8 games where the team is .500 or higher. Again, that's a 60% compared to 50%.

14 of the 17 players that have double digit sacks are either a DE or pass rushing LB.

You just compared a 3-4 linebacker with having sacks to a 4-3 linebacker. Learn actual football.

What DEFENSIVE TACKLE outside of Aaron Donald would you put ahead of Geno Atkins?
Or do you not have any?
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2018, 04:13 PM)jason Wrote: My man... You are arguing with someone who is saying Geno Atkins sucks. That notion, and any attempt to prove it (especially when it's done by eliminating sacks that he actually has) is beyond foolish.

There isn't a team in the NFL that wouldn't want Geno on their D line... Period.

You right

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2018, 10:24 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: You're comparing an edge rusher to an interior defensive lineman. And Mack has 3 sacks in 5 games where the team is .500. Atkins has 6 sacks in 8 games where the team is .500 or higher. Again, that's a 60% compared to 50%.

14 of the 17 players that have double digit sacks are either a DE or pass rushing LB.

You just compared a 3-4 linebacker with having sacks to a 4-3 linebacker. Learn actual football.

What DEFENSIVE TACKLE outside of Aaron Donald would you put ahead of Geno Atkins?
Or do you not have any?
How about Chris Jones of the Chiefs? Fourteen sacks and he didn't get selected. The thing you football gurus have to remember is the pro bowl is a popularity contest and has nothing to do with the best player. GENO WAS NOT DESERVING THIS YEAR. I am sure that he has been deserving in the past and was robbed but all I am saying is no way is he the best tackle in 2018.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 01:33 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]
levity

[Image: giphy.gif]
ans here's another angle

Ninja

You know you are grasping at straws when you have to go back three + years to get a highlight of a decent play. He has not sacked Ben since 2015. This Geno is great ,the one who lined up this year was good, but no way is he the best in football.
Reply/Quote
Chris Jones had a good season for sure. He will have to prove he's not a one year wonder before he truly gets credi thought, just like most players outside of Pittsburgh, New England and Dallas. Besides, if you take away his 3 best games, he only has 7.5 sacks. Next season when teams game plan for him, we'll see if he is going to be a future pro bowler. Right now Geno is a lot more proven and he and everyone else's numbers have started to rise a bit since Austin was fired and Marvin took over. I think a lot of our players suffered from bad coaching on defense this season. Not too mention the weakest LB crew in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 11:06 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Chris Jones had a good season for sure. He will have to prove he's not a one year wonder before he truly gets credi thought, just like most players outside of Pittsburgh, New England and Dallas. Besides, if you take away his 3 best games, he only has 7.5 sacks. Next season when teams game plan for him, we'll see if he is going to be a future pro bowler. Right now Geno is a lot more proven and he and everyone else's numbers have started to rise a bit since Austin was fired and Marvin took over. I think a lot of our players suffered from bad coaching on defense this season. Not too mention the weakest LB crew in the NFL.

You will skewered by leaving out the best games. Oh that was when I did it trying to make a point about a obviously revered Cincinnati player. But take Genos three best games away and he a grand total of three in eleven games. Not exactly Pro bowl candidate numbers. Most people think I am too hard on him but we need him as the old Geno who dominated the middle flushing QBs put of the pocket to the defensive ends. Being just a guy won't help this team, especially a guy who eats up 10% of the salary cap.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 01:10 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Being just a guy won't help this team, especially a guy who eats up 10% of the salary cap.

But he is not "just a guy". It is absurd to try and judge players by taking away their top games, but if you do it for every dy in the league geno still has top level numbers.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 01:10 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: You will skewered by leaving out the best games. Oh that was when I did it trying to make a point about a obviously revered Cincinnati player. But take Genos three best games away and he a grand total of three in eleven games. Not exactly Pro bowl candidate numbers. Most people think I am too hard on him but we need him as the old Geno who dominated the middle flushing QBs put of the pocket to the defensive ends. Being just a guy won't help this team, especially a guy who eats up 10% of the salary cap.

Geno is a future HOF'r. He's still putting up big numbers with a weak supporting cast for the most part. He made the pro bowl because he's proven and still proving. Thats pretty much just how life goes.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 01:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But he is not "just a guy". It is absurd to try and judge players by taking away their top games, but if you do it for every dy in the league geno still has top level numbers.

He is NOT the top DT in the league . Most popular yes but not the best by any stretch of the imagination. I was responding to another post that took away three games to make Geno look more favorable.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 01:43 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Geno is a future HOF'r. He's still putting up big numbers with a weak supporting cast for the most part. He made the pro bowl because he's proven and still proving. Thats pretty much just how life goes.

This is a hypothetical situation so don't go ape shit crazy. Say they named the pro bowl team last week before Geno got three sacks would all of you rah -rah crowd still think Geno should have been named over Jones even though Jones had TWICE as many sacks as Geno? What if Jones breaks the single season record of 18? I bet you homers would still say Geno is better. 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 02:34 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: This is a hypothetical situation so don't go ape shit crazy. Say they named the pro bowl team last week before Geno got three sacks would all of you rah -rah crowd still think Geno should have been named over Jones even though Jones had TWICE as many sacks as Geno? What if Jones breaks the single season record of 18? I bet you homers would still say Geno is better. 

Well yeah because he is 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 02:34 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: This is a hypothetical situation so don't go ape shit crazy. Say they named the pro bowl team last week before Geno got three sacks would all of you rah -rah crowd still think Geno should have been named over Jones even though Jones had TWICE as many sacks as Geno? What if Jones breaks the single season record of 18? I bet you homers would still say Geno is better. 

[Image: king_kong_1933-24.jpg?fit=450%2C338]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 02:22 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: He is NOT the top DT in the league . Most popular yes but not the best by any stretch of the imagination. I was responding to another post that took away three games to make Geno look more favorable.

I did not mean he was the best. He is among the best. List all the DTs you think are better.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 10:37 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: How about Chris Jones of the Chiefs? Fourteen sacks and he didn't get selected. The thing you football gurus have to remember is the pro bowl is a popularity contest and has nothing to do with the best player. GENO WAS NOT DESERVING THIS YEAR. I am sure that he has been deserving in the past and was robbed but all I am saying is no way is he the best tackle in 2018.

Pro Bowl does not equal All Pro.
Pro Bowl is the top 3 DTs from each conference.
Never said he was the best DT. Said he is among the best and top 3 in most cases.

Geno was deserving this year. Nothing you have said has disproven any of the facts I've stated supporting that argument.

Chris Jones is certainly a great player. Certainly should be in there.
But among the AFC players, Atkins has the most sacks from any of the players that made it.

Do you think Geno Atkins is having a worse year than Cameron Heyward or Jurrell Casey? Cause those are two that made it.

Reply/Quote
He played today didn’t he?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 06:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He played today didn’t he?

Dude shut up
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 06:56 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Dude shut up

Ok Jakeypoo

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 06:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ok Jakeypoo

Appreciate it
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:07 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Appreciate it

Just keep being happy with mediocrity. Exactly what Mike Brown expects out of this fan base.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just keep being happy with mediocrity. Exactly what Mike Brown expects out of this fan base.

Because 1st Ballot HOF screams Mediocrity?
J24

Reply/Quote