Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats Geno
(12-23-2018, 07:25 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Because 1st Ballot HOF screams Mediocrity?

Why is it so hard to just be honest and say he was not a factor again today?

Even the announcers said we desperately needed a defensive playmaker like Geno to step up and make a play at the end of the game to give us a chance. It didn’t happen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why is it so hard to just be honest and say he was not a factor again today?

Even the announcers said we desperately needed a defensive playmaker like Geno to step up and make a play at the end of the game to give us a chance. It didn’t happen.

Because I actually know football and understand what the Browns were doing with there dink and dunk game. Also not to mention the double teaming the guy probably received. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 08:18 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Because I actually know football and understand what the Browns were doing with there dink and dunk game. Also not to mention the double teaming the guy probably received. 

Lol you know no more about football than anyone else here.

And at some point the excuses have to end, and your best players have to go out and make a play.

But I’m done arguing with you. Geno played great today, and it’s absurd to say otherwise!

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 08:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lol you know no more about football than anyone else here.

And at some point the excuses have to end, and your best players have to go out and make a play.

But I’m done arguing with you. Geno played great today, and it’s absurd to say otherwise!

I no more about it than you that's for sure.
By the way he has been making plays all year that's why he is in the pro bowl. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 08:29 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I no more about it than you that's for sure.
By the way he has been making plays all year that's why he is in the pro bowl. 

No you don’t. You’re the guy who thinks coaching is less important in football than other sports.

You’re a joke.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 08:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No you don’t. You’re the guy who thinks coaching is less important in football than other sports.

You’re a joke.

No what I said was talent is more important than coaching in all professional sports. I didn't say just football.  
You're literally trying to say a first ballot HOF who his having a good season is the problem with the team. That's a complete joke of a take.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 08:41 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: No what I said was talent is more important than coaching in all professional sports. I didn't say just football.  
You're literally trying to say a first ballot HOF who his having a good season is the problem with the team. That's a complete joke of a take.

All I’ve said (multiple times in this thread) is he’s disappeared a lot this year against good OL’s (and even some bad ones Carolina had backups in and they held him in check). And that’s it frustrating.

But you can’t express frustration with Geno’s play on this board without...

“YOU THINK GENO SUCKS???”

“HOF!!!”

“Pro Bowlzzzzz!!!”

“You don’t know football”

Reply/Quote
And I never ONCE said Geno is the problem with this team, that’s absurd.

The problem is obviously OL and LB. Doesn’t mean you can’t be disappointed when your stud player on defense doesn’t impact a game.

Reply/Quote
List the other DT’s that currently have 15 sacks? I know that many fans only look at sacks? If they don’t have 15 sacks then they obviously aren’t putting up a sack every game.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:01 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: List the other DT’s that currently have 15 sacks? I know that many fans only look at sacks? If they don’t have 15 sacks then they obviously aren’t putting up a sack every game.
Chris jones has 14.
Where I come from that's one per game.
Reply/Quote
Hard to get sacks when the QB can just dump the ball out to a TE or RB because the LB's are terrible...
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:01 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: List the other DT’s that currently have 15 sacks? I know that many fans only look at sacks? If they don’t have 15 sacks then they obviously aren’t putting up a sack every game.

He’s played very well at times this season.

How would you rate his play today?

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:12 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Chris jones has 14.

So, Geno gets grief because he’s not the number 1 sack leading DT? I just don’t get people complaining about something that is way low on the problems list.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:39 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: So, Geno gets grief because he’s not the number 1 sack leading DT? I just don’t get people complaining about something that is way low on the problems list.

When you pay 19million a year you expect to have a player who can excel in crucial situations in big games not just against weak teams.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:39 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: So, Geno gets grief because he’s not the number 1 sack leading DT? I just don’t get people complaining about something that is way low on the problems list.

It’s about expectations. Just like the people that expect AJ to never drop a ball...

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s played very well at times this season.

How would you rate his play today?

I had some family stuff going on today. This is the first week that I’ve missed watching in quite awhile. The Bengals aren’t going to be a priority for me anymore. I’m not rewarded with enough winning to dedicate time to every game anymore. Did he play bad today or is the main gripe that there wasn’t a sack?
Reply/Quote
There were no sacks today. Bengals didn't even get credited with a QB hit. It makes no sense. Mayfield punks us and we don't even put him on the ground once
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:44 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: When you pay 19million a year you expect to have a player who can excel in crucial situations in big games not just against weak teams.

That is a lot of green! Are you saying that he got no push today? Was he doubled? It’s funny how a lineman that has a sack is always perceived as having a better game than a lineman without a sack. That isn’t always the fact.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:46 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I had some family stuff going on today. This is the first week that I’ve missed watching in quite awhile. The Bengals aren’t going to be a priority for me anymore. I’m not rewarded with enough winning to dedicate time to every game anymore. Did he play bad today or is the main gripe that there wasn’t a sack?

He was a non-factor. Only 2 solo tackles/no assists. Chubb ran all over us, too.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:12 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Chris jones has 14.

Geno has 10 sacks and 5 more tackles than Chris Jones has. He’s not too far off. Are they playing next to equally good linemen? All I’m saying is that sacks don’t tell the whole story.
Reply/Quote