Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Terrorist attack at tOSU
(12-01-2016, 11:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I can't be any more clear. I can only repeat what i've already typed, which is unnecessary because it's all still there. 

Yes, and it is clear by what you posted that you really don't want the President to be quick to make comments unless it is something that you want him to talk about.  If there is any hint of police misconduct you want him to keep quiet and not say anything.

This is all really meaningless.  the President should not be required to make a comment about everything that happens in this country unless there is a need to.  Saying "good job" every time someone does his job serves no purpose other than pandering.  Trump just does it because he knows it is one of those little buttons he can push to get his followers moony eyed over what a great man he is. 
(12-02-2016, 11:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes, and it is clear by what you posted that you really don't want the President to be quick to make comments unless it is something that you want him to talk about.  If there is any hint of police misconduct you want him to keep quiet and not say anything.

This is all really meaningless.  the President should not be required to make a comment about everything that happens in this country unless there is a need to.  Saying "good job" every time someone does his job serves no purpose other than pandering.  Trump just does it because he knows it is one of those little buttons he can push to get his followers moony eyed over what a great man he is. 

I get it. You and other think an assault on the 3rd biggest Academic Institution in this Nation is just another day and not deserving of comment from POTUS. And if the President Elect mentions it he's just "pushing buttons"

Let's see how consistant and unbiased you and others remain in your views
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-02-2016, 11:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes, and it is clear by what you posted that you really don't want the President to be quick to make comments unless it is something that you want him to talk about.  If there is any hint of police misconduct you want him to keep quiet and not say anything.

This is one of the most ridiculous and clueless things i've seen on here.

I'm looking for consistency. 

Do i need to elaborate any more than that, or do you have it yet?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(12-02-2016, 01:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I get it. You and other think an assault on the 3rd biggest Academic Institution in this Nation is just another day and not deserving of comment from POTUS. 

You keep using the term "deserving".  What exactly do you mean by that?

I don't think the president should be required to comment on every news story.  There are big stories everyday with people dying and others saving lives in plane crashes and train wrecks and tornadoes and floods and so on and so on and so on.  I just don't see how every single one of these would require a an immediate comment from the President.

So what exactly is your criteria for requiring the President to comment?
(12-02-2016, 01:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I get it. You and other think an assault on the 3rd biggest Academic Institution in this Nation is just another day and not deserving of comment from POTUS. And if the President Elect mentions it he's just "pushing buttons"

Let's see how consistant and unbiased you and others remain in your views

1) OSU is not the 3rd biggest:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_largest_United_States_colleges_and_universities_by_enrollment

Ohio State University
Public
Ohio

Unless we limit it to "University Campus" only:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_university_campuses_by_enrollment

2) A month ago there was a much larger series of attacks.  I don't think anyone here posted about it nor did Trump tweet, nor did Obama comment.  I wonder why?

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/10/roving_youths_attack_students.html
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-02-2016, 02:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This is one of the most ridiculous and clueless things i've seen on here.

I'm looking for consistency. 

Do i need to elaborate any more than that, or do you have it yet?

If you are looking for consistency then why in the world would you compare this shooting to what happened in Ferguson?
One was an alleged killing by government employee that caused riots in the streets.  Another was a knife attack by a deranged person.  The consequences of the two situations were completely different.  One required the President to comment in a way that calmed the rioters the other did not.
(12-02-2016, 02:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you are looking for consistency then why in the world would you compare this shooting to what happened in Ferguson?
One was an alleged killing by government employee that caused riots in the streets.  Another was a knife attack by a deranged person.  The consequences of the two situations were completely different.  One required the President to comment in a way that calmed the rioters the other did not.

Why are you wasting both of our time comparing one other incident to the OSU incident?

When i said 'consistency', i meant overall, as in all matters. Be consistent whether you're trying to calm an angry mob, trying to calm a community that is on the verge of being an angry mob, offering condolences to families or praising law enforcement. 

He has been far from consistent. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(12-02-2016, 02:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You keep using the term "deserving".  What exactly do you mean by that?

I don't think the president should be required to comment on every news story.  There are big stories everyday with people dying and others saving lives in plane crashes and train wrecks and tornadoes and floods and so on and so on and so on.  I just don't see how every single one of these would require a an immediate comment from the President.

So what exactly is your criteria for requiring the President to comment?

derserving, merit, worthy- the state, fact, or quality of deserving well or, sometimes, ill; desert

Now that we have the word out of the way. N one is saying POTUS should comment on every news story. I just feel an attacked on the 3rd (I got it Dino) largest Academis Institution may be deserving (worth, merit) comment from POTUS; apparently you and others do not. Each person only truly knows why they feel the way they feel and you suggest your position is because it's not a big enough deal.

(12-02-2016, 02:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Each person only truly knows why they feel the way they feel 

And that is the problem.  When you don't have any set criteria then you go off just raw feelings, and in the case of a few people around here that means Obama is always wrong.

For example if this attack at OSU had lead to crowds of angry white people protesting or attacking Somalian refugees and Obama said nothing then I would criticize his silence.  That is because I act on reason instead of just feeling.
(12-02-2016, 03:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And that is the problem.  When you don't have any set criteria then you go off just raw feelings, and in the case of a few people around here that means Obama is always wrong.

For example if this attack at OSU had lead to crowds of angry white people protesting or attacking Somalian refugees and Obama said nothing then I would criticize his silence.  That is because I act on reason instead of just feeling.

So your criteria is riots and attacks.

While I would like to see a message to the millions of young kids on College campuses everywhere, that we are working to ensure this does not happen to you.

Using your "reasoning". How many non-riot causing attacks on college campuses would it take before you would "reason" POTUS should address the population that was attacked?

(12-02-2016, 03:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And that is the problem.  When you don't have any set criteria then you go off just raw feelings, and in the case of a few people around here that means Obama is always wrong.

[Image: ken7j.jpg]
(12-02-2016, 02:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why are you wasting both of our time comparing one other incident to the OSU incident?

I was just responding to a link you posted.
(12-04-2016, 12:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was just responding to a link you posted.

Picking part of a link and ignoring the rest, as well as ignoring most of what another person is saying, is an ineffective way of debating. 

(12-04-2016, 01:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Picking part of a link and ignoring the rest, as well as ignoring most of what another person is saying, is an ineffective way of debating. 

We all know this is Fred's modus operandi to a tee.