Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Terrorist attack at tOSU
(12-01-2016, 12:53 AM)Benton Wrote: lots of people are disappointed in Obama. I wouldn't say disdain for trump is exultation for Obama.

I agree but i don't think that has much, if anything, to do with what i was saying. I just always get the (unfortunate) feeling that some points that are raised, are summarily discarded because of who they're made by--whether it's this case, or a case of someone(s) else in the past. 

When a POTUS can take the time to speak on an event that's national news, and does it on several occasions--sometimes where he probably shouldn't--but chooses to remain silent other times, and it becomes questionable why and when he chooses to speak; if a question is raised as to why he hasn't, it shouldn't be dismissed based on who raises the question simply because a certain group likes to disagree with everything that person says. It's counter to what a discussion on a message board is meant to be and turns the focus on the person, not the point. 

I really don't stand on one side or the other when it comes to agreeing or disagreeing with the question. Nor do i stand on one side or the other with my opinion on what the POTUS decides to speak on. Not strongly, at least. I just think the question has merit but it's hard to exchange opinions when the question is dismissed because of the messenger. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(12-01-2016, 01:53 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I agree but i don't think that has much, if anything, to do with what i was saying. I just always get the (unfortunate) feeling that some points that are raised, are summarily discarded because of who they're made by--whether it's this case, or a case of someone(s) else in the past. 

When a POTUS can take the time to speak on an event that's national news, and does it on several occasions--sometimes where he probably shouldn't--but chooses to remain silent other times, and it becomes questionable why and when he chooses to speak; if a question is raised as to why he hasn't, it shouldn't be dismissed based on who raises the question simply because a certain group likes to disagree with everything that person says. It's counter to what a discussion on a message board is meant to be and turns the focus on the person, not the point. 

I really don't stand on one side or the other when it comes to agreeing or disagreeing with the question. Nor do i stand on one side or the other with my opinion on what the POTUS decides to speak on. Not strongly, at least. I just think the question has merit but it's hard to exchange opinions when the question is dismissed because of the messenger. 

So which way do you want it?  For the POTUS to comment immediately on every tragedy?  Or to not comment "when he probably shouldn't"?  During a time when many people are already edgy about (and violent toward) immigrants what would you have the President say? Other than a pat on the back for the officer who stopped the attacker?  

Trump likes to run his mouth and tweet his feelings on a subject.  And he doesn't know when to stop.

Hence:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-ohio-state-attacker-should-not-have-been-in-our-country-145344186.html

Quote:President-elect Donald Trump believes that the Somali immigrant who plowed a car into a crowd of pedestrians on the campus of Ohio State University on Monday and then used a butcher knife to attack them should never have been allowed to enter the United States.

Abdul Razak Ali Artan, a 20-year-old Muslim who was a lawful permanent resident and student at the school, was shot and killed by police moments after the attack began. Eleven people were wounded, but all of the victims survived. ISIS claimed responsibility for the assault on Tuesday, calling Artan one of its “soldiers.”

“ISIS is taking credit for the terrible stabbing attack at Ohio State University by a Somali refugee who should not have been in our country,” Trump tweeted early Wednesday.

Quote:[/url]
[url=https://postimg.org/image/9xx4b6nf7/][Image: trumposu.jpg]

But U.S. officials say there is no evidence Artan — a refugee who came to the United States with his family in 2014 after fleeing Somalia for Pakistan in 2007 — communicated directly with the terrorist organization. Rep. Adam Schiff, ranking Democrat on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, said Artan appeared to have been influenced by extremist material on the Internet.

“It appears that the attacker was radicalized online by jihadist propaganda,” Schiff said in a statement.

Trump’s statement echoes his controversial immigration plan, which first called for a temporary ban on all Muslims entering the United States. Trump announced that plan after terror attacks in San Bernardino and Paris. He later muddled his position, saying he wanted to suspend immigration from countries or regions that are “harboring and training terrorists.”

Trump told Yahoo News last year that he was open to the possibility of a database for Muslim Americans. The proposal was met with swift backlash, and Trump distanced himself from the idea. But earlier this month, Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, a Trump policy adviser and potential Homeland Security secretary, said the president-elect was mulling a registry for immigrants from Muslim countries.

He just blurts out whatever his opinion is based on nothing else.  Well, sometimes based on whatever FOX News is broadcasting that gets his gander up.

Sounds like something you would take the current POTUS to task for.  

As others on the board would say:

(11-30-2016, 12:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is amazing the amount of deflection that goes on here.

And 

(12-01-2016, 12:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Many are unapologetically hypocritical. 

I'll patiently wait while someone says it was because the attacker didn't use a gun.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-01-2016, 01:53 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nor do i stand on one side or the other with my opinion on what the POTUS decides to speak on. Not strongly, at least. I just think the question has merit but it's hard to exchange opinions when the question is dismissed because of the messenger. 

Oh I see.  You are just "Mr Neutral" trying to make an unbiased point, correct?  

Good thing you are not like this guy.

(11-30-2016, 09:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Considering the current POTUS was able to wrap his mouth around a mic 5 minutes after virtually every time a black man was shot by police, or a group of black people were killed by a white nut job, or any nut job with a gun killed a bunch of people--this being national news--you'd think he could spread on the chap stick and say a couple nice words. 
(11-29-2016, 01:41 PM)Benton Wrote: How does someone using a car and a knife to commit violence support efforts to reduce firearms? Normally when something like this happens it increases gun sales, and gives the gun lobby more to bank on.

Did you see the statements by Tim Cain and Anna De Rothchild (Clinton's  buddy/donor) about the attacks? They use every attack and blame it on gun violence because the average person does not read the details of a story anymore just the tweets and headlines. They blame everything on guns even when there was none. Hope and praying for the officer who had to put down this terrorist. Hard thing to deal with killing another person.

The officer is a hero ,unfortunately he had to be.
(12-01-2016, 12:23 PM)tigerseye Wrote: Did you see the statements by Tim Cain and Anna De Rothchild (Clinton's  buddy/donor) about the attacks? They use every attack and blame it on gun violence because the average person does not read the details of a story anymore just the tweets and headlines. They blame everything on guns even when there was none. Hope and praying for the officer who had to put down this terrorist. Hard thing to deal with killing another person.

Tim Kaine tweeted at a time when OSU was saying their was an "active shooter" situation.
Guess he couldn't hold his water. Sorry Tim and Anna. 
(12-01-2016, 12:23 PM)tigerseye Wrote: Did you see the statements by Tim Cain and Anna De Rothchild (Clinton's  buddy/donor) about the attacks? They use every attack and blame it on gun violence because the average person does not read the details of a story anymore just the tweets and headlines. They blame everything on guns even when there was none. Hope and praying for the officer who had to put down this terrorist. Hard thing to deal with killing another person.

this is exactly my concern.

kaine tweeted immediately before all the information was available. The gun comment was based off the terminology used by osu. And, because he didn't have the info, he propagated inaccuracies.

that was by a VP candidate no one cared about.

now, apply that to the potus. If he tweets immediately with inaccurate info, how much misinformation gets put out there? Especially since people will believe it because he's the potus and they assume he is utilizing his access to more info. Instead of randomly tweeting the first thing that pops into his head.
(12-01-2016, 12:42 PM)tigerseye Wrote: Guess he couldn't hold his water. Sorry Tim and Anna. 

Neither could/can Trump.
(12-01-2016, 08:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh I see.  You are just "Mr Neutral" trying to make an unbiased point, correct?  

Good thing you are not like this guy.

Did you miss the part where i said "not strongly, at least"? I'll assume you did, or that you didn't read that paragraph as light sarcasm and not bitterness or anger. No harm anyway. I'm just trying to make a point and you, at least, continue to ignore the original question and focus on side issues--helping to reinforce my point. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(12-01-2016, 08:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: So which way do you want it?  For the POTUS to comment immediately on every tragedy?  Or to not comment "when he probably shouldn't"?  During a time when many people are already edgy about (and violent toward) immigrants what would you have the President say? Other than a pat on the back for the officer who stopped the attacker?  

Trump likes to run his mouth and tweet his feelings on a subject.  And he doesn't know when to stop.

Hence:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-ohio-state-attacker-should-not-have-been-in-our-country-145344186.html

My preference would be that he (both of them) waits until the facts are in. In this case, that didn't take too long. Then make a simple statement*.

*for Obama, if he's going to jump in like he's done in the past, he should be able to say something in this case. Or not. Who cares, he's on the way out. 

*for Trump, he seriously needs to keep having someone run his twitter account and he should BTF away from it for the most part. His narcissism won't allow him to do that, but one could hope. 

(12-01-2016, 03:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote:  I'm just trying to make a point and you, at least, continue to ignore the original question and focus on side issues--helping to reinforce my point. 

I amnont ignoring any question.  I think it is not proper for Trump to make q tweet about how well someone performed if he has no idea what he is talking about.

And your claim that Obama makes a comment about every shooting where a black person is a victim within 5 minutes is just a complete lie.  why would I even respond to something like that.  It proves that you don't care about the truth.

Trump got elected because he knows what buttons to push.  Post a tweet complimenting law enforcement and all the pavlov dogs that follow him melt in admiration for what a great job he is doing.  None of you care if any of his tweets are treu or not.  you just agree because the support your opinion.
(12-01-2016, 04:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I amnont ignoring any question.  I think it is not proper for Trump to make q tweet about how well someone performed if he has no idea what he is talking about.

And your claim that Obama makes a comment about every shooting where a black person is a victim within 5 minutes is just a complete lie.  why would I even respond to something like that.  It proves that you don't care about the truth.

Trump got elected because he knows what buttons to push.  Post a tweet complimenting law enforcement and all the pavlov dogs that follow him melt in admiration for what a great job he is doing.  None of you care if any of his tweets are treu or not.  you just agree because the support your opinion.

The question was, "any word form the POTUS?".

My Obama claim was obvious hyperbole. I'm sorry you didn't see it that way. He has, though, made many comments on domestic issues that he could have or should have stayed away from. 

How hard is it for him to jump in front of a mic and praise the quick response of a LEO?

(11-30-2016, 03:31 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Is that what the POTUS is supposed to do? Sing praises of every LEO when they do their job?

It would keep them busy if they gave national praise every time a bad guy was stopped.

No, but it is his job to make a phone call for the cops that have been slain in the line of Duty.
I've been hearing from the family of slain cops that Trump has already called them and they are still waiting on Obama.
I'm on lunch, at work right now and don't have a lot of time to vet this site, but there are some quotes from the WHPS about Obama being briefed and some opinions on his handling of past issues. 

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/obama-silent-osu-attacks-despite-history-rushing-judgment

(12-01-2016, 04:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How hard is it for him to jump in front of a mic and praise the quick response of a LEO?

Why should it even matter how quickly he does it?
(12-01-2016, 04:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm on lunch, at work right now and don't have a lot of time to vet this site, but there are some quotes from the WHPS about Obama being briefed and some opinions on his handling of past issues. 

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/obama-silent-osu-attacks-despite-history-rushing-judgment

How can you compare this shooting to a suspicious police shooting?  They are nothing alike.

[Image: false-equivalence-jesus-and-hitler.jpg]
(12-01-2016, 12:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: Tim Kaine tweeted at a time when OSU was saying their was an "active shooter" situation.

It was over so quickly, that the gunshots people heard were the the police officer.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-01-2016, 06:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It was over so quickly, that the gunshots people heard were the the police officer.

Exactly.

No I don't know if he issued a correction or not though.  And I really feel it's such a non issue I'm not going to bother looking.
(12-01-2016, 04:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm on lunch, at work right now and don't have a lot of time to vet this site, but there are some quotes from the WHPS about Obama being briefed and some opinions on his handling of past issues. 

You are not going to get anyone that has commended Obama for speaking out in the past to condemn him for remaining mum on this one. Although, everybody know the difference and it's not because it is not deserving of words from POTUS.

Same as you are not going to get a Trump supporter to suggest he should walk back his comments about who should or should not have even been here.

Devisive politics is the way of the Nation and will remain that way for quite some time.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-01-2016, 04:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why should it even matter how quickly he does it?

You don't think it is important for POTUS to address the Nation in a timely manner?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]