Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Terrorist attack at tOSU
(12-01-2016, 06:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You don't think it is important for POTUS to address the Nation in a timely manner?

It sounds a little cold, but did anyone die?  Were there protests?  Is there a matter of national security that requires the words of the POTUS?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-01-2016, 06:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: It sounds a little cold, but did anyone die?  Were there protests?  Is there a matter of national security that requires the words of the POTUS?

The 3rd largest College Campus (arguably largest) in the Nation was attacked. And yes, someone died.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-01-2016, 06:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The 3rd largest College Campus (arguably largest) in the Nation was attacked. And yes, someone died.

The attacker died.
(12-01-2016, 06:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You don't think it is important for POTUS to address the Nation in a timely manner?

Not really.

Why do you think it is so important?  What exactly does it accomplish.

If there was a crowd of people going to lynch Somalian refugees over this then it would be important for the President to make a statement to calm people down.  But I really don't see a problem that he has to address immediately.  
(12-01-2016, 06:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: Exactly.

No I don't know if he issued a correction or not though.  And I really feel it's such a non issue I'm not going to bother looking.
he updated his post about two hours after the initial post, mentioned (if I remember right) a knife attack and nothing about a shooter.
(12-01-2016, 08:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not really.

If there was a crowd of people going to lynch Somalian refugees over this then it would be important for the President to make a statement to calm people down.  But I really don't see a problem that he has to address immediately.  

Not really is not really an answer.

But to answer your question. The 3rd largest University in his Nation was attacked. Perhaps assurances that we are working to ensure this doesn't happen again. Perhaps words to the Muslim youth not to be swayed by the recruiting methods of ISIL and other organizations that suggest killing Americans. Perhaps words to ISIL that that's your ass. Perhaps screw you dudes, I'm bringing in more Muslim Immigrants before I leave this *****.

But we all know why he isn't commenting; it's just some will try to push it off as "He doesn't need to" Even though one of the largest academic institutions in his Nation was attacked.

He is not commenting because this attack goes against many of the agendas he has pushed.

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-30-2016, 12:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He has first hand reports from witnesses that state that the LEO's quick action most likely saved lives and it is public knowledge the the School's Emergency Response system was put into affect.

It is amazing the amount of deflection that goes on here.

(12-01-2016, 08:18 PM)Benton Wrote: he updated his post about two hours after the initial post, mentioned (if I remember right) a knife attack and nothing about a shooter.

A whole two hours?!?!?!  No wonder!  That's like a month in internet-you've-upset me mode!
(12-01-2016, 04:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why should it even matter how quickly he does it?

Because he did it quickly for the other instances?

Because it's an instant gratification society?

Because it's not that hard to do?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(12-01-2016, 04:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How can you compare this shooting to a suspicious police shooting?  They are nothing alike.

[Image: false-equivalence-jesus-and-hitler.jpg]

I'm not really sure how you got so sidetracked. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(12-01-2016, 06:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You are not going to get anyone that has commended Obama for speaking out in the past to condemn him for remaining mum on this one. Although, everybody know the difference and it's not because it is not deserving of words from POTUS.

Same as you are not going to get a Trump supporter to suggest he should walk back his comments about who should or should not have even been here.

Devisive politics is the way of the Nation and will remain that way for quite some time.

It's unfortunate when people who suppose to be unbiased, don't display that unbias. But it's not even so much that, as it's going out of the way to excuse or ignore a legitimate issue. 

(12-01-2016, 06:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: It sounds a little cold, but did anyone die?  Were there protests?  Is there a matter of national security that requires the words of the POTUS?

Pretty sure the dude driving the car is super dead.

(12-01-2016, 08:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not really.

Are you ignoring the point on purpose? It was pointed out why the question was asked, a few times. 

(12-01-2016, 10:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's unfortunate when people who suppose to be unbiased, don't display that unbias. But it's not even so much that, as it's going out of the way to excuse or ignore a legitimate issue. 

What issue?

That some people think Obama:

a) speaks out to much on the "wrong" things
b) doesn't speak out when they think he should
c) didn't speak out this time when Trump did
d) should never have spoke out

Because I don't know why that is even ANY issue.  Heck the only reason the attack at OSU has its own thread is because somebody wanted to tie to a different thread about immigrants.  

If it turns out this was an ISIS sponsored event I'll expect to hear from the President.  Otherwise its just a cheap attempt to slam Obama again.  And everyone who DOESN'T think its a big deal whether he holds a press conference over it is accused of diverting and being hypocrites?

Crazy guy goes crazy and tries to kill people.  That's barely a headline anymore.

Fortunately he failed and he was killed before he got more chances.

If he has any links to terrorism at this point it looks like it was all from what he went looking for, not anything where ISIS reached out to him to convert him.

What the President says has about as much to do with as what Trump says.  Except Trump thinks everyone has to know his thoughts all the time, whether its about this, flag burning bits on FOX news at 6:30am or sex tapes that don't exist at 3:00am.  
(12-01-2016, 10:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: What issue?

Is this a serious question?

(12-01-2016, 10:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Is this a serious question?

Yes.

The "issue" that started the thread was:  Is this a possible terrorist attack.

Now its: Why didn't Obama say something when he said stuff about some other things but not all things.  

So what is the issue?
(12-01-2016, 10:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes.

That's unfortunate. 

(12-01-2016, 11:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's unfortunate. 

Well maybe if people were clear about their intentions and what they mean it would be easier.

Until someone decides to explain it....
(12-01-2016, 11:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well maybe if people were clear about their intentions and what they mean it would be easier.

Until someone decides to explain it....

I can't be any more clear. I can only repeat what i've already typed, which is unnecessary because it's all still there. 

He probably doesnt want to offend some of the Dem's voting base by giving praise to a leo. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

A LEO stopped a bad guy from doing bad stuff in the largest city in America today.

And Obama didnt even say anything about it. Scrub ass prez.

He needs to be on the TV 24/7 talking about terrorism, lone wolf attacks, how we stop them so fast, and why their plans fail. So all the copycats come forward and hopefully turn themselves in.

There are a lot of mental midgets out there. The president giving more notoriety and main stream press to a failed attack is like giving terrorism free commercials. Its over. Him saying something does nothing but give a terrorist more air time.