Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Time to disown Carson Palmer
(02-08-2020, 11:31 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Back to topic.

Carson Palmer.

Someone can be right and still be a prick.

I think he falls in this category for most fans.

If there is one thing we can learn from this it is that it might be unwise of us to hope Burrow kicks Mike Brown's door down and demands changes be made.  It's possible Mike Brown caves this time or Burrow would accept "No" as an answer, but live and learn.  Hopefully Burrow combines Palmer's 1st pick talent with Dalton's non-boat-rocking attitude.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-08-2020, 02:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If there is one thing we can learn from this it is that it might be unwise of us to hope Burrow kicks Mike Brown's door down and demands changes be made.  It's possible Mike Brown caves this time or Burrow would accept "No" as an answer, but live and learn.  Hopefully Burrow combines Palmer's 1st pick talent with Dalton's non-boat-rocking attitude.

Why would it be unwise? We all want the team to be successful, win games, and challenge for titles. If the QB, the usual team leader, does not push for those things I don’t want him on the roster. Far better to have an alpha male in that role than a beta like Andy Dalton. Eventually someone will get through to Mike that his way is a failure, his organization is an embarrassment, and it’s time for real change. That or Mike will pass away and someone will try to get through to Katie, Troy, and the rest. Not rocking the boat ensures that the status quo will be maintained, and the best the fans can hope for are some Wild Card Playoff losses.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
(02-08-2020, 02:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If there is one thing we can learn from this it is that it might be unwise of us to hope Burrow kicks Mike Brown's door down and demands changes be made.  It's possible Mike Brown caves this time or Burrow would accept "No" as an answer, but live and learn.  Hopefully Burrow combines Palmer's 1st pick talent with Dalton's non-boat-rocking attitude.

Burrow's agent already bought him some jockstraps, Gatorade, and deodorant.

Taylor got him a discount.

Zac didn't suckle on that MB tit everyday in his office last season for nothing.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
(02-08-2020, 02:59 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Why would it be unwise?  We all want the team to be successful, win games, and challenge for titles.  If the QB, the usual team leader, does not push for those things I don’t want him on the roster.  Far better to have an alpha male in that role than a beta like Andy Dalton.  Eventually someone will get through to Mike that his way is a failure, his organization is an embarrassment, and it’s time for real change.  That or Mike will pass away and someone will try to get through to Katie, Troy, and the rest.  Not rocking the boat ensures that the status quo will be maintained, and the best the fans can hope for are some Wild Card Playoff losses.

Oh boy.

[Image: giphy.gif]

30 years and Joe Burrow is gonna change his mind?!?
(02-08-2020, 02:59 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Why would it be unwise?  We all want the team to be successful, win games, and challenge for titles.  If the QB, the usual team leader, does not push for those things I don’t want him on the roster.  Far better to have an alpha male in that role than a beta like Andy Dalton.  Eventually someone will get through to Mike that his way is a failure, his organization is an embarrassment, and it’s time for real change.  That or Mike will pass away and someone will try to get through to Katie, Troy, and the rest.  Not rocking the boat ensures that the status quo will be maintained, and the best the fans can hope for are some Wild Card Playoff losses.

It's unwise because we have an owner who has almost 30 years of evidence that he doesn't listen to players who make demands.  If Burrow kicks Mike Brown's door down and demands changes what is he going to do when Mike Brown says no?  You can't just hope a QB comes in here and threatens the owner and then not have a backup plan in mind if/when his demands aren't met.

JB - I demand you hire a GM, build a practice facility, engage in free agency and do all that other stuff people have been telling you to do for 30 years and you haven't listened.
MB - No.
JB - Um....well I can't quit....uh....I'm gonna....um....not sign an extension here in 5 years unless you franchise tag me in which case I'll be stuck here as long as you want.  Crap.  Um...you're mean!  When do you think you're going to die?

In summation, I don't see how anyone who wants Burrow to be a Bengal could also hope that he engages in a battle with Mike Brown when any time a player does that he ends up wanting out of here. I can't wait to see Burrow as a Bengal! I hope he does the exact same thing every other player who demanded a trade does!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-08-2020, 03:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's unwise because we have an owner who has almost 30 years of evidence that he doesn't listen to players who make demands.  If Burrow kicks Mike Brown's door down and demands changes what is he going to do when Mike Brown says no?  You can't just hope a QB comes in here and threatens the owner and then not have a backup plan in mind if/when his demands aren't met.

JB - I demand you hire a GM, build a practice facility, engage in free agency and do all that other stuff people have been telling you to do for 30 years and you haven't listened.
MB - No.
JB - Um....well I can't quit....uh....I'm gonna....um....not sign an extension here in 5 years unless you franchise tag me in which case I'll be stuck here as long as you want.  Crap.  Um...you're mean!  When do you think you're going to die?

In summation, I don't see how anyone who wants Burrow to be a Bengal could also hope that he engages in a battle with Mike Brown when any time a player does that he ends up wanting out of here.  I can't wait to see Burrow as a Bengal!  I hope he does the exact same thing every other player who demanded a trade does!

Pretty much the consensus why Mike Zimmer was never in contention for a HC possibility here.

[Image: th?id=OIP.-opAE3_rtU-8XrLPKbHucwHaEK&pid...=282&h=159]
(02-08-2020, 03:42 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Pretty much the consensus why Mike Zimmer was never in contention for a HC possibility here.

[Image: th?id=OIP.-opAE3_rtU-8XrLPKbHucwHaEK&pid...=282&h=159]

To be fair... Zimmer was blowing interviews in a lot of places for a few years. No bullshit straight shooters aren't for everyone.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(02-08-2020, 03:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's unwise because we have an owner who has almost 30 years of evidence that he doesn't listen to players who make demands.  If Burrow kicks Mike Brown's door down and demands changes what is he going to do when Mike Brown says no?  You can't just hope a QB comes in here and threatens the owner and then not have a backup plan in mind if/when his demands aren't met.

MB - No.

In summation, I don't see how anyone who wants Burrow to be a Bengal could also hope that he engages in a battle with Mike Brown when any time a player does that he ends up wanting out of here. I can't wait to see Burrow as a Bengal! I hope he does the exact same thing every other player who demanded a trade does!

I get what you’re saying, but the passive go along with mediocrity has gotten the team a whole lot of nothing. In a perfect world, Mike’s spawn would sack up and demand some changes. It ain’t like he’s going to fire his kids; they’re going to get the team when he dies. The whole resistance to changing a terrible system would be laughable if it wasn’t depressing. As for a backup plan, Joe’s would be to leave at the first opportunity, same as many of the team’s star players during Mike’s reign. We’ve seen this movie before, yet many people vilify the player when it’s the owner they should cast stones at.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.