Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordy Glenn
So last year he was inserted at LG with Williams at LT making possibly a formidable left side of the line.. he has a high salary but we have a low salary LT with, hopefully, Jonah coming back healthy. IF Glenn is still wanting to play would this option be open again this year? Draft a RT and the only open spot would maybe be RG..... Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling we keep Glenn.

Depends on if he is willing to play OG.
Reply/Quote
Hard pass
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought part of his early unhappiness was the idea of pushing him inside to be guard?

Of course later it was him perceiving that they were rushing him back from concussion issues.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 12:04 PM)spazz70 Wrote: So last year he was inserted at LG with Williams at LT making possibly a formidable left side of the line..  he has a high salary but we have a low salary LT with, hopefully, Jonah coming back healthy.  IF Glenn is still wanting to play would this option be open again this year?  Draft a RT and the only open spot would maybe be RG.....  Thoughts?

OL was much better when he returned...  If he willing to Play OG or maybe even RT? idk  he could still have value. 
Reply/Quote
Low effort guy. Cut him or trade him for whatever you can get.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 12:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have a feeling we keep Glenn.

Depends on if he is willing to play OG.

$9.5 million cap hit for a guy who was quite honestly a big disappointment after we traded for him?

Heck, we'll probably give him a raise. It'll help keep us from making any dreaded FA moves. Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Him not wanting to play most of the season seems pretty questionable. Does he even want to be a Bengal? Doesnt seem like it.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 02:01 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Him not wanting to play most of the season seems pretty questionable. 

That's my thought. I wish we knew the REAL reason he didn't play. Assuming it was something innocent, I wouldn't mind him finishing out his contract at LG, but that's a mighty big assumption.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 01:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: $9.5 million cap hit for a guy who was quite honestly a big disappointment after we traded for him?

Heck, we'll probably give him a raise. It'll help keep us from making any dreaded FA moves. Mellow

rather pay glenn 9.5 if he will play than give that money to miller/hart/price etc.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 02:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: rather pay glenn 9.5 if he will play than give that money to miller/hart/price etc.

Yes, if those are the only options.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Regardless of where his head and heart are at for playing with the Bengals next season, he’s just not worth the salary. Put the money towards a FA linebacker or a Mixon extension.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 12:04 PM)spazz70 Wrote: So last year he was inserted at LG with Williams at LT making possibly a formidable left side of the line..  he has a high salary but we have a low salary LT with, hopefully, Jonah coming back healthy.  IF Glenn is still wanting to play would this option be open again this year?  Draft a RT and the only open spot would maybe be RG.....  Thoughts?

No thank you, too much salary with Glenn and he is soft in the run game. I would use that money on a true Guard or a true RT.

Glenn is neither.
Reply/Quote
I think he's traded this offseason.....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 03:31 PM)corpjet Wrote: I think he's traded this offseason.....

any idea if theres a cap hit to cut him?
Reply/Quote
Cordy Glenn was the highest-rated starter on the OL in 2019 according to PFF with a score of 68.4 (76.9 pass block, 54.6 run block).
Purely from a performance standpoint, Hart, Miller, Price, and Jordan should be gone (or at least not starting) before Glenn.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 03:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: any idea if theres a cap hit to cut him?

There is no cap hit. $9.5 mill will be freed up.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 03:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There is no cap hit. $9.5 mill will be freed up.

well then that might be the option I explore if they are willing to spend on a replacement at least.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 03:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: any idea if theres a cap hit to cut him?

No cap hit if the Bengals cut/trade him. Buffalo had to recognize the cap hit for the remainder of his signing bonus when they traded him. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 03:31 PM)corpjet Wrote: I think he's traded this offseason.....

All for it if we can get something for him.

(01-28-2020, 03:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Cordy Glenn was the highest-rated starter on the OL in 2019 according to PFF with a score of 68.4 (76.9 pass block, 54.6 run block).
Purely from a performance standpoint, Hart, Miller, Price, and Jordan should be gone (or at least not starting) before Glenn.

Which means he might have value in a trade. The problem with keeping Glenn would be that Jonah is the LT and Glenn 
has never played on the right side and Glenn is a soft run blocker as you note here. I would use his money for a true 
Guard or RT myself.

(01-28-2020, 03:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There is no cap hit. $9.5 mill will be freed up.

Sounds good to me.
Reply/Quote