Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Core looking great!
Looks like a productive first day of camp. Cody Core picked up where he left off and improved his speed, added muscle while staying at 215 on his 6'3 frame. Ced also had a great first day it appears.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Fast-to-the-Core/9577a0bf-9b41-442c-b87d-f473b449acb3

Edit: I know some hate the writing skill of Hobson, but can we please focus on the content?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Great to hear! I really hope Core makes the roster this year. We are absolutely loaded at WR now, but I feel like Core could be very special if he keeps healthy.
Reply/Quote
My God Hobson is just so hard to read.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 12:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: My God Hobson is just so hard to read.

I guess I disagree on him being hard to read on this article. He stated facts on Core and his 22.8 MPH versus Green being 22 MPH. He quoted Alexander who stated Ced did not miss any blocks. We all know it is very early, but obviously Core impressed a lot of coaches and players yesterday which I love to hear.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Yeah, I can't disagree. He relayed some good information on the team but that was poorly written. 
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 12:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I guess I disagree on him being hard to read on this article. He stated facts on Core and his 22.8 MPH versus Green being 22 MPH. He quoted Alexander who stated Ced did not miss any blocks. We all know it is very early, but obviously Core impressed a lot of coaches and players yesterday which I love to hear.

I would hope that he wouldn't miss any blocks in an unpadded OTA.  Shocked

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 12:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I would hope that he wouldn't miss any blocks in an unpadded OTA.  Shocked

Baby steps!!
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 12:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I guess I disagree on him being hard to read on this article. He stated facts on Core and his 22.8 MPH versus Green being 22 MPH. He quoted Alexander who stated Ced did not miss any blocks. We all know it is very early, but obviously Core impressed a lot of coaches and players yesterday which I love to hear.

I think he is saying his writing style is hard to read...which it is.
Reply/Quote
I know this is pretty pitiful compared to the OTA video's we used to get with couple minute long position drills and such but it's something..

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/OTA-Highlights-Vol-1/2106b5f5-c969-4f40-8a0e-5b738ecf2ab6

They all looked good to me, but it's the offseason.

Billings looks like a monster. Can't wait to see him in action.
Ced looked competent.
Green looks 100%....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 12:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: I know this is pretty pitiful compared to the OTA video's we used to get with couple minute long position drills and such but it's something..

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/OTA-Highlights-Vol-1/2106b5f5-c969-4f40-8a0e-5b738ecf2ab6

They all looked good to me, but it's the offseason.

Billings looks like a monster. Can't wait to see him in action.
Ced looked competent.
Green looks 100%....

Somewhat off-topic, but am I the only one that loves the white practice jersey with the orange and black striped helmet? It looks so clean.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Run on sentences everywhere. I don't want to be an armchair critic; I have no professional experience in journalism. However it's quite apparent he needs some feedback on several facets of his writing style. 

He really should work on monitoring his sentence length, crafting smooth transitions between thoughts, not relying so much on confusing figures of speech, and (in general) being more to the point. 

He seems like a good guy, and he puts out a lot of content. He just needs to work on some of these fundamentals. Unfortunately it might not be as apparent to him as it is to myself and many others. 
Reply/Quote
Nice to see everybody healthy. Here's hoping it stays that way.

If the OT's can play decent football, we are a very good team.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 12:19 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Looks like a productive first day of camp. Cody Core picked up where he left off and improved his speed, added muscle while staying at 215 on his 6'3 frame. Ced also had a great first day it appears.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Fast-to-the-Core/9577a0bf-9b41-442c-b87d-f473b449acb3

Very encouraging. I have always thought Core could be very special so this doesn't surprise me. Him putting in that
much work and continuing to work on his routes will make it hard to keep him off the field even with John Ross in
front of him. The speed of a 3 WR set with AJ Green, John Ross and Cody Core could be beyond deadly.

Og looking good is the most encouraging, if this guy can even play decent this team could carry Marv's ass and win
a Playoff game maybe. That is how good the weapons and the Defense can be barring injuries.

Liked what Andre said about Fisher as well.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 01:32 PM)Slythe Wrote: Run on sentences everywhere. I don't want to be an armchair critic; I have no professional experience in journalism. However it's quite apparent he needs some feedback on several facets of his writing style. 

He really should work on monitoring his sentence length, crafting smooth transitions between thoughts, not relying so much on confusing figures of speech, and (in general) being more to the point. 

He seems like a good guy, and he puts out a lot of content. He just needs to work on some of these fundamentals. Unfortunately it might not be as apparent to him as it is to myself and many others. 

Why derail a thread because you disagree with a writing skill? You and others are free to start a bashing Hobson thread at any time.

I would appreciate if we focus on the content, not the grammar.

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 01:32 PM)Slythe Wrote: Run on sentences everywhere. I don't want to be an armchair critic; I have no professional experience in journalism. However it's quite apparent he needs some feedback on several facets of his writing style. 

Night and day with Hopspin and Dan Hoard.

Hoard does a great job when he writes articles.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 01:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why derail a thread because you disagree with a writing skill? You and others are free to start a bashing Hobson thread at any time.

I would appreciate if we focus on the content, not the grammar.

Yeah back to the point of the thread i liked hearing about how Mixon hits the holes surprisingly fast and Fej had to close
line him lol. Said how Mixon was down but the defenders kept digging out the ball which will help him out in the future.

Love hearing about Burfict being in such great shape, Billings looks like a monster, Minter coming along nicely on the D.

Willis is one hard working dude from that quote from his Kansas State coach. Lawson at Linebacker will be fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
Relax people. Once they go physical n add the pad Cedric will once again throw on his rollerskates n end up on Daltons lap
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 01:55 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Relax people.  Once they go physical n add the pad Cedric will once again throw on his rollerskates n end up on Daltons lap

We will see once it is that time, but the guy is noticeably stronger and this is his natural position and he has a whole offseason
for once. If this guy can play well our team will be tough. Take whatever good you can get at this time. Quit being a negative
nancy when there is no reason to be.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 01:55 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Relax people.  Once they go physical n add the pad Cedric will once again throw on his rollerskates n end up on Daltons lap

And you know this as fact how? 
Reply/Quote
Without pads...generally the skill players shine.

You can't read too much into what happens this time of year.
Reply/Quote