Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corey Dillon miffed over perceived RoH snub
Seems Corey Dillon is taking issue with not being elected to the Bengals Ring of Honor yet. I agree he's deserving, but does he really think he should be in before three HoFers and two other potential HoF candidates? What say you?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10081784-corey-dillon-blasts-bengals-for-near-criminal-omission-from-teams-ring-of-honor

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 11:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: Seems Corey Dillon is taking issue with not being elected to the Bengals Ring of Honor yet. I agree he's deserving, but does he really think he should be in before three HoFers and two other potential HoF candidates? What say you?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10081784-corey-dillon-blasts-bengals-for-near-criminal-omission-from-teams-ring-of-honor

I wonder which inductee into the Ring of Honor that Dillon thinks should have been left off for him?

Munoz...nah even Dillon can't say the best LT in NFL history doesn't deserve it.
The Kens?  Did Dillon have more of an impact than the Bengals first star QB or HOF DB?
Willie Anderson-longer team tenure...I wonder how many yards Dillon would have rushed for if he didn't have Anderson blocking for him
Isaac Curtis-long time Bengal star WR

hey I got it...leave off Paul Brown because why should the team honor the team founder and long-time coach

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He belongs but not yet, plus he the way he left may have slowed it.

Remember his last game as soon as it ended he took just about everything off except pants and threw it into the stands right beside me, shoulder pads, helmet and all, while cursing the Bengals as he was doing so.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
They just started doing the Ring of Honor last year. This complaint is ridiculous and not even based on Reality. He can get in eventually but not right now
Reply/Quote
He has some angst toward the organization. This is really a result of the team waiting too long to even implement a RoH. His name would already be enshrined by now if the Bengals had one earlier but that's not the case. I suppose only Dillon can control his emotional reaction.

I did chuckle a little when reading his quips about Kitna and Mitchell getting in before him.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 12:11 PM)Go Cards Wrote: He belongs but not yet, plus he the way he left may have slowed it.

Remember his last game as soon as it ended he took just about everything off except pants and threw it into the stands right beside me, shoulder pads, helmet and all, while cursing the Bengals as he was doing so.

Yep

Dillon was a part of some really, really bad Bengals teams. And there's a part of me that can understand his frustration. But, I just wish he would have left with a little more class. And I'm sure that's gonna hold him up some.

He should make it at some point ? I mean he was one of the few bright spots for several seasons and one of the few reasons I even tuned in. But in my mind he doesn't deserve to get in right now. Still many deserving whom didn't throw a hissy fit leaving.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 12:11 PM)Go Cards Wrote: He belongs but not yet, plus he the way he left may have slowed it.

Tell me Cards, you grabbed something he threw?? Lol

Back in his time here he was electrifying! I can still see him ripping off that 90 some yarder! I agree with you and he will eventually get on ROH, he deserves to be there.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 12:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

Dillon was a part of some really, really bad Bengals teams. And there's a part of me that can understand his frustration. But, I just wish he would have left with a little more class. And I'm sure that's gonna hold him up some.

He should make it at some point ? I mean he was one of the few bright spots for several seasons and one of the few reasons I even tuned in. But in my mind he doesn't deserve to get in right now. Still many deserving whom didn't throw a hissy fit leaving.

Right. Like Pally mentioned above, who are you going to remove of the groups inducted before him? You had our only three HoF inductees, plus Anderson in year one. Then Curtis and Willie. Our two best ever tackles, an NFL legend in coaching, etc. He needs to show a little patience here. Plus there was the whole fiasco when he left. Gotta wait your turn hoss.

Reply/Quote
He'll be in the ROH, when the time is right. However, for the same reasons that others have stated, I agree that it's simply not his turn yet.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hmmm....Now I wonder if Burrow gets the snazzy jacket first.. Chase and even Hubbard.. Sometimes it's best to just shut up. Unbeknown to some people Cory, the entire world doesn't revolve around you.  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 12:42 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Tell me Cards, you grabbed something he threw?? Lol

Back in his time here he was electrifying! I can still see him ripping off that 90 some yarder! I agree with you and he will eventually get on ROH, he deserves to be there.

No he threw it all randomly into the section next to me. But throughout the years we received 3 TD balls from Chad Johnson plus his gloves and cleats. Also invited us out after gam that night but crazily we had decline. He still plays one of those war video games (think call of duty) with my friend who attended with me, I don't play video games. In the 09 season he came over and shook hands every single game after the Star Spangled Banner was played. Those were all handed to us from Chad directly, but also caught a ball Maualuga tossed into the stands his rookie year after they beat the steelers and were all celebrating. That one is a kickoff ball that I call the steelers suck football. 

Big fan of Corey's play on the field and this actually shocked me when it happened. Don't hate him at all, but would think he should understand the slight delay of induction. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
funny thing is that he probably would have been the next more modern player to go in the ROH after Chad Johnson

Reply/Quote
Since we all pretty much seem to agree that it's not CD's turn yet, maybe it would be fun to see whom everyone thinks should be ahead of him.

I'll get it started with the first 5 off the top of my head.

Whitworth
Boomer
Chad Johnson
AJ Green
Geno Atkins

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Paul Brown
Anthony Munoz
Ken Anderson
Ken Riley
Willie Anderson
Chad Johnson

Those are the only guys I'd consider clearly ahead of Dillon.
Dillon is the franchise rushing leader by a lot.

Unfortunately, attitude and comments do matter though, because it's ultimately people voting, it's not purely stat-based. If you piss someone off, they may not vote you in before someone else (or at all).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Seems to often get in his own way, but I sure understand where the feelings are coming from. I have always felt/said that Corey Dillon would have been a 1st ballot Hall of Famer if he didn't play for the 90s Bengals due to even better stats, recognition, and wins. He's 20th all-time in rushing yards and put a team on his back to win a SB ring.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 01:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Paul Brown
Anthony Munoz
Ken Anderson
Ken Riley
Willie Anderson
Chad Johnson

Unfortunately, attitude and comments do matter though, because it's ultimately people voting, it's not purely stat-based. If you piss someone off, they may not vote you in before someone else (or at all).

James Brooks is the Bengals #2 leading rusher, 6447 yds.  Mixon is currently 5th with 4564, at Mixon's carrer average of 4.13/carry and 16.7 carries/game, it would likely take JM 27 games of achieving his averages to take the #2 spot.  What do you give as the over/under on him ever reaching #2?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 01:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Paul Brown
Anthony Munoz
Ken Anderson
Ken Riley
Willie Anderson
Chad Johnson

I'm in agreement, though I remember Corey calling Willie Anderson "Just a guy".

I loved watching him play.   My favorite Bengals running back ever and deserving of the hall of fame.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 01:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Since we all pretty much seem to agree that it's not CD's turn yet, maybe it would be fun to see whom everyone thinks should be ahead of him.

I'll get it started with the first 5 off the top of my head.

Whitworth
Boomer
Chad Johnson
AJ Green
Geno Atkins

Boomer
Wyche
Krumrie
Reggie Williams
Lapham

I think they should get all of the older stars in while they're still with us. Some have already passed on.

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 02:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: Boomer
Wyche
Krumrie
Reggie Williams
Lapham

I think they should get all of the older stars in while they're still with us. Some have already passed on.

I would add Lemar Parrish to that list

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 01:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Unfortunately, attitude and comments do matter though, because it's ultimately people voting, it's not purely stat-based. If you piss someone off, they may not vote you in before someone else (or at all).

Yes. He isn't a shining example of Bengals lockerroom leadership... even in these quotes he kinda takes small shots at his former teammates lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote