Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Adam Jones be looking at a suspension?
Been seeing a lot of media wondering why he didn't get tossed from the game for slamming Coopers head into the ground after that tackle and altercation. After NFL reviews video he could get a suspension. I was actually surprised he didn't get ejected too. It looked bad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:55 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Been seeing a lot of media wondering why he didn't get tossed from the game for slamming Coopers head into the ground after that tackle and altercation. After NFL reviews video he could get a suspension. I was actually surprised he didn't get ejected too. It looked bad.

I think it's almost a certainty.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:55 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think it's almost a certainty.

I agree. I hope it is only a 1 game suspension. Hope Dennard is ready to go against SD.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:55 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Been seeing a lot of media wondering why he didn't get tossed from the game for slamming Coopers head into the ground after that tackle and altercation. After NFL reviews video he could get a suspension. I was actually surprised he didn't get ejected too. It looked bad.

No way is he suspended. He wasn't even flagged. You think the nfl after deflate gate is gonna waste it's time trying to enforce that?? Fine yes suspended no chance
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:58 PM)BernLock Wrote: No way is he suspended. He wasn't even flagged. You think the nfl after deflate gate is gonna waste it's time trying to enforce that?? Fine yes suspended no chance

I hope you're right....we shall see
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:58 PM)BernLock Wrote: No way is he suspended. He wasn't even flagged. You think the nfl after deflate gate is gonna waste it's time trying to enforce that?? Fine yes suspended no chance

Yes. They would suspend and yes I believe they will.

Deflate Gate has nothing to do with a player smashing another player's head into his helmet.
Reply/Quote
Man, I hope so. I hope even more Dernard takes his job sooner than later.

That type of play has absolutely no place in the game. Given his history (hitting women, paralyzing bouncers, etc) it's just further proof that he's human garbage. Pure trash.
Reply/Quote
God it looks bad when you watch it again.

I mean, wtf did Cooper do to instigate that?
Reply/Quote

Yes he was.

I'm just gonna copy and paste what I wrote in the other thread:

Quote:Not defending Adam at all, but I love how everyone is completely neglecting the punch Cooper threw as they were running down the field and out of the play.

That doesn't happen, Adam does nothing.

THAT'S why he wasn't ejected, it was retaliation, not something he just did off the top of his head.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:01 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Yes. They would suspend and yes I believe they will.

Deflate Gate has nothing to do with a player smashing another player's head into his helmet.

It has to do with nfl and their authority to punish so yeah deflate gate has everything to do with this. He wasn't flagged for it. Put your money where your mouth is. What the bet. I'm saying he won't be suspended
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:01 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Man, I hope so.  I hope even more Dernard takes his job sooner than later.

That type of play has absolutely no place in the game.  Given his history (hitting women, paralyzing bouncers, etc) it's just further proof that he's human garbage.  Pure trash.

No way. Jones is one of the most, if not thee most, passionate Bengal on the field. He's done nearly a 180 from the "Pacman" days; he's just an emotional guy that sometimes needs a reality check in the heat of the moment.

He will be fined, nothing more nothing less.
Reply/Quote
He ripped the helmet off then lightly hit coopers head into said helmet. Have to think it will be a game and big fine.

[Image: pac.0.0.gif]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:03 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yes he was.

THAT'S why he wasn't ejected, it was retaliation, not something he just did off the top of his head.

It doesn't matter if it was retaliation or not.  You don't rip a player's helmet off then drive their end into the helmet/ground.  Period.  End of story.

Some of you sound like children trying to defend a clear wrong.  It doesn't matter what was done to instigate it.  You don't do that.  That type of play has no place in the NFL.  It's similar or on par to that fat **** Albert Hayneworth stomping on that guy.  It's beyond bush league.  It's a garbage move.
Reply/Quote

He still slammed Cooper's head against his helmet. Whether Cooper instigated it or not, it's still a dirty play and I don't wanna see that on the field
Reply/Quote

I didn't see the punch Truck. Gonna have to rewatch it.

I guess pretty hefty fine, no suspension.
Reply/Quote
Pacman is the same old problem that he's always been.

He will be fined, unquestionably. I don't think that he'll get the 4 game suspension that some have been talking about though. A single game, at most, and I still think that's got a very small chance of happening.

I hope he gets fined the maximum amount that you can fine a player though, and if he pulls anything like that again, the Marv should sit him.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:03 PM)BernLock Wrote: It has to do with nfl and their authority to punish so yeah deflate gate has everything to do with this. He wasn't flagged for it. Put your money where your mouth is. What the bet. I'm saying he won't be suspended

So then quite a few players shouldn't be suspended since Deflate Gate didn't work, right? Bring back Bell, Bryant, heck Josh Gordon even gets a 100% clean slate.

Adam Jones will get at least fined, and could very well get suspended.

Just because he wasn't flagged doesn't mean anything. Players get fined for plays that weren't flagged many times.

You must be new to football.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I think people are getting only one side of the story here. And Jones was an incredible contributor today -- he is clearly still worlds better than Dennard (not saying Dennard won't get there eventually). OTOH, yeah it did look bad and generally a guy having his helmet off is a pretty bad thing.

Reply/Quote
LOl at Reggie Nelson.....Don't try and stop him or anything just make sure to stand over him and talk smack
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:06 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It doesn't matter if it was retaliation or not.  You don't rip a player's helmet off then drive their end into the helmet/ground.  Period.  End of story.

Some of you sound like children trying to defend a clear wrong.  It doesn't matter what was done to instigate it.  You don't do that.  That type of play has no place in the NFL.  It's similar or on par to that fat **** Albert Hayneworth stomping on that guy.  It's beyond bush league.  It's a garbage move.

(09-13-2015, 11:06 PM)eoxyod Wrote: He still slammed Cooper's head against his helmet. Whether Cooper instigated it or not, it's still a dirty play and I don't wanna see that on the field
I'm trying to justify why the refs didn't eject him. I don't agree with what he did at all.

Some of you (not Eox) sound like bible thumpers who don't listen to anything anyone says, unless it agrees with their POV; did you see where I wrote, "I'm not defending him, but this is the reason why he did what he did?"

I'm not defending anything; refs don't eject people for retaliation unless they start throwing punches, in clear view. If they were just running down the field and he did that, he would've been ejected I'm sure.
(09-13-2015, 11:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I didn't see the punch Truck. Gonna have to rewatch it.

I guess pretty hefty fine, no suspension.

Right before long name runs out of bounds, while Adam and Cooper are running downfield, Cooper just punches Adam in the face, while he's pursuing the play from behind. Adam took exception to that, of course.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote