Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Adam Jones be looking at a suspension?
NFL Says no suspension for Adam Jones
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:27 PM)Shady Wrote: It wasn't a punch in the normal sense. But those hands to the face you mentioned? Cooper should have been flagged for them. They were pretty violent. You don't block by attacking a guy's head and neck area.

Yeah, hands to the face.  Happens all the time. Stiff-arms that go under the helmet or grip the facemask should be a flag.

I'm talking about this punch everyone is talking about though.  A punch is very different than a stiff arm.  A punch generally needs a swing.  ie " He took swing at me."  I also heard he punched or went for his throat, which would be a deliberate attack.

I really hope there's more than the hands to the face.  Because if people are referring to that as a punch or insinuating that Cooper was going for the throat then that's one hell of a stretch. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:43 PM)djs7685 Wrote: He was talking about the supposed punch from Cooper to Jones.

We all know what Jones did as that is all over sporting news and the internet.

Here are Cooper's thoughts. He did not even feel the supposed violent push of his head into the helmet.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25301521/amari-cooper-adam-jones-shouldnt-be-suspended-for-head-slam

He also thinks it is just football and no suspension is warranted.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Here are Cooper's thoughts. He did not even feel the supposed violent push of his head into the helmet.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25301521/amari-cooper-adam-jones-shouldnt-be-suspended-for-head-slam

From a rookie who actually plays the game.....from the mouth of babes and the horses mouth at the same time. I dig it. Good for you Amari!
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Here are Cooper's thoughts. He did not even feel the supposed violent push of his head into the helmet.

That's cool.

I don't see anything about the supposed punch from Cooper though. That's what Toast was asking for originally.

Here it is, Truck posted this link in another thread. Skip to about 20 seconds in...

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Raiders-vs-Bengals-highlights/ef9b3a4e-c68f-444b-a8ae-c8230e84f21c

That doesn't look like a "punch" at all as people have been saying. Sure, that's what definitely instigated Jones, but that's surely not a punch, is it??
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 01:06 PM)djs7685 Wrote: That's cool.

I don't see anything about the supposed punch from Cooper though. That's what Toast was asking for originally.

Here it is, Truck posted this link in another thread. Skip to about 20 seconds in...

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Raiders-vs-Bengals-highlights/ef9b3a4e-c68f-444b-a8ae-c8230e84f21c

That doesn't look like a "punch" at all as people have been saying. Sure, that's what definitely instigated Jones, but that's surely not a punch, is it??

I believe I read Jones said he went for his throat. I don't recall him using the word punch. But, Jones did feel threatened by something Cooper did as he stated I have to protect myself.

I just think this is getting way overblown. Jones was wrong, but I read someone suggest a 4 games suspension which is absurd in my opinion.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 01:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I believe I read Jones said he went for his throat. I don't recall him using the word punch. But, Jones did feel threatened by something Cooper did as he stated I have to protect myself.

I just think this is getting way overblown. Jones was wrong, but I read someone suggest a 4 games suspension which is absurd in my opinion.

This is what I had heard too.....I think "throat punch" was used for the sake of brevity.  I had heard also that Cooper had pulled his hair.....and that the two had been at it all day.

Fine him and move on......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
What Adam Jones sees:

[Image: th?id=JN.dzoJkYf%2fJgzhew07n1vGsw&pid=15...=300&h=300]
Reply/Quote

Stiff arm gone wrong?
Reply/Quote

I also don't think PacMan was really trying to hurt cooper once he was over top of him with his helmet off.  Looks to me like he lets up quite a bit the moment he realized his head hit his helmet.  Jones could have done a lot of damage, didnt do anything to him.

these boards are going soft. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 01:42 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: these boards are going soft. 

^I'm not sure I'm comfortable with Vas Deferens saying this.^
Reply/Quote
He got away with it!

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 02:12 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: He got away with it!

If the game had been in Florida, Cooper would've been justified in shooting Pacman.  :snark:

(I'm kidding obviously and if you really want to talk about that incident make a thread over on the P n R board and message me and I'll talk about it there)

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:17 PM)BernLock Wrote: Welp it's already out that league won't suspend him making me right and you wrong. You like sauce on your crow or nah?

Coolio. Still think he should be suspended for it, at least a game.

But oh well. Bengals lucked out and keep Adam Jones playing. Fine with that.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 03:21 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Coolio. Still think he should be suspended for it, at least a game.

But oh well. Bengals lucked out and keep Adam Jones playing. Fine with that.

Yup and no we can move on since neither of us will be suspended Wink
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 03:08 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: If the game had been in Florida, Cooper would've been justified in shooting Pacman.  :snark:

(I'm kidding obviously and if you really want to talk about that incident make a thread over on the P n R board and message me and I'll talk about it there)

I heard PacMan's GF told him Cooper was a gay rapist.  
Reply/Quote
https://vine.co/v/eF2FdO1P50m

.....here's part of it Toast...they go out of frame just before the take down when it apparently escalated.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:55 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Been seeing a lot of media wondering why he didn't get tossed from the game for slamming Coopers head into the ground after that tackle and altercation. After NFL reviews video he could get a suspension. I was actually surprised he didn't get ejected too. It looked bad.

NOPE, The NFL is too scared to suspend anyone now.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 03:08 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: If the game had been in Florida, Cooper would've been justified in shooting Pacman.  :snark:

LOL And vice versa. They could have shot each other.  But we need Pacman. Hope he keeps his ish together for the rest of the year without loosing that passion that makes him one of our top defenders.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote