Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Adam Jones be looking at a suspension?
(09-14-2015, 11:04 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I said in other threads he will be fined and I have no issue with a fine. Yes, Garvin received a $25,000 fine.

I have a major issue for a suspension, it is not warranted if they use a play like the Huber play as a baseline.

But why the fine if its a violent game and its okay? They messed up on Garvin, should have been suspended, but hasnt it been proven (DeflateGate) Goodell and the league dont know how to punish players? Dirty play, plain and simple, if you didnt think it was dirty, I'm confused with how you have no issue with a fine.
Reply/Quote
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6m6 minutes ago

As for #Bengals CB Adam Jones, the play where he knocked Amari Cooper’s helmet off will be reviewed. Expect a fine for Jones, no suspension
117 retweets 63 favorites
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:14 AM)Au165 Wrote: Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6m6 minutes ago

As for #Bengals CB Adam Jones, the play where he knocked Amari Cooper’s helmet off will be reviewed. Expect a fine for Jones, no suspension

Sounds about right. Absolutely deserves a fine.
Reply/Quote
Pacman is apparently back! He should be fined and suspended as well. I saw Cooper and Jones pushing each other as they went downfield but there is no excuse to rip off the helmet and pound Cooper's head back into the helmet. Pushing, shoving, and shit talking is fine, but that was an assault. He's in the same thug class as Suh ( who will also be fined and suspended for his crap yesterday). For the Pacman defenders, would you defend the identical actions if it was a Steeler doing that to AJ Green or a high school rival doing that to your son? I will guess not.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:14 AM)Au165 Wrote: Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6m6 minutes ago

Thank God! Adam is a very good CB and integral to the attitude of the defense.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:11 AM)Element Wrote: But why the fine if its a violent game and its okay? They messed up on Garvin, should have been suspended, but hasnt it been proven (DeflateGate) Goodell and the league dont know how to punish players? Dirty play, plain and simple, if you didnt think it was dirty, I'm confused with how you have no issue with a fine.

Guys get fined for stuff that ain't dirty all the time. It's how the league protects the pretty boys I.e. qbs and wrs and also how they generally keep a lid on the fights and brawling that is inevitable in such a violent game.

Dirty is a sucker punch, if you punch a guy first you get what you get, and you had it coming, should have known it was coming, after all, you sent the invitation when you swung first.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:16 AM)TexasBengalfan Wrote: Pacman is apparently back! He should be fined and suspended as well. I saw Cooper and Jones pushing each other as they went downfield but there is no excuse to rip off the helmet and pound Cooper's head back into the helmet. Pushing, shoving, and shit talking is fine, but that was an assault. He's in the same thug class as Suh ( who will also be fined and suspended for his crap yesterday). For the Pacman defenders, would you defend the identical actions if it was a Steeler doing that to AJ Green or a high school rival doing that to your son? I will guess not.

Schefter reporting that he will face a fine, but not any suspension. A minute ago or so on SC.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:13 PM)bonesaw Wrote: LOl at Reggie Nelson.....Don't try and stop him or anything just make sure to stand over him and talk smack

Agreed. Be a leader and pull that fool off before he does what he eventually did. Help don't hurt the problem. Marvin should make them watch the video over n over in his office on the big screen while they write " I will not act like a thug and embarrass myself, my teammates, my coach, and team owner" 100 times on the market board. You get paid to be a professional, so act like it.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:20 AM)mroudfly Wrote: Schefter reporting that he will face a fine, but not any suspension. A minute ago or so on SC.

Goodall must stick be licking his wounds. Lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:16 AM)TexasBengalfan Wrote: Pacman is apparently back! He should be fined and suspended as well. I saw Cooper and Jones pushing each other as they went downfield but there is no excuse to rip off the helmet and pound Cooper's head back into the helmet. Pushing, shoving, and shit talking is fine, but that was an assault. He's in the same thug class as Suh ( who will also be fined and suspended for his crap yesterday). For the Pacman defenders, would you defend the identical actions if it was a Steeler doing that to AJ Green or a high school rival doing that to your son? I will guess not.

"An assault"? 

C'mon. It was one freeze-frame amidst a day of physical confrontations and near-brawling. I'm not ready to award Cooper the Choirboy Medal of Minding My Own Business just yet....
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:25 AM)TexasBengalfan Wrote: Agreed. Be a leader and pull that fool off before he does what he eventually did. Help don't hurt the problem. Marvin should make them watch the video over n over in his office on the big screen while they write " I will not act like a thug and embarrass myself, my teammates, my coach, and team owner" 100 times on the market board. You get paid to be a professional, so act like it.

They should only have to write it 33 times.
Reply/Quote
Can someone link a video that shows this "punch" I keep hearing about? I've also heard that he either tried to punch or grab his throat.

This may change my mind a little. I still think his reaction has no place in the game whatsoever. But I missed the other part. I can't seem to find it anywhere. I even googled "Amari Cooper punch", along with a ton of other combinations, and changed the search results to the last 24 hours. No one else outside of here has mentioned it or used that description (punch).

So anyone got video of it? Fwiw, I saw the play leading up to it. I saw a stiff arm, or hands to the face. But I'm assuming this punch came out of camera. Would really like to see how this escalated and not sure how I missed it the first time.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:18 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Dirty is a sucker punch, if you punch a guy first you get what you get, and you had it coming, should have known it was coming, after all, you sent the invitation when you swung first.

Please link the sucker punch if you can.  I can't find it anywhere.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:11 AM)Element Wrote: But why the fine if its a violent game and its okay? They messed up on Garvin, should have been suspended, but hasnt it been proven (DeflateGate) Goodell and the league dont know how to punish players? Dirty play, plain and simple, if you didnt think it was dirty, I'm confused with how you have no issue with a fine.

It was illegal, the hit by Garvin was illegal, Jones doing what he did was illegal. It was a penalty and he was penalized.

I just don't agree it was dirty as I saw no intent for him to injure him. I saw a player get mad and commit a personal foul penalty.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 01:27 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I just disproved your point by showing the NFL has suspended players since, none of the players I mentioned had been suspended due to substance abuse, and one even was involved in a fighting incident like Adam Jones.

I mean I'd take you on the bet, but 1. You're going to get banned anyway. And 2. You'll just use another account so it's pointless.

I stated facts. If he doesn't get suspended, cool. If he does, cool. Gave my viewpoint and proved how you're wrong with the NFL disciplinary actions.

Welp it's already out that league won't suspend him making me right and you wrong. You like sauce on your crow or nah?
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:13 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Please link the sucker punch if you can.  I can't find it anywhere.

Wasn't saying there was a sucker punch in this incident, just that there was nothing dirty about this neglible scuffle on either side. Was just using sucker punch as an example of something that is actually dirty.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Can someone link a video that shows this "punch" I keep hearing about?  I've also heard that he either tried to punch or grab his throat.

This may change my mind a little.  I still think his reaction has no place in the game whatsoever.  But I missed the other part.  I can't seem to find it anywhere.  I even googled "Amari Cooper punch", along with a ton of other combinations, and changed the search results to the last 24 hours.  No one else outside of here has mentioned it or used that description (punch).

So anyone got video of it?  Fwiw, I saw the play leading up to it.  I saw a stiff arm, or hands to the face.  But I'm assuming this punch came out of camera.  Would really like to see how this escalated and not sure how I missed it the first time.

There was no punch.

He removed his helmet and then took both hands and pushed his head back into his helmet (which had come off and the hard part of the helmet was on the ground, so in essence took his head back toward putting his helmet back on (I Know that was not the plan, Jones was mad and reacted wrong thus why he should be fined).

He had him in the ground in a very vulnerable position and could have punched him with both fists is he so desired and Cooper would have been helpless to do anything about it. But, he never threw one punch.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Can someone link a video that shows this "punch" I keep hearing about?  I've also heard that he either tried to punch or grab his throat.

This may change my mind a little.  I still think his reaction has no place in the game whatsoever.  But I missed the other part.  I can't seem to find it anywhere.  I even googled "Amari Cooper punch", along with a ton of other combinations, and changed the search results to the last 24 hours.  No one else outside of here has mentioned it or used that description (punch).

So anyone got video of it?  Fwiw, I saw the play leading up to it.  I saw a stiff arm, or hands to the face.  But I'm assuming this punch came out of camera.  Would really like to see how this escalated and not sure how I missed it the first time.

It wasn't a punch in the normal sense. But those hands to the face you mentioned? Cooper should have been flagged for them. They were pretty violent. You don't block by attacking a guy's head and neck area.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:27 PM)Shady Wrote: It wasn't a punch in the normal sense. But those hands to the face you mentioned? Cooper should have been flagged for them. They were pretty violent. You don't block by attacking a guy's head and neck area.

.....pretty sure Truck has a link in one of these threads showing the whole series of events.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:20 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: There was no punch.

He removed his helmet and then took both hands and pushed his head back into his helmet (which had come off and the hard part of the helmet was on the ground, so in essence took his head back toward putting his helmet back on (I Know that was not the plan, Jones was mad and reacted wrong thus why he should be fined).

He had him in the ground in a very vulnerable position and could have punched him with both fists is he so desired and Cooper would have been helpless to do anything about it. But, he never threw one punch.

He was talking about the supposed punch from Cooper to Jones.

We all know what Jones did as that is all over sporting news and the internet.
Reply/Quote