Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cowboys open to trading RT La'el Collins
(03-12-2022, 03:00 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Fair enough, worst case scenario:  Our 1st Rd pick straight up.

Tell me why you are against this.

They obviously gave him permission to seek a trade because they weren't getting any good offers for him to begin with. And you wanna give up a 1st for him?  You're out of your mind!!!!   They are looking for cap relief and prob a day 3 pick on top of it to sweeten it.  Throw them Hopkins and Waynes and a 4th next year. They can save some money and get a pick next year. I'm not giving up a 1st or a 2nd for him with his concerns.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 04:06 PM)pulses Wrote: They obviously gave him permission to seek a trade because they weren't getting any good offers for him to begin with. And you wanna give up a 1st for him?  You're out of your mind!!!!   They are looking for cap relief and prob a day 3 pick on top of it to sweeten it.  Throw them Hopkins and Waynes and a 4th next year. They can save some money and get a pick next year. I'm not giving up a 1st or a 2nd for him with his concerns.

Ok, calm down.

They obviously gave him permission to seek a trade because they weren't getting any good offers for him to begin with
This is total speculation, we know they are getting offers, this simply invites more teams, which it already has.

#1 trading Hopkins and Waynes is silly, no one wants them, especially not the Cowboys. That is just weird.

Can you tell me why you wouldnt trade a 1st for him and his current contract (absolute worst case scenario)

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 04:13 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Ok, calm down.

They obviously gave him permission to seek a trade because they weren't getting any good offers for him to begin with
This is total speculation, we know they are getting offers, this simply invites more teams, which it already has.

#1 trading Hopkins and Waynes is silly, no one wants them, especially not the Cowboys. That is just weird.

Can you tell me why you wouldnt trade a 1st for him and his current contract (absolute worst case scenario)

I answered that in the other thread.
Reply/Quote
Browns got Amari Cooper for a 5th rounder. There is no way the Bengals would need to give up pick 31 for Collins like others have suggested.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 04:49 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Browns got Amari Cooper for a 5th rounder. There is no way the Bengals would need to give up pick 31 for Collins like others have suggested.

I don't care what it takes, get Collins in here. I know he has red flags but Zac said he is willing to take a gamble if it means 
improving the team. We aren't getting a better player for our needs than La'el Collins and he would save us money rather 
than paying Armstead big dough who rejected our offer anyways and honestly is no better than Collins as a player.
Reply/Quote
I think we have to be careful valuing Cooper and Collins equally. Cooper has a huge contract and Collins does not.

I do think Collins value is closer to a th round pick now though, even maybe a 3rd,

I would do a 3rd for him, but offer a 5th or 4th.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 06:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think we have to be careful valuing Cooper and Collins equally. Cooper has a huge contract and Collins does not.

I do think Collins value is closer to a th round pick now though, even maybe a 3rd,

The cowboys have been reported to saying he’s going to be a post June cut if he’s not traded. I think they would take anything they can get. The only thing the cowboys have to consider is if a cap saving of $10M (waiting to cut him post June) is better than getting a low pick but only saving 1.5M.

I don’t think the cowboys are too concerned about the cap saving this year, as opposed to the next 2-3 years they’ll save by training Collins.

I think a 4th or 5th gets the deal done
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 01:10 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: The cowboys have been reported to saying he’s going to be a post June cut if he’s not traded. I think they would take anything they can get. The only thing the cowboys have to consider is if a cap saving of $10M (waiting to cut him post June) is better than getting a low pick but only saving 1.5M.

I don’t think the cowboys are too concerned about the cap saving this year, as opposed to the next 2-3 years they’ll save by training Collins.

I think a 4th or 5th gets the deal done

I keep reading Jerry will pay the bill now and that Dallas doesnt want any post June 1 cuts/trades as dead money rolls over to 2023.  Jerry wants a clean slate and over 70M in cap space and they want a good draft pick for Collins - that could be a 3rd or 4th? Or higher with a swap?

It seems as if many teams are involved and it may get more expensive than we think, but his contract is so great.

On rumor supposedly out of Baton Rouge (Collins people) was that the Bengals had a deal contingent on Collins passing his physical and the Cowboys came back and wanted more... no idea the validity but there seems to be plenty of interest.

I would think all teams involved would want this wrapped up tomorrow....

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 01:10 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I think a 4th or 5th gets the deal done

Doesn't matter if the Cowboys are going to release him if multiple teams want him.  Teams that are interested might be afraid his price (salary) will go up if he becomes a free agent.  So it comes down to a complicated issue of how much you want to give up in draft pick value in order to save a few million in salary.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 06:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think we have to be careful valuing Cooper and Collins equally. Cooper has a huge contract and Collins does not.

Although I think you are off on the compensation for the trade, you are dead on the “value” discrepancy between the two players due to their contract status.

I would give our 2nd rounder with one of our two 7th rounders. No moreX. Then I would likely swap our first for someone’s early 2nd to try and get an additional 3rd rounder.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 12:43 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Although I think you are off on the compensation for the trade, you are dead on the “value” discrepancy between the two players due to their contract status.

I would give our 2nd rounder with one of our two 7th rounders.  No moreX. Then I would likely swap our first for someone’s early 2nd to try and get an additional 3rd rounder.

As this situation pans out, I think Dallas would rather cut him and save more cap, unless a 1st round pick is coming in return.  Anything less is not worth eating so much dead money. 
Reply/Quote
I know many Bengal fans want Collins at right tackle but I don't think the Cincinnati Bengals are going to go near him. He has red flags, is injury prone, violated NFL drug policy, and although he's young, I just think they're going to let that ship sail.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 12:53 PM)Yogo Wrote: As this situation pans out, I think Dallas would rather cut him and save more cap, unless a 1st round pick is coming in return.  Anything less is not worth eating so much dead money. 

They aren't getting anything CLOSE to those offers and won't.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 03:32 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know many Bengal fans want Collins at right tackle but I don't think the Cincinnati Bengals are going to go near him.  He has red flags, is injury prone, violated NFL drug policy, and although he's young, I just think they're going to let that ship sail.

Had one hip injury 2 years ago that he could have played wit hbut chose surgery.

Missed marijuana tests 2 years ago, no announcement of failed tests*, weed is no longer a banned substance.

If there is a major red flag it isnt these, everyone knew about them when they inquired, it would be something else more recent.

Looks like the Patriots may make the deal....

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 06:49 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Had one hip injury 2 years ago that he could have played wit hbut chose surgery.

Missed marijuana tests 2 years ago, no announcement of failed tests*, weed is no longer a banned substance.

If there is a major red flag it isnt these, everyone knew about them when they inquired, it would be something else more recent.

Looks like the Patriots may make the deal....

Saved me the effort there. A singular injury isn't injury prone, and who gives a shit about weed? Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 12:53 PM)Yogo Wrote: As this situation pans out, I think Dallas would rather cut him and save more cap, unless a 1st round pick is coming in return.  Anything less is not worth eating so much dead money. 

I am not entirely sure about this, but it appears that Collins is due a $3.5 million dollar bonus TODAY if he is on the roster.  If he isn't cut by now (or 5pm?) then I think the Cowboys are obviously trying to get the greater cap clearance by releasing him AFTER June 1st.

The problem for the Bengals is that leaves them with a big need at RT heading in to the draft.

Apparently, Pollack really likes him and vice versa.  Too bad it doesn't look like they are getting it done before the draft.  I think by the time the Cowboys release him, they will already have a plan in place. 

And as far as the drug test, was it pot?  
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am not entirely sure about this, but it appears that Collins is due a $3.5 million dollar bonus TODAY if he is on the roster.  If he isn't cut by now (or 5pm?) then I think the Cowboys are obviously trying to get the greater cap clearance by releasing him AFTER June 1st.

The problem for the Bengals is that leaves them with a big need at RT heading in to the draft.

Apparently, Pollack really likes him and vice versa.  Too bad it doesn't look like they are getting it done before the draft.  I think by the time the Cowboys release him, they will already have a plan in place. 

And as far as the drug test, was it pot?  

Isn't it possible for a team to release a player now and designate them a post 6/1 release? I think I've seen other players designated this week.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:59 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Isn't it possible for a team to release a player now and designate them a post 6/1 release? I think I've seen other players designated this week.

Not sure.  Only thing I am sure about is that if they signed him and a FA CB, the draft would be WIDE OPEN and the offensive line would go from poor to a strength.  
Reply/Quote