Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cowboys open to trading RT La'el Collins
(03-11-2022, 12:49 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I suppose they want to beef up the protection for Wilson.

It would have to be late round or 2 years in the future picks... they also lost their TE, DT in the trade as well.  Who knows?

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 12:24 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: So you think we have to give up the 1st rounder to get him? That picks from round 2 - 7 couldn't make it happen?

I said a 2, a 3 or a swap from 2 to 3 in my post. And without the baggage, I would considering we have been talking about trading a 1 + for Tunsil who is the same age, at double the cost. If you can trade just a 2nd and get him, go for it, even with the baggage.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don’t like the baggage, ZT probably doesn’t either. Personally I would rather go after a high quality C in FA. Get burrow a Saturday, if you catch my drift.

PS not that i want that to be the only FA move…
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/UwLsKnROU2U

Sorry I'm terrible and only copy and pasted the link but I want me some of this on our team lol.
Reply/Quote
And I saw where he's got a fan in Big Willie. In case it isn't clear, I'm really for the trade as long as the value is good.
Reply/Quote
I just looked at spottrac and Wayans is counting 10, 400,000 against the cap which I think numerous people have already posted. If we get Collins and cut wayans, which is a widely assumed foregone conclusion, wouldn’t we gain a bit cap space? I admit to not knowing the full effect of the dead cap hit. We could then add Jensen and some our own and dare I say it, sign Jackson?

This also hinges on just what Dallas wants in return obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 06:36 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I just looked at spottrac and Wayans is counting 10, 400,000 against the cap which I think numerous people have already posted.  If we get Collins and cut wayans, which is a widely assumed foregone conclusion, wouldn’t we gain a bit cap space?  I admit to not knowing the full effect of the dead cap hit.  We could then add Jensen and some our own and dare I say it, sign Jackson?

This also hinges on just what Dallas wants in return obviously.

So, you want:

Cut Waynes (+10.4M)
Trade for Collins (-10M)
Add JC Jackson (-20M)
Add Jensen (-13M)

What are we doing for RG and depth? Even with Hop and Waynes cut, we have 55M and these 3 players is 43M. Like the all in thoughts but curious how it'll round out.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure who needs to see this but the impact to Dallas's dead money and cap space is the same whether they trade him or cut him (pre or post june 1st).

So if he's not in their plans (and he shouldn't be since they've got higher priority targets), it makes sense they trade him so they can get some value.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 01:58 PM)SladeX Wrote: I don’t like the baggage, ZT probably doesn’t either. Personally I would rather go after a high quality C in FA. Get burrow a Saturday, if you catch my drift.

PS not that i want that to be the only FA move…

I think it is important to get Burrow a great center as well.

Collins is extremely good and Zac has said the locker room can handle it if we pick up a questionable guy, it depends on Pollack, he knows Collins well, coached hi,.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 06:19 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: And I saw where he's got a fan in Big Willie. In case it isn't clear, I'm really for the trade as long as the value is good.

I'd be for the trade is the value is bad, I dont think people appreciate how much this guy would impact not only our season but this free agency. 

We pay him ZERO until his 1st game. He gets 10M for 3 years!

This leaves us with more cash to upgrade at guard or cornerback. 

If this happens we would have been extremely lucky with Collins and Bates Tag cash wise. These two save us 30 to 45M for other free agents.

Big picture fellas.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 07:16 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: So, you want:

Cut Waynes (+10.4M)
Trade for Collins (-10M)
Add JC Jackson (-20M)
Add Jensen (-13M)

What are we doing for RG and depth? Even with Hop and Waynes cut, we have 55M and these 3 players is 43M. Like the all in thoughts but curious how it'll round out.

JC Jackson isnt an option IMO, neither is Armstead for much of the same reason - guaranteed money.  If we are truly extending Burrow after the season we will need about 350M in cash - JC would add 72M to that number by himself (less his signing bonus), not to mention the 18M cap hit for how many years?

Thus why Collins is such an incredible deal and we should do what ever it takes to get him assuming Pollack is onboard.

A top RT for zero down, zero to escrow and 2M less than what we pay Jonah next season, for 3 years is insane.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 07:16 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: So, you want:

Cut Waynes (+10.4M)
Trade for Collins (-10M)
Add JC Jackson (-20M)
Add Jensen (-13M)

Yes I do. Rg would be our first round pick. Zion Johnson or Tyler smith. Center, rt and cb addressed. Draft for depth or other starter such as safety or tight end.

Given the qb strength in the afc a top cb would be great. Bates could be traded or rescinded. Cut Hopkins. Sign hill or Larry o and Tim settle. It would be tight but possibly doable

Reply/Quote
I'd give a 2nd for LC....The one we used last year Carman
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 05:38 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: https://youtu.be/UwLsKnROU2U

Sorry I'm terrible and only copy and pasted the link but I want me some of this on our team lol.

I love this... Von Miller wouldnt be mocking Burrow with his knee injury if Collins was there...

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 11:34 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote:

We would have a much more difficult time getting him in FA and it would cost a lot more... I hope we can get him on him on his current contract.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 12:47 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We would have a much more difficult time getting him in FA and it would cost a lot more... I hope we can get him on him on his current contract.

With his injury history and suspension history and the Cowboys know dissatisfaction with him I don’t see it happening unless they can steal him.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 12:50 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: With his injury history and suspension history and the Cowboys know dissatisfaction with him I don’t see it happening unless they can steal him.

He was hurt once and could have played on it but decided himself to shut it down and have surgery to fix it sooner than later.  

He has been suspended once.

This is a major steal... signing the top RT in the league for no signing bonus (we can use on other FA's), no guaranteed money, only a 10M cap hit and for 3 years... this is the same window everyone keeps talking about.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 01:11 PM)casear2727 Wrote: He was hurt once and could have played on it but decided himself to shut it down and have surgery to fix it sooner than later.  

He has been suspended once.

This is a major steal... signing the top RT in the league for no signing bonus (we can use on other FA's), no guaranteed money, only a 10M cap hit and for 3 years... this is the same window everyone keeps talking about.

I warming up but depends on what we have to give up
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 02:58 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I warming up but depends on what we have to give up

Fair enough, worst case scenario:  Our 1st Rd pick straight up.

Tell me why you are against this.

Reply/Quote