Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuomo issues crackdown on LGBT conversion therapy
(02-10-2016, 10:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Wow, really hard for me to take any of this serious coming from you.

Your consistent advice to anyone who has not been treated properly is "run away".  you never once suggest that some one stand up for his rights.  A restaurant won't serve your wife, you just slink out and go someplace else.  Boss doesn't treat you fair at work?  Just run away and find another job.  Your rights are being denied where you live.  Just run away to someplace where your rights are protected.

So why would you suddenly care about standing up to anyone when your ethos is based on "running away"?

Interesting contradiction. "Don't like discrimination from your government, then you can leave". "Don't like discrimination from your peers, then you can stand up to them".
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-10-2016, 10:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Wow, really hard for me to take any of this serious coming from you.

Your consistent advice to anyone who has not been treated properly is "run away".  you never once suggest that some one stand up for his rights.  A restaurant won't serve your wife, you just slink out and go someplace else.  Boss doesn't treat you fair at work?  Just run away and find another job.  Your rights are being denied where you live.  Just run away to someplace where your rights are protected.

So why would you suddenly care about standing up to anyone when your ethos is based on "running away"?

(02-10-2016, 05:16 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Interesting contradiction. "Don't like discrimination from your government, then you can leave". "Don't like discrimination from your peers, then you can stand up to them".

Way to compare apples to oranges.

We are developing a society who just tells on each other and then demonizes. This starts young when we don't force kids to confront a bully.

Once they become adults and want to change laws or change something at work and can't because they are small minority then yes they can move.
(02-09-2016, 10:10 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't think they can. To get hormone therapy, you have to talk to a therapist first and meet a number of requirements that include testing and counseling. It's a time consuming process. I think a lot of people believe it's as easy as going to a doctor once and getting a prescription.

Sure they can. Oregon allows 15 year olds to get it done with out parent consent and government funded.

With Parents consent, there have been cases of 3-4 year olds having it done.

I don't really think that that is old enough to have something done to those kids that is completely irreversible.
(02-10-2016, 05:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Way to compare apples to oranges.    

We are developing a society who just tells on each other and then demonizes.    This starts young when we don't force kids to confront a bully.    

Once they become adults and want to change laws or change something at work and can't because they are small minority then yes they can move.

What an asinine suggestion by a self proclaimed "conservative libertarian".
"If the government won't respect your rights, stop trying and run away". What the hell kind of libertarian says to stop trying to protect yourself from the government?

(02-10-2016, 05:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Way to compare apples to oranges.    

We are developing a society who just tells on each other and then demonizes.    This starts young when we don't force kids to confront a bully.    

Why do we force kids to confront bullies?  Does someone need to force you to confront a violent offender?  Should we force your wife to confront a sex offender?  I just don't get this mindset.  Oh well.
(02-10-2016, 05:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What an asinine suggestion by a self proclaimed "conservative libertarian".
"If the government won't respect your rights, stop trying and run away". What the hell kind of libertarian says to stop trying to protect yourself from the government?

The very small minority shouldn't be changing laws or policy to gain favor. Especially for idiotic issues like marriage, cake and pizza sales.
(02-10-2016, 06:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Why do we force kids to confront bullies?  Does someone need to force you to confront a violent offender?  Should we force your wife to confront a sex offender?  I just don't get this mindset.  Oh well.

It's good to face fears. Do you also think we shouldn't make a kid look under his bed or in the closet if they fear the boogeyman?

These are lessons for children. Not adults. If you are an adult and are afraid to confront a bully then you are a coward and you better make friends with a non coward.
(02-10-2016, 07:01 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's good to face fears.    Do you also think we shouldn't make a kid look under his bed or in the closet if they fear the boogeyman?

These are lessons for children.   Not adults.   If you are an adult and are afraid to confront a bully then you are a coward and you better make friends with a non coward.

Or if you confront a bully you can get shot and killed and it is called self-defense in Florida.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-10-2016, 06:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The very small minority shouldn't be changing laws or policy to gain favor.   Especially for idiotic issues like marriage, cake and pizza sales.

Yes, even the smallest of minorities should be changing laws or policies to protect their rights. That's libertarian 101. 

(02-10-2016, 07:01 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's good to face fears.    Do you also think we shouldn't make a kid look under his bed or in the closet if they fear the boogeyman?

These are lessons for children.   Not adults.   If you are an adult and are afraid to confront a bully then you are a coward and you better make friends with a non coward.

Usually roll with you Lucie, but we don't see eye to eye on this.

There are many ways other than facing a bully to give you child the confidence to face fear as an adult.

We must give then confidence and regardless what you see in the movies/ TV shows the kid that confronts the bully often takes a beating. This can be done through simple socialization (not the Sander's kind). Other tactics are to enroll kids in Self-Defense classes, sports, and scouts. I also tried to instill a strong sense of faith in my children. 

My oldest son is a track athlete, but like most mid-distance runner he is not very big; however, he has confidence, a great sense of humor, and a quick wit. Never had an issue with a bully and now as a grown man in the Navy, he still does not

They learned to walk away from the bully (figuratively), not out of fear, but out of good sense.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-10-2016, 10:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Usually roll with you Lucie, but we don't see eye to eye on this.

There are many ways other than facing a bully to give you child the confidence to face fear as an adult.

We must give then confidence and regardless what you see in the movies/ TV shows the kid that confronts the bully often takes a beating. This can be done through simple socialization (not the Sander's kind). Other tactics are to enroll kids in Self-Defense classes, sports, and scouts. I also tried to instill a strong sense of faith in my children. 

My oldest son is a track athlete, but like most mid-distance runner he is not very big; however, he has confidence, a great sense of humor, and a quick wit. Never had an issue with a bully and now as a grown man in the Navy, he still does not

They learned to walk away from the bully (figuratively), not out of fear, but out of good sense.

That's fine.    The bully test is a test for everyone.   Should we teach them how to cope with them?   Of course.     Should that mean to run and tell an adult all the time ..... No.    

the no tolerance for bullying is just another wing of the everyone gets a trophy crowd.

I don't want my kids getting into fights with a bully. I want them to be smart and also stand up for themselves and others in need.
(02-10-2016, 09:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Or if you confront a bully you can get shot and killed and it is called self-defense in Florida.   Mellow

Yup TM shouldn't have tried to bully back GZ. Maybe if he learned how to handle a bully when he was little he would know it wasn't mortal kombat.
(02-11-2016, 12:32 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yup TM shouldn't have tried to bully back GZ.   Maybe if he learned how to handle a bully when he was little he would know it wasn't mortal kombat.

Wait, so standing up to bullies is also bullying, so then the bullies should stand up to the bullied who bully back?

And then shoot them when they get their asses kicked for being bullies.

So basically, stand up to bullies but know the bullies are justified in shooting you.

(02-10-2016, 09:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Or if you confront a bully you can get shot and killed and it is called self-defense in Florida.   Mellow

I would love to know what case you are talking about?

Oh wait... never mind...

Throw out the actual facts on who was the bully in that case and just keep insisting that the guy with the gun was the bully and aggressor.
(02-11-2016, 12:32 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yup TM shouldn't have tried to bully back GZ.   Maybe if he learned how to handle a bully when he was little he would know it wasn't mortal kombat.

Nut he was still a kid...this might have been his first time "learning" how to stand up to a bully.  George was an adult...by your standards he should have known better than to bully or what to do when bullied.

In other words you "thought" is a steaming pile of shaving cream. ThumbsUp
(02-11-2016, 07:28 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Wait, so standing up to bullies is also bullying, so then the bullies should stand up to the bullied who bully back?

And then shoot them when they get their asses kicked for being bullies.

So basically, stand up to bullies but know the bullies are justified in shooting you.

Really it is the only way they can "learn".   Mellow
"Learning" the Lucy way.
[Image: 12705561_10208931511071687_6922862344294...e=572DB639]
(02-11-2016, 08:32 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I would love to know what case you are talking about?

Oh wait... never mind...

Throw out the actual facts on who was the bully in that case and just keep insisting that the guy with the gun was the bully and aggressor.

Facts?  I think it is funny how people talk about this case as if they know the "facts."  There are only two people who actually know what happened.  One of those two is dead and was unable to testify.
(02-10-2016, 02:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Either that or higher paying jobs.

How much does Tornado Wrangler pay these days?
(02-10-2016, 05:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well if they don't stand up then at least they know they are cowards.   Better to know that early.    Hopefully their parents show the right way or maybe a teacher.     There will be some kids who are cowards out there just as we have adult cowards.    Better it's all out there early then at least they can find friends who maybe aren't cowards.    

I have zero interest in protecting kids from these lessons.    I think they are important and it's a shame we shy away from letting kids learn these lessons.    This is why we have soft Millennials.

Are you referring to those parents that hope their kids are bullied like you?  Or teachers who think bullying is good because it teaches leadership?  It's statements like these that make me doubt everything you claim.  No parent in their right mind hopes their kids get bullied because it will teach them leadership.  There aren't words in the English language to adequately describe how asinine those opinions are.

So make sure you encourage your daughter's boyfriends to bully them so they learn early on they are cowards because you don't want to protect them from learning that lesson.  Matter of fact, you hope your children get the opportunity to experience emotional suffering or physical harm at the hands of someone else because this character you're pretending to be mistakenly thinks bullies teach leadership. F@$%ing ridiculous.

You have taken your character to a whole new level.  Congratulation.