Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cut/Waiver/Released/Traded/IR Tracker
Try to keep this thread for known roster updates, so they are all in one place, as the Bengals work to finalize the roster

The news will start to trickle out as players are notified over the next couple of days.

The initial 53 must be set by 4 PM Tues Aug 29th. Waiver claims must be placed before noon on Wed Aug 30th. If a player is placed on IR prior to 4 PM on Tuesday, he is done for the season. To be able to return they must be on the initial roster. Also, keep in mind that some players (like a Stanley Morgan) might be cut only to be brought back the next day as an IR move is made. Players currently on the PUP list do not count toward the 53. A player with 4 or more vested seasons is released outright all others are subject to waivers. Released players may sign with anyone. Waived players must go to the claiming team and must be on the roster for at least the week 1 game

Placed OT La’el Collins on the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list; Placed the following two players on the Reserve/Injured list: DT Tautala Pesefea Jr. and CB Marvell Tell III; Terminated the contracts of the following six players: TE Tanner Hudson, CB Sidney Jones IV, WR Stanley Morgan, QB Trevor Siemian, WR Trent Taylor and S Michael J. Thomas; Waived the following 26 players: OT Hakeem Adeniji, TE Devin Asiasi, TE Nick Bowers, S Larry Brooks, G Ben Brown, DE Owen Carney, WR Malachi Carter, P Drue Chrisman, S Yusuf Corker, DT Domenique Davis, CB Allan George, C Nate Gilliam, DE Jeff Gunter, LB Shaka Heyward, WR Mac Hippenhammer, WR Shedrick Jackson, DE Raymond Johnson III, LB Keandre Jones, G Jaxson Kirkland, WR Kwamie Lassiter II, LB Jaylen Moody, LB Tyler Murray, HB Jacob Saylors, QB Reid Sinnett, TE Christian Trahan and HB Calvin Tyler Jr.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
For those who may want a continuously updated list across the league - https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-roster-cuts-tracker-team-by-team-player-moves-ahead-of-the-2023-season
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
And so it begins...

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 09:41 AM)ochocincos Wrote: For those who may want a continuously updated list across the league - https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-roster-cuts-tracker-team-by-team-player-moves-ahead-of-the-2023-season

Some ex-Bengaks cut: 

TE Scotty Washington (Pats) 
WR Alex Erickson (Jets) 
LB Nick Vigil (Jets) 
CB Darius Phillips (Texans) 
OT: Isaiah Prince (Broncos) 
OT: Fred Johnson (Eagles) 
OT: Bobby Hart (Lions) 
DT: Christian Covington (Lions) 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:02 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Some ex-Bengaks cut: 

TE Scotty Washington (Pats) 
WR Alex Erickson (Jets) 
LB Nick Vigil (Jets) 
CB Darius Phillips (Texans) 
OT: Isaiah Prince (Broncos) 
OT: Fred Johnson (Eagles) 
OT: Bobby Hart (Lions) 
DT: Christian Covington (Lions) 

Fred Johnson was released as a procedural move.  He re-signed with the Eagles on a 2 year contract the day after he cleared waivers

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 09:57 AM)pally Wrote:

Not surprised by that after seeing what Ivey did.

I'm actually expecting we see Sidney Jones released too unless the Bengals wanna go with 7 CBs.
The CBs I got for the roster:
Awuzie
CTB
Turner
Hilton
Davis
Ivey
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:06 AM)pally Wrote: Fred Johnson was released as a procedural move.  He re-signed with the Eagles on a 2 year contract the day after he cleared waivers

Thanks for that. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:09 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Not surprised by that after seeing what Ivey did.

I'm actually expecting we see Sidney Jones released too unless the Bengals wanna go with 7 CBs.
The CBs I got for the roster:
Awuzie
CTB
Turner
Hilton
Davis
Ivey

Me, too. Though I think George is a PS candidate. 
Reply/Quote
Siemian gone.
Reply/Quote
Jake Browning is currently QB2

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:33 AM)pally Wrote: Jake Browning is currently QB2

"currently"...... 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Siemian is just a terrible qb.
Reply/Quote
AG is going back to PS, for sure. Siemien as well, possibly.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:37 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Siemian is just a terrible qb.

Really, he isn't: unlike McCoy (whom everyone wants all of a sudden), he has a significantly-better resume and numbers.

Siemien just played awful all camp and PS, I'm honestly surprised how terribly he performed.

Maybe he's not conducive to our system...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Sinnett also gone but they want him back for PS.

Looks like Trev is just a straight cut.
Reply/Quote
Thank God they got rid of Semen.. He was horrid..
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:39 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Really, he isn't: unlike McCoy (whom everyone wants all of a sudden), he has a significantly-better resume and numbers.

Siemien just played awful all camp and PS, I'm honestly surprised how terribly he performed.

Maybe he's not conducive to our system...

I am with you. I thought he was an upgrade, but he could not even beat Browning out. But Browning DID beat him out. 

Still, no one cut yet who is a serious contender for the 53, though Siemian was early in camp. 

The "no shot" contingent, in addition to George & Sinnett, is: 

RB: Salyers 
RB: Tyler 
WR: M. Carter 
WR: Hippenhammer  
TE: Bowers 
TE: Trahan 
DT/NT: Pesefea 
LB: Murray 
LB: Moody 
CB: Tell III 
S: Corker 
S: Brooks 

"No Shot" regarding the 53, the PS could be in play for some. 
Reply/Quote
No surprise on Thomas, the writing was on the wall there. Though I get why some had him making it until recently.

He will land on the PS for sure. No waivers, he is a vested vet.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 10:54 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I am with you. I thought he was an upgrade, but he could not even beat Browning out. But Browning DID beat him out. 

Still, no one cut yet who is a serious contender for the 53, though Siemian was early in camp. 

The "no shot" contingent, in addition to George & Sinnett, is: 

RB: Salyers 
RB: Tyler 
WR: M. Carter 
WR: Hippenhammer  
TE: Bowers 
TE: Trahan 
DT/NT: Pesefea 
LB: Murray 
LB: Moody 
CB: Tell III 
S: Corker 
S: Brooks 

"No Shot" regarding the 53, the PS could be in play for some. 

Allan George was projected to make the team before DJ Ivey stepped up.  Micheal Thomas's spot was being debated until last Saturday.  Neither player was ever in the "no shot" range

Reply/Quote