Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
DACA to end
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/30/kobach-the-daca-amnesty-must-be-ended/

Sounds like September 5th is date to mark. Can't wait for this to ended either by trump or by the courts.

Quote:Exclusive – Kris Kobach: The DACA Amnesty Must Be Ended

Kris W. Kobach30 Aug 2017

David McNew / Getty Images

An important deadline is approaching for the Trump Administration. By September 5, President Trump must decide whether or not to repeal President Obama’s DACA (“Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals”) executive amnesty for illegal aliens.

The deadline was set by ten States, whose attorneys general (or governor, in the case of Idaho) wrote to Attorney General Jeff Sessions demanding an end to the illegal amnesty. The States are Alabama, Arkansas, Idaho, Louisiana, Kansas, Nebraska, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and West Virginia. If DACA is not terminated, the States will take the Trump Administration to court.

Candidate Trump promised during the 2016 campaign that he would end DACA. On August 31, 2016, in Phoenix he correctly described DACA as an “illegal executive amnesty.” And he promised that he would “[i]mmediately terminate President Obama’s two illegal executive amnesties in which he defied federal law and the Constitution.” It is time to make good on that promise.

The DACA amnesty allows virtually any illegal alien up to the age of 31 (as of June 15, 2012, when it was announced) who claims that he entered the United States before the age of 16 to gain “deferred action” and lawful presence in the United States. The alien also becomes eligible for employment authorization. In practice, today illegal aliens up the age of 36 are getting the amnesty. It’s not limited to “children” as the Left is so eager to pretend. It’s estimated that the DACA amnesty could extend to approximately 1.7 million illegal aliens. More than 886,000 have already applied for, and received, the amnesty.

The Obama Administration attempted to defend the legality of DACA on a flimsy theory that has already been rejected by multiple courts – that “prosecutorial discretion” can be used to confer the benefit of lawful presence on millions of illegal aliens, en masse, without any action by Congress. The theory is ridiculous on its face. Prosecutorial discretion is a decision not to prosecute a specific person based on the evidence at hand; it is not a mass changing of legal status for millions of people.

If the States sue, they will win. As a legal question, it’s not even close. DACA is not illegal for just one reason. It’s illegal for at least five reasons – three violations of federal law and two violations of the United States Constitution:

Federal law violations:

8 USC 1225(b)(2). This statute requires that any alien an ICE officer determines to be inadmissible “shall” be placed in removal proceedings. Congress passed this law in 1996 to stop the “catch and release” policies of the Clinton Administration. Incredibly, DACA orders ICE agents to break this law. In 2012, in the case of Crane v. Napolitano, I represented 10 ICE agents who sued the Obama Administration to stop DACA. Although the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals eventually ruled that the ICE agents didn’t have standing, the district court in the Northern District of Texas had already held that we were likely to succeed on this claim.
The Administrative Procedure Act (APA). Even if there weren’t a statutory barrier to a president issuing the DACA directive, the Department of Homeland Security would still have to promulgate a formal regulation (or “rule”), with notice and public comment, under the requirements of the APA. The Obama Administration violated this federal law as well when it created DACA. The Fifth Circuit already came to this conclusion in Texas v. United States, a case which resulted in an injunction halting the second Obama executive amnesty (which was based on the same theory as DACA).
“Prosecutorial discretion” cannot be used to confer federal benefits. Prosecutorial discretion is a decision not to prosecute; it is not a legally-permissible mechanism for granting lawful presence or the valuable benefit of employment authorization. Federal law lays out the only avenues for obtaining either. And DACA doesn’t follow those avenues. The Fifth Circuit reached this conclusion as well in Texas v. United States.
United States Constitution violations:

The Constitutional Separation of Powers. The granting of the right to remain in the United States, plus employment authorization, to a large number of aliens is a legislative action, not an executive action. The “DREAM Act” legislative amnesty, which DACA mimics, has been introduced and has failed in Congress more than twenty times since 2001. If someday Congress decides to enact the DREAM Act, Congress may do so. But a president may not usurp Congress’s authority, as President Obama did, by imposing the DACA amnesty on the country through executive fiat.
Article 2, section 3, of the U.S. Constitution. This section of the Constitution requires the president to “take care that the laws be faithfully executed.” The DACA amnesty is an express order not to execute the multiple federal laws that render these aliens unlawfully present. An order not to enforce the law against 1.7 million specially-designated aliens is a clear violation of this constitutional provision.
Any single one of these legal claims is sufficient to torpedo DACA in court. And three have already been given credence by the courts. Attorney General Sessions knows this. As he correctly told the Senate Judiciary Committee in January, DACA is “very questionable, in my opinion, constitutionally.” He is undoubtedly reluctant to defend this blatantly illegal executive amnesty.

The Department of Justice can’t win the case. The Fifth Circuit has already ruled on the central legal question, and that is where the case would be heard. The Trump Administration would lose in court, and the president would lose a significant section of his political base as well. DACA is inconsistent with the rule of law, inconsistent with the president’s own promises, and inconsistent with the president’s principled stand against illegal immigration. It must end.

Kris W. Kobach is the elected secretary of state of Kansas. An expert in immigration law and policy, he coauthored the Arizona SB-1070 immigration law and represented in federal court the 10 ICE agents who sued to stop Obama’s 2012 executive amnesty. In 2017 President Trump named him Vice Chairman of the Presidential Commission on Election Integrity. He is also a candidate for the office of governor of Kansas. His website is kriskobach.com.
36 so they would have been here at least 20 years...

Thats what i always say. Ruin as many lives as possible.

If you were 16 and your parents sent you over to seek the American dream in the land of the free... You could now be 36 supporting a wife and kids. Tough shit hombre. The orange turd is steering the ship. One way ticket. Maybe a drug cartel will hire you down in mehico
You know what I heard this morning?

"The Mexicans are too expensive, get those kids that we hired a couple weeks ago"

Lol
(08-30-2017, 08:01 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: 36 so they would have been here at least 20 years...

Thats what i always say. Ruin as many lives as possible.

If you were 16 and your parents sent you over to seek the American dream in the land of the free... You could now be 36 supporting a wife and kids. Tough shit hombre. The orange turd is steering the ship. One way ticket. Maybe a drug cartel will hire you down in mehico

If you were 36 that means you have had 18 years to get right with the law.
(08-31-2017, 12:04 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If you were 36 that means you have had 18 years to get right with the law.

Ever consider they may have tried? Just throwing that out there. You seem to assume the worst in people with relative frequency.
(08-31-2017, 09:41 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Ever consider they may have tried? Just throwing that out there. You seem to assume the worst in people with relative frequency.

I am well aware of the immigration process. It's not that difficult and they could have done this and been citizens about six times over in that span.

I assume the worst when it's warranted. If they didn't get it done in 18 years then that's on them.
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/08/31/zuckerberg-group-700k-american-job-openings-daca-ends/

That should help get Americans working. Thanks Zuckerberg Group.

Quote:Zuckerberg Group: 700K American Job Openings If DACA Ends

John Binder31 Aug 2017
Stock photo: Construction worker jumps for joy.
jarmoluk / pixabay
Washington, D.C.2,271

A study by Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s open borders organization revealed that if an Obama-created amnesty program for young illegal aliens is ended, it would open nearly 700,000 American jobs.

Zuckerberg’s FWD.us group – a pro-immigration lobbying group – released the study with the intention to show the hardships of ending the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, where more than 850,000 young illegal aliens have been given temporary amnesty would have on the American economy.

The study unintentionally revealed how many more job opportunities American workers would have if President Trump were to repeal DACA, as he promised his supporters he would do.

According to the FWD.us study, if DACA is repealed it would mean potentially 700,000 American jobs could open up for American citizens.

The study claims that on average, if Trump were to repeal DACA, 30,000 American job opportunities would open up each month. FWD.us President Todd Schulte touted the results of the study as a loss for America’s business community, saying it would have “severe consequences” on the economy.

“Eliminating DACA would have immediate and severe consequences for not only the 800,000 Dreamers enrolled in the program, but for the millions of Americans who live, work, and study with these young people every single day,” Schulte said in a statement.

Immigration hawks have long argued the booming illegal alien population–estimated between 12 to 30 million–and high levels of legal immigration, where the U.S. admits more than one million a year, contribute to the displacement of American workers and wage stagnation.

The open borders lobby and corporate interests teamed up over the last few months to defend DACA and demand the Trump Administration keep the program going.

A legal threat by a number of state attorneys general, including Texas’ Ken Paxton, could potentially force the Trump Administration to end the program or decline to defend the program in court.

Under DACA, young illegal aliens are given permits to work in the U.S. despite their immigration status. In President Obama’s last months in office, he scrambled to give out more than 120,000 permissions, Breitbart Texas reported.

John Binder is a reporter for Breitbart Texas. Follow him on Twitter at @JxhnBinder.
Na na na na, na na na na, hey-hey-hey, goodbye

[Image: 2vMGpKS.jpg]
Not a surprise that he would do that.  His base fears immigrants so he had to do something since he couldn't repeal the ACA, build a wall, lock her up, etc...

Besides who wants these kinds of people in the US?

Quote:The DACA program was formed through executive order by former President Barack Obama in 2012 and allows for certain people who come to the U.S. illegally as minors protection from immediate deportation. Recipients are able to request “consideration of deferred action” for a period of two years which is subject to renewal.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/31/what-is-daca-and-why-would-trump-dismantle-it.html

“Deferred action is a use of prosecutorial discretion to defer removal action against an individual for a certain period of time,” U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services states. “Deferred action does not provide lawful status.”

Individuals are able to request DACA status if they were under the age of 31 on June 15, 2012, came to the U.S. before turning 16 and have continuously lived in the country since June 15, 2007.

Individuals must also have a high school diploma, GED certification, been honorably discharged from the military or still be in school. Recipients cannot have a criminal record.

It does not provide “legal status.”

Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
More on DACA lapse

[Image: XQbhYWs.jpg]

[Image: U6xbOEY.jpg]
(08-31-2017, 03:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not a surprise that he would do that.  His base fears immigrants so he had to do something since he couldn't repeal the ACA, build a wall, lock her up, etc...

700k more jobs for Americans. According to Zuckerberg.

Sounds like a win for Americans.
(08-31-2017, 02:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/08/31/zuckerberg-group-700k-american-job-openings-daca-ends/

That should help get Americans working.   Thanks Zuckerberg Group.  

Which furthers what I've said for years: enforce employer restrictions and illegal residents will disappear.

But campaign contributions come from businesses, who need cheap labor. From restaurants to construction to chicken plants, employers utilize illegal workers so they can maximize profits. 

If this is correct, you likely won't add 700,000 workers. Most likely you'll likely see a large number of small to medium businesses close as they can't afford labor any more, or (less likely) prices will have to increase significantly to attract workers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-31-2017, 03:23 PM)Benton Wrote: Which furthers what I've said for years: enforce employer restrictions and illegal residents will disappear.

But campaign contributions come from businesses, who need cheap labor. From restaurants to construction to chicken plants, employers utilize illegal workers so they can maximize profits. 

If this is correct, you likely won't add 700,000 workers. Most likely you'll likely see a large number of small to medium businesses close as they can't afford labor any more, or (less likely) prices will have to increase significantly to attract workers.

Yep.  Those low wage jobs will either disappear completely or businesses will use illegals that don't report to try and stay in the system until they can become legal citizens.  People who don't have a high school degree, time in the service or our still in school.

Now we'll get to see the worst here....hiding.  And/or being abused for fear of being deported.

Great move, eh?
(08-31-2017, 03:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yep.  Those low wage jobs will either disappear completely or businesses will use illegals that don't report to try and stay in the system until they can become legal citizens.  People who don't have a high school degree, time in the service or our still in school.

Now we'll get to see the worst here....hiding.  And/or being abused for fear of being deported.

Great move, eh?

How about we try just hiring Americans who can legally work.

It's not all doom and gloom
(08-31-2017, 03:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How about we try just hiring Americans who can legally work.  

It's not all doom and gloom

How about asking why that wasn't done in the first place?  Cool
I always find it interesting when you read a report/study and look at the different takes on it. Honestly, I'd like to see a more in depth analysis of the financial burden to the businesses losing the DACA employees, more discussion of the types of jobs, in what geographic areas, and in what industries, as well as a forecasting of jobs that will stay in the US.

Before anyone cheers the unemployed masses increasing in such a way, there are a lot of other factors in the details that aren't being taken into account by either Breitbart or Zuckerburg/CAP. This is definitely a heavily biased/partisan media take on a heavily biased/partisan interest group report. We need a good think tank to take a look at this.
I am one of those that has mixed feelings about things like this. While on one hand, I want everyone living permanently in the US to be here legally. On the other hand, I have generally found the Mexican immigrants to be a very hard working people, with strong family values. Now, I'm not talking about the cartel connected ones in drug distribution gangs, you'll likely find about the same percentage of any race or ethnic group that chooses a lifestyle as an outlaw. I am speaking of all the hardworking immigrants busting their asses on the construction crews, working the farm fields, cooking our food in the restaurants, working in retail, fast food, hotel maid staffs, and countless other service jobs. All busting their asses to live a simple, peaceful life and raise their children.

If all of them were to vanish, do you really think that Megan and Elizabeth are going to run down to the Super8 and snatch up those maid jobs? How about Trent and Connor? Do you see them rushing out to the field to pick them vegetables? Me either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-31-2017, 03:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: How about asking why that wasn't done in the first place?  Cool

I agree. I would happily punish businesses who hire illegals. You either follow the laws or get in trouble.
(08-31-2017, 04:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I am one of those that has mixed feelings about things like this. While on one hand, I want everyone living permanently in the US to be here legally. On the other hand, I have generally found the Mexican immigrants to be a very hard working people, with strong family values. Now, I'm not talking about the cartel connected ones in drug distribution gangs, you'll likely find about the same percentage of any race or ethnic group that chooses a lifestyle as an outlaw. I am speaking of all the hardworking immigrants busting their asses on the construction crews, working the farm fields, cooking our food in the restaurants, working in retail, fast food, hotel maid staffs, and countless other service jobs. All busting their asses to live a simple, peaceful life and raise their children.

If all of them were to vanish, do you really think that Megan and Elizabeth are going to run down to the Super8 and snatch up those maid jobs? How about Trent and Connor? Do you see them rushing out to the field to pick them vegetables? Me either.

I most certainly would see those jobs filled here. Lawn services here are manned by illegals it pushes out actual Americans. The night cleaning g companies would benefit as well. I used to own a night cleaning service and we had to compete against the illegals and it was tough when we're being outbid by people who had cheap labor.

Those are just two quick examples of how it would impact me here locally.

They are good people but they need to come here and follow the laws.
(08-31-2017, 03:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I always find it interesting when you read a report/study and look at the different takes on it. Honestly, I'd like to see a more in depth analysis of the financial burden to the businesses losing the DACA employees, more discussion of the types of jobs, in what geographic areas, and in what industries, as well as a forecasting of jobs that will stay in the US.

Before anyone cheers the unemployed masses increasing in such a way, there are a lot of other factors in the details that aren't being taken into account by either Breitbart or Zuckerburg/CAP. This is definitely a heavily biased/partisan media take on a heavily biased/partisan interest group report. We need a good think tank to take a look at this.

Zuckerberg isnt running some conservative outfit. They tried to make it seem like we needed DACA but it backfired.